What's new

Tax Halp!!!

Also, google free fillable forms. The IRS directs you to free tax places if you are under the income threshold, but also has a self serve program for those over or who want to do their own. I've used the latter the past two years and have been satisfied. They have a do the math button for each form, and the necessary numbers have carried from form to form correctly. Cuts down on transcribing errors. In this case, you would use the add button on the 1040 to add a Schedule 1, add on that form to get 8889, then the numbers would be added from Form 8889 to S1 to 1040 for you.
I have had a lot of of luck with TaxAct. I tried TurboTax and others but TaxAct seems to cover the bases of helpful and ease of use, even when my wife had 3 weird income streams with different uses of a home office (state licensed child care, and 2 contractor-type jobs).

I'm annoyed by this. You should demand a refund from that accountant.
Me wife and I have floated that idea. I'm not typically very confrontational about things like that though. I tend to just usually say **** it and move on.

I'm still considering going back there and asking for a refund though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app