What's new

Summer League Thread

Just wondering -- does anyone see what I think I'm seeing with Samanic?:

The thing I worry most about him is his touch. If a layup isn't really easy and direct, it's probably not coming off the backboard well for him. If a shot isn't virtually an "all-net" shot, there's little likelihood that a bounce will go his way.

Watching Scoot and Amen makes me wish the Jazz would've tanked harder last season.

Scoot/Amen looking great….meanwhile Jabari Smith. What the hell happened?
I’m not sure I was ever really a believer in his upside. I think Hendricks is as good of a prospect (which is good for a #9 pick, but not a guy that could’ve went #1).

I’m not sure I was ever really a believer in his upside. I think Hendricks is as good of a prospect (which is good for a #9 pick, but not a guy that could’ve went #1).

Every time I watched Jabari last year he was just a guy…but also just a guy who couldn’t shoot. So much of his value as a prospect was his shooting, but if that was just a hot shooting season at Auburn he might have fooled people. His on ball play was really lacking otherwise, but I think people understood that about his game.

His shooting was so convincing, but there’s no guarantee anyone can shoot once they actually get into the league. Even if the shot comes around, the rest of his game is underwhelming.

Leonard Millers first summer league game is exactly who I thought he would be in the league eventually.

16/11/2/2/1 +20 on 7/11 and 2/4 shooting.

Yes, I know it’s summer league but….

I want a Liddell report later if you’d be so kind.
I wasnt watching super closely, mostly had it on in the background for whenever Hawkins/Miller would do stuff. Liddell had some decent plays, but I didnt really notice him most of the game.

Also a reminder that the Wolves are the ones who drafted Walker Kessler. Tim Connelly might just be an elite drafter. Also drafted Murray, Jokic, Porter Jr, and Monte Morris.

Still think Minnott is eventually going to be a good player as well.

Not completely sold on Moore Jr, but he could be a solid role player someday.