What's new

Supreme Court Justice Kennedy to Retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad and I were talking about the Ford Kavanaugh subject. He told me the FBI will be investigated whether this whole thing was set Uber by the Democratic Party. I couldn’t find anything on google to confirm this, was wondering if anyone else heard anything on this?

Just looking at the response to their votes. Some crazy people out there.

Also lmfao at Thriller. Get bent

They voted to confirm? Or not to confirm?

In regards to temperament, has he had any issue or complaints about it from 2006 til nomination? I think that would have more indication towards his temperament than how he acted after being accused of heading up a gang rape squad by multiple democrat senators.

Just my opinion.

I would agree with this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Zombie @Red when folks like Stoked claim I’m some hateful and unfair person who attacks people personally for no reason, just check back to this exchange. I quoted Stoked but was talking to @fishonjazz and @Stoked reacted in a completely irrational and aggressive way. Once again, his claim of others being hateful is merely projection. It’s funny how those who claim the most to be moderate and rational while accusing others of being hateful typically demonstrate through their actions to be the least rational and the most hateful.
Dude, you are dyed in the wool Democrat. You see everything in a R vs D lens. Politics and ideology is a team sport with you. You don't care who does what as long as the Ds are winning and the Rs are losing, but everything is foul when it's the other way around.

Get off the team and be a free agent, or at least exercise the mental effort to remove yourself from the fray. I've got news for you, you're not in politics. You're not getting invited to the victory parade if the Ds win the World Series of World Championships Finals against the Rs. Take a step back and stop treating this like team sports fandom.

Last edited:
Dude, you are dyed in the wool Democrat. You see everything in a R vs D lens. Politics and ideology is a team sport with you. You don't care who does what as long as the Ds are winning and the Rs are losing, but everything is foul when it's the other way around.

Get off the team and be a free agent, or at least exercise the mental effort to remove yourself from the fray. I've got news for you, you're not in politics. You're not getting invited to the victory parade if the Ds win the World Series of World Championships Finals against the Rs. Take a step back and stop treating this like team sports fandom.

This was sweet.

Obviously those on the left should aspire to holding their own side accountable, but what exactly is the problem with being a dyed in the wool Democrat?

So long as you believe they will represent the values and issues to your liking there isn't anything wrong with being a member of a political party. I don't think people who identify as independant are any more justified in their position than those who join a party.

Obviously those on the left should aspire to holding their own side accountable, but what exactly is the problem with being a dyed in the wool Democrat?

So long as you believe they will represent the values and issues to your liking there isn't anything wrong with being a member of a political party. I don't think people who identify as independant are any more justified in their position than those who join a party.

To me there is a very real difference between a liberal and a democrat. A conservative and a republican. There is nothin. Wrong with being liberal. But being a dyed in the wool Democrat, or a dyed in the wool R, is that it’s about party. Not beliefs.

To me the R and D parties are by far the greatest threat to our nation.

BP didn’t say there was. It was everything that followed that he said was problematic. It wasn’t even about thinking “your side” is on the right side — it was about the fact that it isn’t even about right or wrong, it’s about left and right. It’s the ultimate us vs. them, and the ultimate test of character is found parenthetically after one’s name.

I find it very very very hard to believe a political party could encapsulate any single person's values enough, even in a single moment, not to mention over any amount of time, enough that any reasonable person could possibly consider themself a "Democrat" or "Republican." Of course, unless doing so was politically advantageous because that person was actually getting material support from their party because they were involved in politics professionally.

I find it very very very hard to believe a political party could encapsulate any single person's values enough, even in a single moment, not to mention over any amount of time, enough that any reasonable person could possibly consider themself a "Democrat" or "Republican." Of course, unless doing so was politically advantageous because that person was actually getting material support from their party because they were involved in politics professionally.
That's a truly strange way to look at party membership. You could say the same thing about literally any organisation or group a person may choose to identity with. Of course it's impossible for a party made up of millions of people to perfectly capture the views of any single individual.

They do provide an organisational structure and a community within which individuals can pool their resources and otherwise work together to make their voices heard much more effectively than a person alone could.

I completely understand why total party loyalty is a bad thing, but this notion that having party identification at all is bad is just kind of childish imo.

That's a truly strange way to look at party membership. You could say the same thing about literally any organisation or group a person may choose to identity with. Of course it's impossible for a party made up of millions of people to perfectly capture the views of any single individual.

They do provide an organisational structure and a community within which individuals can pool their resources and otherwise work together to make their voices heard much more effectively than a person alone could.

I completely understand why total party loyalty is a bad thing, but this notion that having party identification at all is bad is just kind of childish imo.
When political parties shift, sometime more dramatically than others, and take their followers with them... well. What's childish?

When political parties shift, sometime more dramatically than others, and take their followers with them... well. What's childish?
And often times they shift and lose their followers along the way. I'm not sure what your point is here. Over time, due to demographic change or other factors an entire population's values may shift, this doesn't make them hapless sheep at the mercy of their political parties.

Look, if you don't think there's a party in the country that does a good enough job of representing your views, don't join one.

But to get all high and mighty over people who do think so, doesn't make you a better or smarter person.

To me there is a very real difference between a liberal and a democrat. A conservative and a republican. There is nothin. Wrong with being liberal. But being a dyed in the wool Democrat, or a dyed in the wool R, is that it’s about party. Not beliefs.

To me the R and D parties are by far the greatest threat to our nation.

I disagree

The Democrats had contol of all 3 houses early in Obama's Presidency. We weren't worried about our institutions even those of us that disagreed with them on many issues.

The Republicans have since then undermined democracy through intense gerrymandering, adopted bogus conspiracy theories as fact, erased any hint of decency and respect that may have existed, and through the Garland-Kavanaugh event destroyed trust in the most trusted of our branches of government.

The Republicans over the last decade have terrorized America and her institutions. This is what paves the way for fascists. I am more and more worried that Trump may be a mere side note in history. That the worst is still to come. The Republicans have set us on a most dangerous path.

I worry for my children. I worry that they will come of age in a militant fascist society. That guy, that demagogue is out there and our institutions may no longer be strong enough to stop him.

Angry tears

Reactions: Red
The last couple of pages are cracking me up. Thriller is the only person on Jazzfanz that I have on ignore so I am seeing a bunch of Stoked's posts where he is seemingly talking to himself. I have no idea what Thriller is saying but when Stoked tells Thriller to get bent I have to laugh. Stoked is usually pretty even keel so when he gets to that point I have to assume that Thriller is being his typical thrilling self. Quite entertaining. Keep it up.

I disagree

The Democrats had contol of all 3 houses early in Obama's Presidency. We weren't worried about our institutions even those of us that disagreed with them on many issues.

The Republicans have since then undermined democracy through intense gerrymandering, adopted bogus conspiracy theories as fact, erased any hint of decency and respect that may have existed, and through the Garland-Kavanaugh event destroyed trust in the most trusted of our branches of government.

The Republicans over the last decade have terrorized America and her institutions. This is what paves the way for fascists. I am more and more worried that Trump may be a mere side note in history. That the worst is still to come. The Republicans have set us on a most dangerous path.

I worry for my children. I worry that they will come of age in a militant fascist society. That guy, that demagogue is out there and our institutions may no longer be strong enough to stop him.

Angry tears

I’m glad you don’t like the Rs. Good.

And I find little value in the R v D discussion as far as worth. We both have our minds made up on that issue.

As for your worry for the future. On that we agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.