What's new

Talked to David James today about Dante Exum.

Twin Towers

Talked to David James today.

Twice a month we deliver food and pass it out at a church/local food bank.
2nd time I have talked to David James while I was there.
I asked him what he thought about Dante Exum last night.

Paraphrasing

"He is super fast, but teams are going to be scouting him so he has to be able to shoot that outside shot. He has an amazing ability to pass on the move though."

I agree. Most guys have to slow down a bit to pass. He seems to be able to run at full speed while making the correct pass. Which is very exciting.

Short conversation while passing, but he seemed excited but also he seemed to understand that if he can't shoot they will sag off of him. So optimistic but cautious still.

No offense but who is David James? I think that it is pretty obvious to most basketball fans who have seen Dante that he needs to make outside shots consistently. When he does then he is going to be tough to guard i.e. Tony Parker.

No offense but who is David James? I think that it is pretty obvious to most basketball fans who have seen Dante that he needs to make outside shots consistently. When he does then he is going to be tough to guard i.e. Tony Parker.
David james is a well known local sports tv and radio personality.

I'm confident with Exum! I'm just a bit worried about his ball-handling skills, more than his outside shot.

Talked to David James today.

Paraphrasing

"He is super fast, but teams are going to be scouting him so he has to be able to shoot that outside shot. He has an amazing ability to pass on the move though."

I agree. Most guys have to slow down a bit to pass. He seems to be able to run at full speed while making the correct pass. Which is very exciting.

Short conversation while passing, but he seemed excited but also he seemed to understand that if he can't shoot they will sag off of him. So optimistic but cautious still.

Brilliant analysis by James. I think my 9-yr old probably would have said the same. Well, she probably would have also mentioned Exum's cool accent too. Maybe asked if people can have pet kangaroos in Australia.

I appreciate the post, but if David James posted here he'd be just another opinion lost in the mix. He's not an expert on anything and just reads the ESPN headlines. Not a single ounce of inside info or valuable insight over the average Joe.

I'd take a conversation with LeBron James at a Best Buy more seriously than I'd take a conversation with David James at a church bro.

Surprise, jazzfanz haters hating...didnt see that coming
What does he know? Im smarter than him..the normal. cool stuff

Surprise, the hater and troller of jazzfanz hating...didnt see that coming
What do we know? He's smarter than all of us..the normal. cool stuff

I like dj

Pk sux

I appreciate the post, but if David James posted here he'd be just another opinion lost in the mix. He's not an expert on anything and just reads the ESPN headlines. Not a single ounce of inside info or valuable insight over the average Joe.

Bingo. I agree with everything, but he probably knows less about sports and the Jazz in general than most people on this site. IOW, he's probably a little worse than the average Joe.

DJ is solid IMO so I may be the only one but interesting to know what he is thinking. Personally I think his shooting or lack thereof could be a very big deal. Maybe that makes me just like another 9 year old.

There are a lot of angry folks in this thread. Anyone know why?

This electronic post has been constructed, arranged and transmitted via an Apple branded communication device using the Tapatalk application.

DJ is solid IMO so I may be the only one but interesting to know what he is thinking. Personally I think his shooting or lack thereof could be a very big deal. Maybe that makes me just like another 9 year old.
My comment was likely misunderstood. What I meant is that David James was just saying what is completely obvious to even the most casual fan or anyone who has read any draft analysis or listened to anyone talk about Exum.