What's new

Tell me more about how this isn’t happening?

If we want to retain Mitchell long term, build around him. If Gobert is relegated once again to a bystander role this postseason, trade him this summer. If we keep Gobert and supermax him, you could likely count the months before Mitchell rumors escalate quickly. I don't think he wants to leave, but contending is going to be that much more impossible if Rudy is making $40 a year.

I think Donovan and Rudy make things work, but underneath it all, I think they both want to be "the man" here in Utah. I have more faith in Donovan taking us where we need to go than Rudy. And I like them both, but just the way I see it.
I agree the Jazz should in no way super-max Rudy. However, with Donovan where he wants to go it’s not about winning if it’s the Knicks. It’s about the Garden and lights. Because once he does put his career in the hands of James Dolan. It will go just as well as when Melo did it. Someone will max Rudy in the summer of 2021 though. Don’t know if we can even retain him at the max. But yes, I think if the Jazz feel like they need to super max Rudy to keep him or that he’s impeding Donovan having full hold on the franchise or team, yeah you probably have to trade him and hopefully use those assets to get someone decent.

The absolute only thing that will keep him out of a Knicks uniform is James Dolan. If James Dolan sells the team he’s going there. He may even still.

Who is going to buy the Knicks? The franchise as ***** as they are is probably worth 4 to 6 billion dollars, not many people have that sort of coin laying around.

I agree the Jazz should in no way super-max Rudy. However, with Donovan where he wants to go it’s not about winning if it’s the Knicks. It’s about the Garden and lights. Because once he does put his career in the hands of James Dolan. It will go just as well as when Melo did it. Someone will max Rudy in the summer of 2021 though. Don’t know if we can even retain him at the max. But yes, I think if the Jazz feel like they need to super max Rudy to keep him or that he’s impeding Donovan having full hold on the franchise or team, yeah you probably have to trade him and hopefully use those assets to get someone decent.

Red hot unspooled ********

For the millionth time, if Donovan leaves for Dolan, then that’s like having someone that you really like, think is really cute and really cool, and then they go and sleep with Wilford Brimley. As evidenced by them bagging Brimley, they probably never were all those things you thought they were to begin with. If Donovan wants some Dolan, he certainly ain’t our dude.

For the millionth time, if Donovan leaves for Dolan, then that’s like having someone that you really like, think is really cute and really cool, and then they go and sleep with Wilford Brimley. As evidenced by them bagging Brimley, they probably never were all those things you thought they were to begin with. If Donovan wants some Dolan, he certainly ain’t our dude.

Whats wrong with Wilford Brimley? Handsome looking dude who supports **** fighting. Sounds like a top bloke.

Which is kinda my entire point throughout this thread no?
Red hot unspooled ********

Who is going to buy the Knicks? The franchise as ***** as they are is probably worth 4 to 6 billion dollars, not many people have that sort of coin laying around.
You’re right. They’ve sucked for 20 years and are still valued at $4.6 billion. They are worth more than the Lakers. Those with the money would buy, because the return on investment would be huge if they could turn it around. This is not a small market franchise. Someone would buy them. As I said, hope the dude never sells. Not just in regards to Donovan but overall. The Knicks would be the Lakers of the East if not for the incompetent bum of an owner. However part of me feels like Dolan very much likes it with the drama and such. I don’t think he will willingly sell but at some point the NBA and pressure of bullying him to do so may force his hand.

If Donovan chooses to leave, its because he sees no chance to win here. I don't think he leaves only for the attention New York provides. His leaving would have to be for a number of factors.

So in the short term, we gotta shed Conley's deal in order to use his money and minutes more wisely. As for Gobert, it all depends on how this season ends. If we get bounced in the first round, I think we gotta cash in on Rudy's value this summer. We simply can't supermax him and we can't afford to watch him walk for nothing.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Have to add them. Really what we doing just sitting around watching Knick highlights or....

8B8669BB-CD73-449F-AE74-4195363DAA3B.jpeg 225C2917-404E-436C-B10E-E9374DDB6B57.jpeg