What's new

Thabo Guaranteed for 2018-2019 Season

O’Neale is a fantastic wing defender already. “Significantly” May be a stretch.

History may not be but the Jazz coaching staff is.

Maybe. I could argue that Thabo's 1 more steal per game leads to easy fast break buckets and that's about the only statistical difference. But Thabo still 113/101 vs Royce's 105/104. +12 is pretty good; +1 isn't.

Royce will get better.

No you won’t. He’s an expiring contract, good locker room presence and a great vet teacher for Mitchell, Allen, O’Neale and Exum in the final year for such things.

Being upset over this is simply petty sour grapes.

Sour grapes make wine. Wine is an aphrodisiac. I think you are hitting on me. Also you are slurrying your words and not making sense.

To get to the finals a team will have to beat at least two of: Curry/Durant, Lebron, Mitchell/Gobert, Towns/Butler, Westbrook/George, Harden/CP3

Then you have Lillard/McCollum and the brow with drew holiday and possibly cousins.

Thabo is insurance for if/when Favors leaves. I think we sent the delegation to Atlanta to beg Favors to come back. Based off the feel of the meeting, we decided to bring back Thabo as insurance just in case Favors does leave.

Just my opinion based on the tea leaves.

Thabo is insurance for if/when Favors leaves. I think we sent the delegation to Atlanta to beg Favors to come back. Based off the feel of the meeting, we decided to bring back Thabo as insurance just in case Favors does leave.

Just my opinion based on the tea leaves.

Yay, you didn't jump :D. Feeling more optimistic today?

Yay, you didn't jump :D. Feeling more optimistic today?

Lol. I've never been more excited about a young group of wings than Donovan Mitchell, Grayson Allen and Royce O'Neale. And those guys go with the best center we've ever had, the lil Italian, and the Australian smart-arse.

I love our team. I'm just ready for that next step. If we keep Thabo AND Favors, I trust the FO. But I will moan if Favors gets overpaid...:mad:

Lol. I've never been more excited about a young group of wings than Donovan Mitchell, Grayson Allen and Royce O'Neale. And those guys go with the best center we've ever had, the lil Italian, and the Australian smart-arse.

I love our team. I'm just ready for that next step. If we keep Thabo AND Favors, I trust the FO. But I will moan if Favors gets overpaid...:mad:
??

If he’s healthy, he’s one of the top wing stoppers in the league. He’s part of how the Jazz want to try to matchup against the Lakers, Thunder, Warriors and Rockets. Put him on their best guy and let him try to slow them down.

If that doesn’t work out, then it was an $11 million investment in building the defensive culture and work ethic of the team.

Donovan has already bought in. More will follow.

Last edited: