What's new

"Surprised if Teague Doesn't End Up in Utah"

His theory:

Hawks really want to trade a PG
Probably dont want to pay Teague
No one else who wants Teague has assets like Utah
NYC has no assets outside of Porzingis, and they arent trading him

I don't think we spend assets on a Teague rental. I think the Jazz will try to get Schroder. If they can't they will pass.

I don't think we spend assets on a Teague rental. I think the Jazz will try to get Schroder. If they can't they will pass.

Yeah, but if Atlanta really wants to trade him and no one is putting up the assets, they might lower their price. It's only going to be less lucrative (in all likelihood) to trade him next year when he will just be a half a year, or 1 year rental.

A straight Burks for Teague swap might get it done.

*Though we would have to insist on Burke being in the trade too* I' rather have him as a backup PG than Neto, but having Burke as the 3rd string PG next year wouldn't be a good thing. Maybe we could get a 2nd round pick out of the Hawks for the inclusion of Burke.

If Teague's cheap I'm all for it, his contract is certainly a bargain thru next season. He's one of my personal favorite players in the league, and a true professional. Shoots 40% from 3, and most importantly he can revive playoff hopes for this season.

Hayward for Teague and Korver works in the trade machine. Look with Hood playing the same role as Gordon why not move him for two assets we need a shooter and a pg. Then we could also take off pressure for the return of Exum.

I don't think Teague's age or experience are working against him, as far as the Jazz's FO is concerned. Don't know if those were factors in your reasoning, however.

If it were Burks for Teague straight up you do it - no question. I would love to see Teague signed long-term. He seems to be a good guy like many of the Jazz players.

I can't see the Jazz trading Hood for Teague. His potential is too great and he's been pretty consistent (he's had some garbage shooting games but those are somewhat rare and expected for a second year player).

If it were Burks for Teague straight up you do it - no question. I would love to see Teague signed long-term. He seems to be a good guy like many of the Jazz players.

I can't see the Jazz trading Hood for Teague. His potential is too great and he's been pretty consistent (he's had some garbage shooting games but those are somewhat rare and expected for a second year player).

Why would you trade Burks who else on the Jazz does what he can do?

I would suspect, if talks have actually gone on, Atlanta is saying they want Hood for Teague and the Jazz aren't having it. They probably said something like "We got Burke and Burks on the table with our pick assets, call us back when you're ready to talk".

They should be trying to move Hayward. Hood is the future.

That's like saying trade Rudy Gobert because Trey Lyles is the future. Or like saying trade Michael Jordan because Scotia Pippin is the future.

Why can't we have both?

btw, nobody is on the same page with you about Hayward being a scrub. Why do you think he gets invites to USA basketball? How do you explain him actually being a good player? He can't be a scrub and a good player. When he's on the court he plays good. How do you explain that?

Why on earth would we try to trade for Schroeder while our need is for experience and leadership at the PG position ???? Gee potential always has fans in knots. The jazz is loaded with kids, another one isn't the right move.

Why on earth would we try to trade for Schroeder while our need is for experience and leadership at the PG position ???? Gee potential always has fans in knots. The jazz is loaded with kids, another one isn't the right move.

Because he's a young player with a lot more upside who can grow with the team for a long time to come.