What's new

Summer League

Not sure if he'll be average. He just needs to be playable.
After all of the trade fireworks are over, the Jazz need to play all of the young guys they get in these trades extensively to see if any of them deserve a long term contract and a spot in the future playoff rotation. If two out of Bolmaro, Kessler, Grimes, Toppin, etc. pan out, then they’ll have some decent young players to build around the key guys they draft over the next few years with all the picks.

After all of the trade fireworks are over, the Jazz need to play all of the young guys they get in these trades extensively to see if any of them deserve a long term contract and a spot in the future playoff rotation. If two out of Bolmaro, Kessler, Grimes, Toppin, etc. pan out, then they’ll have some decent young players to build around the key guys they draft over the next few years with all the picks.

Toppin has starter potential depending on his defense.
Kessler should be a decent backup if he adds strength and works with Alex Jensen like Rudy did. He's a year or so away.
Bolmaro should be a backup ball handler.
Grimes is probably a backup defensive 2/3.

(imo)

Toppin has starter potential depending on his defense.
Kessler should be a decent backup if he adds strength and works with Alex Jensen like Rudy did. He's a year or so away.
Bolmaro should be a backup ball handler.
Grimes is probably a backup defensive 2/3.

(imo)
Toppin reminds me a little of Tobias Harris. He’s a bit older than the other guys being talked about, but I think his upside is still pretty high in the right circumstances.

Toppin reminds me a little of Tobias Harris. He’s a bit older than the other guys being talked about, but I think his upside is still pretty high in the right circumstances.

Nah, Toppin's more like a young Derrick Favs before succumbing to injuries and losing his bounce. Harris isnt nearly as freakish of an athlete and he can actually shoot.

The 4th quarter highlighted how bad some of our summer league guys are. It reminded me of game 6 Jazz Clips two season ago.

Interesting how little Cockburn has played. Not sure if that's by design to shield him a bit from other teams or just because he's not that great, but my guess is that it's a bit of the former.
No my take here is that since it’s the final regular game, that the coaches get a look at the players not signed that could possibly help us.

The Jazz lost by six to the Raptors today although the game wasn't that close. The Jazz never led and Butler and Bolmaro couldn't throw it in the ocean. Other than the kid that was the Big 10 defensive player of the year it was a pretty yucky showing by everyone. No one gets a juice box or trophy today.
Thanks for the recap.