What's new

Terrence Jones heading to China

The big man market has been so incredibly dry this year. I'm fascinated at what offers Derrick Favors can get.

The big man market has been so incredibly dry this year. I'm fascinated at what offers Derrick Favors can get.

Only nine teams are expected to have cap room. Over the last six years, the fewest we've seen has been 12 teams. I don't see a lot of guys moving around. A lot of 1-2 year deals maybe.

Only nine teams are expected to have cap room. Over the last six years, the fewest we've seen has been 12 teams. I don't see a lot of guys moving around. A lot of 1-2 year deals maybe.

Out of the teams who have cap-room and a need for a big man I think these are the teams who might want Favors next year:

1. Brooklyn
2. Chicago
3. Phoenix
4. Dallas
5. Atlanta

Another possibility would be a learning disability, where the player can't internalize the playbook within a reasonable amount of time(-> Adreian Payne)

Out of the teams who have cap-room and a need for a big man I think these are the teams who might want Favors next year:

1. Brooklyn
2. Chicago
3. Phoenix
4. Dallas
5. Atlanta

1. Brooklyn - favors mozgov pairing would not be pretty. Depends if Favors can exstend his range but if he does why wouldn't the Jazz just re-sign him they can offer the most.

2. Chicago - Unless Favors stops whining about playing center this is not a good fit sense Portis and Markkanen are their future and they said they would match any offer for Mirotic. I actually think a SnT would be a good option during the season here for the Jazz or even now if you could get miritoc to sign a 3 year deal.

3. Phoenix - Again the center whining comes into play here too as Kriss and Bender seem to be their PF of the future but would be a nice pairing if Favors would play center. I seem to remember a lot of rumor of them being interested in dfavs

4. Dallas - Good destination considering they have no bigs on the roster for next year

5. Atlanta - This seems like again a good destination for him but the question is what can Collins do. he tore up the summer league and Collins and Favs seems to have similar offensive games

Chicago has Bobby Portis who is young still. Favors is a player creeping towards 30 who has not improved game like he was supposed too. Favors ends up staying in Utah or goes home to Atlanta. He just has not progressed like he was supposed to

Solid post from you!!!

QUOTE=Crocodile Dante;1467349]1. Brooklyn - favors mozgov pairing would not be pretty. Depends if Favors can exstend his range but if he does why wouldn't the Jazz just re-sign him they can offer the most.

2. Chicago - Unless Favors stops whining about playing center this is not a good fit sense Portis and Markkanen are their future and they said they would match any offer for Mirotic. I actually think a SnT would be a good option during the season here for the Jazz or even now if you could get miritoc to sign a 3 year deal.

3. Phoenix - Again the center whining comes into play here too as Kriss and Bender seem to be their PF of the future but would be a nice pairing if Favors would play center. I seem to remember a lot of rumor of them being interested in dfavs

4. Dallas - Good destination considering they have no bigs on the roster for next year

5. Atlanta - This seems like again a good destination for him but the question is what can Collins do. he tore up the summer league and Collins and Favs seems to have similar offensive games[/QUOTE]

1. Brooklyn - favors mozgov pairing would not be pretty. Depends if Favors can exstend his range but if he does why wouldn't the Jazz just re-sign him they can offer the most.

5. Atlanta - This seems like again a good destination for him but the question is what can Collins do. he tore up the summer league and Collins and Favs seems to have similar offensive games

Derrick Favors whines? He might not prefer playing center, but the dude isn't a whiner. Have some respect.