What's new

Surprise...surprise.....the Volt's a total communist piece of ****..

Why can't we just make normal cars that get good gas mileage> The Honda CRX used to get 45 mpg. 50 highway/41 city. And it wasn't a hideous car either. So why can't we just make cars like this again? Were they too light and therefore unsafe or something?

Why can't we just make normal cars that get good gas mileage> The Honda CRX used to get 45 mpg. 50 highway/41 city. And it wasn't a hideous car either. So why can't we just make cars like this again? Were they too light and therefore unsafe or something?

They can. Cheap oil during the 1990 put the kibosh on high mpg vehicles. We also want safety, so we've added plenty weight to the old 2000 lb tunafish cans. If politicians really wanted high mpg vehicles then they'd just enact a higher gas tax. That is guaranteed to get it done. That would be political suicide, and it doesn't give carmakers an edge against competition. So they build the gas tax into the price of cars through higher CAFE standards. These are usually met, then legislated. Sorry to bust your bubble if you think Obama raised the standard for the good of all. Na. The auto companies first meet the higher standard then push for a raise. Look into the heavy engine manufacturers. Political capital is king in that industry.

The Madame and I just bought one of these.

gal_lg10.jpg

The light display on the instrument panel changes colors depending on how efficiently you're driving. The Madame is mostly thrilled that like a video game the car awards each trip a "flower rating" to indicate how fuel-efficient she was.

The volt is obviously disappointing. I think they're a couple years away but wanted to push something out the door for 2011.

^^^

That is the CR-Z right? I have really been thinking about getting one for my wife to drive to SLC everyday. How do you like it?

^^^

That is the CR-Z right? I have really been thinking about getting one for my wife to drive to SLC everyday. How do you like it?

That is correct. The Madame loves it. It's the two seat roadster of her Nancy Drew dreams.

That is correct. The Madame loves it. It's the two seat roadster of her Nancy Drew dreams.

So does that mean you're Ned Nickerson to her Nancy Drew?

And just how does a "Flower Rating" work - does the daisy slowly lose petals as you drive less efficiently?

Or perhaps the rose blooms as you become more efficient? I'm very curious about this :)

Wait, an Investor's Business Daily editiorial didn't like something involved with the Obama Administration? Next you'll tell me Keith Olbermann isn't a fan of Fox News.

Wait, an Investor's Business Daily editiorial didn't like something involved with the Obama Administration? Next you'll tell me Keith Olbermann isn't a fan of Fox News.

Let's be clear here, the connection between the specifications of the Volt to the Obama administration are more than a bit tenuous.

So does that mean you're Ned Nickerson to her Nancy Drew?

Ned's a bit bland, but I wish I had a jaw like that.

And just how does a "Flower Rating" work - does the daisy slowly lose petals as you drive less efficiently?

Or perhaps the rose blooms as you become more efficient? I'm very curious about this :)

As one review states:

In the CR-Z, if you’ve driven particularly well and thought deep, renewable thoughts about the environment, the dashboard display will show an increasing number of fully grown plants and flowers. If you do even better the next time, a wreathe symbol is generated. If you’ve been a naughty boy or girl, the number of plants and flowers diminishes and a withering plant is displayed.

In the CR-Z, if you’ve driven particularly well and thought deep, renewable thoughts about the environment, the dashboard display will show an increasing number of fully grown plants and flowers. If you do even better the next time, a wreathe symbol is generated. If you’ve been a naughty boy or girl, the number of plants and flowers diminishes and a withering plant is displayed.

And you're actually proud that you purchased one of these things. And I thought Archie was gay.

you guys dont know what is the most sustainable energy in the world it seems....

its poop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if we could harness poop and use its methane with little effort, we could replace gasoline quicker than you take a poop.