What's new

Thank You Jazz

the NBA is an Entertainment Product. I don’t get tribally connected to and supportive of any other Entertainment Product... so why this one?

It could be worse. You could have been invested in STAR WARS films. Imagine how bad STAR WARS fans felt after seeing those horrendous prequels and sequels.

Those fans have Jar Jar:

1624116473810.png

Jazz fans have this guy:

1624116567403.png

**** all this noise.

We legit just pissed away our best shot at a title since 1998.

Our 5-year 205M Center gave us a whopping 12/10 in 42 mins. 5 fouls 0 blocks. His primary defender was 12-15 against him and that’s not including the times where Reggie Jackson attacked him and finished at the rim over him.

Then I come on JazzFanz and idiots have the audacity to blame Donovan when he gives us 39/9/9 one one leg. He legit was one rebound away from Rudy’s total.

We have hit our ceiling. We have tried to build around Rudy twice now and both times have ended in second-round exits. It is time to move on and again this was the best shot we’ve had at a title in 23 years but we couldn’t get that done because of our liability of a Center who doesn’t show up in big games and is eating 1/3 of our cap.

Instead of throwing darts at 3 and D guys like Bane and McDaniels in the craft DL decides to get owned by the Knicks on draft day then draft a backup Center who wasn’t going to sniff the floor. He was sloppy around the edges which left us in the tax when we could have avoided it. Instead of going after a wing defender he traded a 2nd for Matt Thomas.

Fans like you are the reason why the Miller’s were content with being a good team and not a great team. This **** won’t fly with Smith and Wade. Change is coming and you better brace for it. It is for the better and it has been a long time coming.

JazzFanz is in for a rude awakening. There are some of the most delusional fans I’ve ever seen on here. That goes for any franchise but I have had to endure **** *** takes of Rudy is our best player and top-10 player in league all ****ing year to have Donovan continually show up on the biggest stage and our season ended with Rudy getting exposed. This **** is depressing.

There is hope for the future because of the mere fact that we have Donovan Mitchell. He is the one player who can lead us to a championship.

After the game yesterday I had to take a rubber mallet and hammer a nut flat just to refocus my heartbreak.
I just grabbed the dog and told my wife I’d be back someday... we started walking... I wandered through the night... I’m currently somewhere in between Sacramento and San Fran not stopping until I hit the ocean.

In the biggest half of basketball of their careers, one year removed from blowing a 3-1 lead, they got complacent with a 25 point lead and lost the half 81-47 to a Clippers team without its best player.

This was not a "Trying your best and coming up short" type of loss.
I’d like to also lift some additional evidence into the air right now....

Remember last year when there was a noticeable drop off in effort and attention right after the ****ing All Stars were selected?

This team has some mental problems.

I'm down for a "Thank you Donovan Mitchell" thread.

That dude has had two absolutely legendary performances in the past two playoffs. Elite even by superstar standards.

And he won't get the spotlight he deserves because he's on a roster full of guys who can't stay locked in when they're up big and who wilt when things get hard.

I don't say "we" very much when referring to the Jazz but from here on out i'm going to completely eliminate it. Unless they call me down from the stands like Whoopi I think its best to keep some separation for my own sanity. I will say that I am thankful for the Jazz franchise because lets face it there isn't much else going on here besides the mountains and churches. I have a medical card so maybe for my next renewal I'll put down Jazz fan as part of my list of conditions.

It’s like if you had a girl that was bad for you... but you couldn’t quit her... then she gets caught cheating on you with 4 of your friends... it’s the sign. If you stay with her now it is your own damn fault.

And yes I am talking about my experience with @Hearsky ‘s mom... we are ****ing done.
You do you. I ain't quitting your mom. Ever!

What's frustrating is that the teams that are left are largely teams that load-managed or have dynamic young cores. We would have been smarter to load-manage with the rest, as in rest Conley for 5 games at a time or leave him out entirely for 20 games as soon as the hammy even showed a whisper of a problem, bringing him back for the last 5 games to get into the swing of things. Then at least he should have had a much better chance to be fully healthy during the playoffs.

Turns out our decision to chase the #1 seed was at least a solid piece of our downfall.

I don't say "we" very much when referring to the Jazz but from here on out i'm going to completely eliminate it. Unless they call me down from the stands like Whoopi I think its best to keep some separation for my own sanity. I will say that I am thankful for the Jazz franchise because lets face it there isn't much else going on here besides the mountains and churches. I have a medical card so maybe for my next renewal I'll put down Jazz fan as part of my list of conditions.
It’s funny. I’m out in Sacramento so I’m the lone Jazz fan many people know... I’ve been getting well wishes like someone died... I think the bishop gonna send dinners to our house for a few weeks.

It’s funny. I’m out in Sacramento so I’m the lone Jazz fan many people know... I’ve been getting well wishes like someone died... I think the bishop gonna send dinners to our house for a few weeks.
Serious question: How did you become a Jazz fan? Have you lived in Utah?

I loved this season. I loved seeing Jingles be so efficient. I loved seeing the Gobert and Conley pick and roll. I loved seeing Mitchell become a superstar. I loved seeing Clarkson win 6th Mann of the year. I loved seeing Royce be a utility man. I loved seeing Naing become a minivan. The Jazz played above their skill level.

I don’t watch the Jazz if they only win a champion ship because only one team can do that. I watch them to have fun and have a good distraction. Would things have been better without injuries, maybe. Do we need to figure out how to adjust to a team that plays 5 out and shoot lights out yes. Does Rudy need to learn to punish small ball around the rim, yes. Do we need more talent yes. But it was still an awesome season and a welcome distraction. Hope you all have a. Good summer and see you next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved this season. I loved seeing Jingles be so efficient. I loved seeing the Gobert and Conley pick and roll. I loved seeing Mitchell become a superstar. I loved seeing Clarkson win 6th Mann of the year. I loved seeing Royce be a utility man. I loved seeing Naing become a minivan. The Jazz played above their skill level.

I don’t watch the Jazz if they only win a champion ship because only one team can do that. I watch them to have fun and have a good distraction. Would things have been better without injuries, maybe. Do we need to figure out how to adjust to a team that plays 5 out and shoot lights out yes. Does Rudy need to learn to punish small ball around the rim, yes. Do we need more talent yes. But it was still an awesome season and a welcome distraction. Hope you all have a. Good summer and see you next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. I had a lot of fun as well.

Wasn't judging. Just asking. My story, too. Seattle.
I didn’t think you were homie. That’s cool... it’s fun being a fan outside of market. Love attending games in Sacramento and SF.