What's new

Team USA Scrimmage (Sat., 8PM MST)

I'm watching it right now and it's already pissing me off. It's halfway through the first quarter and the commentators are complete idiots. They were talking about Kevin Love and mentioned how AL was traded to the nuggets. They can't even tell who's on the floor or who made a basket. Rudy Gay drops a three pointer and the idiots say andre. COMPETENT COMMENTATORS PLEASE

EDIT: but I did enjoy Kevin's dunk early on. :)

The game was unwatchable and the announcers really were that bad. I only watched the first half. We are going to get destroyed in the World Championships.

Don't be too hasty. Remember that the dream team lost to a bunch of college players in one of these scrimmages in 1992.

I don't feel comfortable with having OJ Mayo, Rudy Gay, Eric Gordon, and Iguodala lead us to victory against the same Spain team (minus Pau Gasol) that almost beat our big boys in the Olympics.

I'm with Honz on this one. The game was just terrible to watch. We might as well just send the whole OKC team to play. If we can't send players better than Eric Gordan, Jeff Green, and others we're doomed.

Who cares about the Worlds? Some of the main guys will play in the Olympics. You think Colangelo is really going to keep Deron off the team? Williams asked out because of his wrist injury. And Lebron, Wade, etc. were excused because of their FA status. This is a chance for some of the younger guys to get experience. You'll take the best 6 players from this team and then invite back 6 of the other stars who opted out this season (and had semi-valid excuses) for the London games.

Most of the world sees the World Championships as a bigger tournament than the Olympics.

Every just needs to settle down.

This team is going to press and play with a lineup of

Rose/Rondo
Westbrook/Billups
Iguodala/Gay
Durant/Love
Chandler/Lopez

Whatever else Rose, Rondo, Westbrook and Igoudala can or can't do they can play pressure full court D.

I'm with Honz on this one. The game was just terrible to watch. We might as well just send the whole OKC team to play. If we can't send players better than Eric Gordan, Jeff Green, and others we're doomed.

You know Jeff Green plays for OKC, right?

Since there was already 3 OKC players on the team, that's why I stated that. I named those players because they are poor choices to even be selected to play.