What's new

Suns close to acquiring Turkoglu and Josh Childress

WojYahooNBA: The Suns will send a 2012 second-round pick to Atlanta. Wizards, Spurs and Jazz tried to get involved with Childress, sources say.

WojYahooNBA: The Suns will send a 2012 second-round pick to Atlanta. Wizards, Spurs and Jazz tried to get involved with Childress, sources say.

Kevin O'Connor was reportedly waiting until Monday to make an offer. :lol:

The Turkoglu deal is insane. Can't figure out what Phoenix is thinking with that. As to Childress, I have to believe that he was picking from teams offering the MLE and just didn't pick us. If that's the case, not much we could do.

The Turkoglu deal is insane. Can't figure out what Phoenix is thinking with that. As to Childress, I have to believe that he was picking from teams offering the MLE and just didn't pick us. If that's the case, not much we could do.

They are thinking they only have Steve Nash left for so long, so they want to desperately try and win a championship before he retires.

I'm sure PHX is betting on Hedo playing much more like the guy in Orlando than the unhappy Toronto version.

They are thinking they only have Steve Nash left for so long, so they want to desperately try and win a championship before he retires.

And acquiring Turkoglu who career is in a tail spin and Childress who did not win anything of significance with Olympiacos in two seasons would get them a championship?

The Suns are clearly returning to small-ball 05-06 style. They have Channing Frye filing the Tim Thomas-role and Turkoglu is the guy they're going to play at PF and create mismatches a la Boris Diaw (granted less post-ups and w/more range). Playing Turkoglu at PF will allow Warrick to fill Amundson's spot coming off the bench and Barbosa became expendable with the emergence of Dragic, and Childress gives them a pretty good wing off the bench. They should be a blast to watch but as always even with a healthy Lopez they won't be getting through the Lakers.

And acquiring Turkoglu who career is in a tail spin and Childress who did not win anything of significance with Olympiacos in two seasons would get them a championship?

Yeah, they definitely should have picked one of the other numerous free agents who are better than Turkoglu or Childress.

LOL.

Deron's comment about this offseason being not so busy for us is even more hilarious.

Even the teams that are losing key free agents are trying to be proactive. While we're off sleeping while there's enemies at the gates.

All well, I do hope we avoid overpaying or making some bad long term deals. I do wish however, that we could at least hear about our team being proactive. thus far, it appears we're just victims of our own reactive, not proactive, attitudes.

Tail spin? He is one year removed from his best season...I'd say it is a solid risk/reward move.

I'm not saying Turkoglu's worthless. He's a good player. But he's 31 with 4 more expensive years. Phoenix had the leverage in that deal. They should have done better than just pawning off Barbosa on them.

Don't worry guys, KOC has got a master plan that will win us a championship ASAP.

rodin20thinker.jpg

The part that kills me is that everyone just assumes that KOC is just sitting there doing nothing. It could just be that no one wants what the Jazz are able to offer right now. What the phrase again, takes two to tango?

I'm not saying Turkoglu's worthless. He's a good player. But he's 31 with 4 more expensive years. Phoenix had the leverage in that deal. They should have done better than just pawning off Barbosa on them.

I think Barbosa's role has diminished greatly with the emergence of young Nash. Dragic has made Barbosa completely expendable. He's just as athletic and a far better shooter and passer.

The part that kills me is that everyone just assumes that KOC is just sitting there doing nothing. It could just be that no one wants what the Jazz are able to offer right now. What the phrase again, takes two to tango?

Lets just sell the franchise. We've never been able to get a defensive center despite having one of the best offenses in the NBA for 3+ years. We've never been able to get rid of AK47. Never been able to get a halfway decent SG until Wes fell into our laps. Never been able to get a backup point guard (Price, Knight, etc have sucked). Can't move up in the draft. Can't get a FA. Can't get a trade. We just lose our best players for nothing.

Lets just throw our hands up in the air and wave the white flag.

While I understand that perhaps KOC is working his butt off, we just need to go off the proof of what's happening. Many teams around us are making moves. While we appear incapable or unwilling, to do anything.

As of right now, this next season is going to be a rebuilding one. Maybe we can make the lottery next year to make some serious upgrades.

Lets just sell the franchise. We've never been able to get a defensive center despite having one of the best offenses in the NBA for 3+ years. We've never been able to get rid of AK47. Never been able to get a halfway decent SG until Wes fell into our laps. Never been able to get a backup point guard (Price, Knight, etc have sucked). Can't move up in the draft. Can't get a FA. Can't get a trade. We just lose our best players for nothing.

While I understand that perhaps KOC is working his butt off, we just need to go off the proof of what's happening. Many teams around us are making moves. While we appear incapable or unwilling, to do anything.

As of right now, this next season is going to be a rebuilding one. Maybe we can make the lottery next year to make some serious upgrades.

You may just be the most over-dramatic poster in the short history of internet message boards.

Sweet rant bro.