What's new

Summer League Thread

A guy for the Blazers scored 29 points tonight. Last season he averaged 6 ppg for the Clippers GLeague team. He was a high school teammate of RJ Barett.

We are such clowns for not properly tanking last year and giving ourselves a shot for Wemby. It's KD meets Giannis meets Rudy... And we didn't even go for the tank. Smdh
If you have time have a look at the Wemby thread and a look at what he’s been doing.

Kessler is shooting 3s lights out in preactice,

I’ve been in Vegas for SL since Thursday and have had an absolute blast. I highly recommend it for everyone to do at least once. No better place to be for a basketball junkie.

The first day there I worked my way down to as close as I could possibly be without being a media or team member. I figured out what side the Jazz bench was going to be on and just kept moving down after each game.

I got as close as I possibly could and sat directly behind Sam Presti and Rob Hennigan for an entire game. Sat right next to a lower level agent for Klutch for an entire game as well.

There isn’t much things better than being close enough to hear the players talk on the court while playing.

Keyonte looked amazing as we all know. Biggest thing I noticed is how well he distributed the ball while also looking for his own shot. He has another level of playmaking that he didn’t get to showcase at Baylor. Super crafty and I’m extremely excited to watch him play this season.

Met up with @Handlogten's Heros and chatted for a couple of hours. We could have talked for hours upon hours more. Such a good cool dude and a blast to talk to. Super glad we could meet up man!

Walked around the arena a bit and saw Aaron Gordon and Anfernee Simons walking the halls. HH’s son and nephews all got tons of autographs from a bunch of different guys.

You would never be able to get this kind of access to these guys without SL so it’s a super dope experience.

@Ferguson_Mellochill and @Saint Cy of JFC will like this. I met Rafael Barlowe and talked to him for a couple of minutes. Super nice dude and he said a lot of his new followers are Jazz fans. I mentioned it’s probably because he was the first one to bring up Utah’s interest in Keyonte and he said he knows Keyonte pretty well so he had some inside intel on that. He said he genuinely thought Utah was going to take Bilal going into the draft. I asked him about GG falling and he said it’s because he acts like a 12-year old. He said Utah would have been the best place for him to go.

Speaking of Bilal… he was pretty invisible when I watched him and HH felt the same way when we were talking about him. It was hard to tell he was on the court which is not a good thing. He’s 9/24 from the field and 0/5 from 3 through 2 games. Going to be hard for him until he develops any offensive game. Super out of control on drives and not a good shooter.

I talked about Black earlier but he looked really good in person and seems like such a likeable dude. Definitely a guy players would want to play with.

Jarace is a menace defensively and did great rebounding as well. He also made few nice plays on offense passing the ball. His shot worries me a little and he looked rough trying to create his own shot but the other intangibles he brings definitely tilts the scale in his favor.

Super bummed about Hendricks being injured. Really was looking forward to seeing him play. He and Brice sat on the bench during the game and Danny came over to talk to both of them before the game started. It was cool to see Walker, Ryan, Danny, Will and THT all sitting courtside during the game supporting the team. The Jazz definitely had the most support there from players and front office from what I saw. All in all an amazing experience and like I said just an absolute blast.

While you’re in Vegas you should swing over to Tivoli village at TheNOW and request me for the best healing massage you’ll ever have. Or I could mobile Tuesday-Thursday