What's new

Summer League Thread

JHS is a better ball handler and definitely more flashy with his passing. I think Black is just steady and makes the right play

I've been super impressed with Black's defense.
black's defense, his passing and feel for game are great. but, if he never learns to shoot from the outside he wont be able to play major minutes

JHS is a better ball handler and definitely more flashy with his passing. I think Black is just steady and makes the right play

I've been super impressed with Black's defense.
They are somewhat similar they just leverage their craft off different parts of their games.

JHS just has so many more options available to him because he doesn't have the half court weaknesses like Black does.

I wonder if the covid/6 year seniors are a big reason why a lot of the Freshman prospects struggled in college, but are doing well in summer league. It's difficult to come in as a 18/19 year old and play against a bunch of guys 5-6 years older than you, but after a year of that they are more prepared to play against those type of guys in summer league.

I wonder if the covid/6 year seniors are a big reason why a lot of the Freshman prospects struggled in college, but are doing well in summer league. It's difficult to come in as a 18/19 year old and play against a bunch of guys 5-6 years older than you, but after a year of that they are more prepared to play against those type of guys in summer league.
Yes, I believe so.

Just got done watching Houston/OKC:
- Interestingly Cam and Cason were guarding each other for a lot of the game. I don't think either scored while being guarded by the other. They both had very poor shooting games. Cam was taking bad shots. Cason was missing everything just a little short.
- I love watching Cason play defense. He's just very technically sound, but also really instinctual. He can have an awful game offensively like tonight, but still be impactful to the game with his defense.
- Cam is an amazing athlete and has great size, but he needs to really work on learning the game of basketball and rounding out his skill set. I still think he has a ton of potential, but needs more work than I originally thought.
- Cason showed a lot more potential this game as a point guard. He was able to break the paint pretty easily and made 6 or 7 really nice passes, but his teammates were just garbage and couldn't do anything with the ball when he passed it to them. He still has a ways to go, especially with ball handling, if is every going to be a lead guard in the NBA, but he shows some flashes and I still think he can get there.
-The top 7 guys from OKC's summer league squad all rested today which left Cason playing with a bunch of guys who looked like they didn't know what they were doing. He was having to take a lot of shots after a play would break down, and that's just not his game right now.