What's new

Switching Phone Provider

Archie Moses

My contract for T-mobile ends in September. I'm thinking about changing to Sprint so I can get the HTC EVO. But I'm also considering AT&T and the Iphone 4G. I've done research on both phones, and I believe the EVO will meet most of my needs and wants from a phone. I'm just don't sure about Sprint as the service provider. Any help would be appreciated.

-Thanks

You are in Salt Lake City, right? Get the EVO, enjoy the 4G. Don't listen to the closed-minded apple fanboys who haven't even bothered to try other phones.

Sprint as a mobile company have made long strides in the last ten years or so. Can't go wrong, I'd say.

How is Sprint as a provider though?
Sprint's customer service sucks. Their phone service is superb though. You just can't argue with results like this:

speedtest4g.png

Totally unlimited data (unlike the iPhone, which charges extra for going over a set limit) and video calls work over the phone's data too (unlike the iPhone which is wifi only). Oh yeah, and I can hold my phone anyway I want without it dropping a call.

sprint's customer service sucks. Their phone service is superb though. You just can't argue with results like this:

speedtest4g.png

totally unlimited data (unlike the iphone, which charges extra for going over a set limit) and video calls work over the phone's data too (unlike the iphone which is wifi only). Oh yeah, and i can hold my phone anyway i want without it dropping a call.

shoped

Salty, what are some cool apps you suggest I get?

Appbrain for starters...

Then swype (not in the market, I'll post it for you when I get home).

Some good ones are:
dropbox, notes, movies, speedtest.net, wikidroid, imdb, goggles, yelp, sportstap, dolphin hd, and astro.

Nope, it's legit. I've had faster than that too.

EDIT:
Here is the result, generated and hosted by speedtest.net, no way to photoshop it

10022071.png

That's on your 4G connection? Holy ****! I have to choose between the EVO or the Epic

Also, Archie- please read the "Roller Derby" thread, as I insulted you in it.

That's on your 4G connection? Holy ****! I have to choose between the EVO or the Epic

I'm thinking about buying an Epic, but I'm a hardware keyboard (horizontal slider) guy.

My take is that the bulk it adds, doesn't outweigh its benefits. Also, the Epic has a slideout keyboard.

https://now.sprint.com/epic4g/?ECID=vanity:epic4g

Then click: "See all phone features"

Yeah I know the Epic has a keyboard, lol. I was saying that I (someone that has owned an Evo since launch day) am thinking about buying an Epic. But you might want to take that with a grain of salt because I am a keyboard guy.

Its funny, as I watched the video I thought "Someone is going to comment on how beefy some of these chicks are and completely miss the point". Way to be that guy.

I'm with Gameface, I thought a few of them were attractive. Looks like it would be a good time.

Wait, that was your "insult" you bragged about, prodigal chump? Please, child, please. Dude, inform me when you insult me with something on the Rasps level.