What's new

Summer League Thread

Utah: Keyonte George, Taylor Hendricks, Ochai Agbaji

OKC: Chet Holmgren, Cason Wallace

Memphis: GG Jackson

Philadelphia: who cares...

sucks so bad. at least we have vegas. looks i'll be paying for internet.
Im hoping there will be nbatv in a sports bar or something. (I think the games are always on nbatv right?) though even then the likelyhood of having the time and opportunity to watch is small.

It would be fun if, at some point, if teams would actually optimize rosters and play basketball. It would be a much better showcase.

The UDFAs playing all are older and have been playing college ball for 5 years. Colbey Ross was Pepperdine's leading all time leading scorer. The Marshall guy's stats speak for themselves and he was a teammate of the Hand's son, two Big East bigs that had big games late in the season vs UConn and a 6'7"245 lbs guy from Santa Clara that averaged 13 ppg and shot over 40% from three. The UVa guard just played on teams that won.

Besides our drafted rookies, I'm most excited to watch Hauser. Guy was arguably the best shooter in college last year.

Let the Hunger Games begin. Juzang and Vernon Carey Jr. resurface. Every guy listed had a solid college career. I suspect most of these guys will play for the Stars and the competition for the two two ways will be intense. I will be interested to see how the five year college guys will match up against our one and done draft picks.

Besides our drafted rookies, I'm most excited to watch Hauser. Guy was arguably the best shooter in college last year.
for me taevion kinsey, by far. also, it's crazy how young samanic is still. seems like he's been around forever, yet he's the age of a college senior.

From the team's press release for what it's worth: "The team’s Summer League roster is headlined by Ochai Agbaji, Luka Šamanić, and Vernon Carey Jr., as well as Utah’s 2023 first round draft picks Taylor Hendricks (No. 9), Keyonte George (No.16), and Brice Sensabaugh (No.28)."

the age on colbey ross is wrong in case anybody though the jazz might have a 34 year old dude on their sl roster.
Coming into his senior season, Ross was named to the Preseason All-WCC team.[19] On November 27, 2020, he became Pepperdine's all-time leading scorer while scoring 33 points in a 107–98 triple overtime loss to UCLA.[20] Ross scored his 2,000th career point in a loss to Gonzaga on January 30, 2021.[21] He averaged 17.5 points, 4.1 rebounds, and 7.7 assists per game, leading the Waves to their first College Basketball Invitational Championship.[22]