What's new

Suns close to acquiring Turkoglu and Josh Childress

This just makes me sick. I never thought I'd become part of the outspoken "fire KOC" clan and have defended him, but really? Look at our team. KOC just needs to be fired. He's not doing his job and he's sitting on his hands. Great teams make bold moves.

The part that kills me is that everyone just assumes that KOC is just sitting there doing nothing. It could just be that no one wants what the Jazz are able to offer right now. What the phrase again, takes two to tango?

The Suns are getting Childress for a 2nd round pick dude. A 2nd round pick! That's called an active GM. And the funniest part about it? The Suns don't even have a GM!

The telling part for me was seeing KOC at the Orlando Summer League, just watching the game with a dour look on his face. Know what, Walt Perrin should be scouting the OSL players. KOC's job is contacting agents and GM's, scouring for deals. Then again, we don't know what the directive has been from upstairs. I'm sure Greg has told him that he CANNOT exceed the luxury tax. And to his defense, we were unable to do anything with the MLE until either signing Wesley Matthews or matching/declining an offer sheet. That's what happens when you're over the cap. And you can thank Larry H. for that. He was the one who vetoed the AK for Marion deal.

The Suns are getting Childress for a 2nd round pick dude. A 2nd round pick! That's called an active GM. And the funniest part about it? The Suns don't even have a GM!

The Jazz were trying to get him...Childress likely didn't want to come here. Can't facilitate a sign and trade if the player is unwilling to sign now can you?

Lets just sell the franchise. We've never been able to get a defensive center despite having one of the best offenses in the NBA for 3+ years.
Maybe, just maybe, given the scarcity of legit big men, the coach might want to try a little bit harder to find time for their existing legit 7-footers, even though one was an off-court goof-off and the other one sometimes overthought the game (KK2).

We've never been able to get rid of AK47.
I think that Utah deliberately hung onto AK even though they have had opportunities to trade him, and I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens again this coming year, even though his contract is expiring.

[Update: David James reporting that Yahoo! has posted that Dallas will be signing Udonis Haslem. I don't see it, but maybe it'll break more formally soon.]
https://sports.yahoo.com/nba;_ylt=Ana28pbWaCwHznVJEpMry7XrPKB4

Maybe, just maybe, given the scarcity of legit big men, the coach might want to try a little bit harder to find time for their existing legit 7-footers, even though one was an off-court goof-off and the other one sometimes overthought the game (KK2).

so even though by your admission, one guy is a goofy *** and the other inept, you still bitch about Sloan not giving them even more PT than they have got, atleast twice every day. You have a special case of Asperger syndrome

Lets just sell the franchise. We've never been able to get a defensive center despite having one of the best offenses in the NBA for 3+ years. We've never been able to get rid of AK47. Never been able to get a halfway decent SG until Wes fell into our laps. Never been able to get a backup point guard (Price, Knight, etc have sucked). Can't move up in the draft. Can't get a FA. Can't get a trade. We just lose our best players for nothing.

Lets just throw our hands up in the air and wave the white flag.

While I understand that perhaps KOC is working his butt off, we just need to go off the proof of what's happening. Many teams around us are making moves. While we appear incapable or unwilling, to do anything.

As of right now, this next season is going to be a rebuilding one. Maybe we can make the lottery next year to make some serious upgrades.

So since the teams around the Jazz are being crazy and offering ridiculous contracts, you'd prefer the Jazz to do the same and start offering ridiculous contracts?

I like what Phoenix has done. They let Amare walk, but immediatley replaced him with Warrick and locked up thier own FA Channing Frye before other teams got to him. Now they dump their overpaid back-up pg (because they have a guy on a rookie or minimum contract who plays the same spot). They tell thier fans that they probably won't be able to bring Amundson back but sign Childress.

Sure Amare is gone but they have multiple bigs: Warrick, Frye, Clark, & Lopez.

A very nice offseason and it is all finished before a certain other team has even moved off its assetts. I doubt their fans are asking "Does this team even have a plan?"