What's new

Suns @ Jazz, 10/28, TNT, 8:30PM

Marty McFly

The Suns of Phoenix challenge Gerald Sloan's Jazz in the cold city of the Salty Lake.

I think it's a close game for the first 3 quarters and then the Jazz pull away.

If we look as slow and lazy as we did against the Thuggets then we're in for a devastating home loss. But there's no way we play that badly for the home opener. Jefferson dominates Robin Lopez, Williams schools Nash and Bell lights up his former team. Jazz 117 - Suns 109.

Ever wonder what a curb stomping feels like? Get ready, you're about to experience it.

This is a whole new team, it may take them more than a couple games to get it together, but they will.
My prediction for tomorrow night;

Jazz by 5 in a mostly ugly game throughout.

I just have 1 thing to say about this game...

holdon.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9uuPza41Uw

I look for Evans and AK to have good games in this one. I'm guessing Jefferson and Fess might struggle (again).

And I'll add Jefferson. He's averaged better than 20 and 10 his past three seasons and he didn't forget how to play once he put on the new uni. It looks like he's being respectful (overly?) of the new team, coaches, teammates, system ... He just needs to get pissed.

Jefferson and DWill will bounce back, big time. I'm VERY excited for this game, mostly because I didn't see how bad we sucked tonight.

Should'nt be fooled by home wins feeding off of the crowd. Its nice and all that, but this team will come of age when they start putting good teams away on the road. That's where the so-called improvement on defense should come into play. If they win the next one against Thunder, that would be more promising. But we'll have to give it a month for the gelling process.

Should'nt be fooled by home wins feeding off of the crowd. Its nice and all that, but this team will come of age when they start putting good teams away on the road. That's where the so-called improvement on defense should come into play. If they win the next one against Thunder, that would be more promising. But we'll have to give it a month for the gelling process.

That. Except for the part about a month. In the tight West, if they take that long to gel, they'll be buried and any shot of a high seed will be in serious jeopardy. They need to gel POSTHASTE.

We better hope Phoenix has an off night from 3 point land or we are in trouble. We always get killed by the deep ball.

I watched Suns against Blazers and can say that Suns will have a real difficult time rebounding the ball. Hedo is a versatile player, and he can make contributions to this Suns team in many aspects of the game, however there are two things that he is not used to: defending the 4, boxing out bigger guys or let say particularly focusing on putting big effort on defensive rebs. He has had Duncan, Dwight, Divac, Bosh playing upfront in the other teams he played for. More importantly he has generally played as a SF more than PG or PF. Robin Lopez and Hedo duo just will not possess a reliable inside scoring threat. Lopez's efficiency and impact on offense is directly proportional to the easy finishes he will get thanks to Nash's great passing ability + his ability to run the floor very quick for a big man. The keys to the success against Suns will be dominating rebounds, getting the ball inside and focusing on production from painted area, transition defense. Suns have a deep and versatile backcourt. They will try to use their ability to execute at a high pace against a Jazz team that still struggles to find a rhythm because of the ongoing adaptation process of newcomers.

If the Jazz score 117 points I will **** somebody else's pants.

You do realize we are playing the Suns right, but yeah 117 is probably a stretch right now. I still think we get 106 and win by 8. Jefferson will come back with a solid game as will AK.