What's new

Thank You, Jazzfanz

Greasy84

This has probably been the longest afternoon of my life, and ... well definitely one of the least productive afternoons of my life. But I think I'm so much more important than I really am. And I have this whole other side of me that I've kept hidden from all of you. So many feelings that I have to put out there ... you know, now that I'm leaving and none of you care anymore!

As you can see, there are a lot of words here. Yes, it took me a long time to write them all. But nothing is more important than me writing this, so just put the rest of your lives on hold!

This was a really trivial decision that is easily reversable. And I took it very lightly.

After a bunch of years on Jazzfanz, I have decided to join Realgm.

I know this will be tough to read for Jazzfanz fans - and I really want you all to know that I mean the world to you and your families. I know this isn't easy on you, so I'm going to just be straight up about my reasons.

First, though, if it's ok, I want to regale you with thoughts of my inflated sense of self-worth. If you don't mind I'm just going to really bask in the brilliant rays of my shameless self-aggrandizement. Because there's only one way to describe me. I mean everything to this board.

moss.jpg
Look, there's me showered in streams of light like an angel or something.

When I wrote my first post, back in some year - I know it's a cliché', but man, it's the truth: I was just some guy of some age. I agonized over the wording with my dad all night, and used the computer at the library to save money. And I was so nervous about all the other posters. I remember my first real routine - looking for ways to include 'Best Buy' or 'balance' in every post to get a laugh. Using bad grammar in my alt accounts so that others would think I was from another country. Fooled you! Or intentionally misspelling the names of players and GM's to sound disrespectful ... like you're so bad I didn't bother learning to spell your name! Who can forget pillow forts!?

And then I just think about how far I've come. I've truly grown older during this time. I've become an older person. Gone from being younger than I am now ... to now. Having a wife and kids ... still like I did before. But they're older now than they were then. I've gone from having anxiety over losing my job to having slightly less anxiety. I've spent a lot of time here, and I honestly can't think of a part of me that hasn't truly benefited from the rest of you. It's a special board, and the impression I made on it will not outlast the impression it made on you.

maxresdefault.jpg
Here I am with my adoring teammates.

If I could remember the names of all the little people that have benefited me in some way, I'd mention them here.

Needless to say, I'd rather surround myself with the most obnoxious people on the planet than you.

Sincerely,

Greasy84

I can admit it. I shed a tear. Farewell sweet prince. Farewell.

This has probably been the longest afternoon of my life, and ... well definitely one of the least productive afternoons of my life. But I think I'm so much more important than I really am. And I have this whole other side of me that I've kept hidden from all of you. So many feelings that I have to put out there ... you know, now that I'm leaving and none of you care anymore!

As you can see, there are a lot of words here. Yes, it took me a long time to write them all. But nothing is more important than me writing this, so just put the rest of your lives on hold!

This was a really trivial decision that is easily reversable. And I took it very lightly.

After a bunch of years on Jazzfanz, I have decided to join Realgm.

I know this will be tough to read for Jazzfanz fans - and I really want you all to know that I mean the world to you and your families. I know this isn't easy on you, so I'm going to just be straight up about my reasons.

First, though, if it's ok, I want to regale you with thoughts of my inflated sense of self-worth. If you don't mind I'm just going to really bask in the brilliant rays of my shameless self-aggrandizement. Because there's only one way to describe me. I mean everything to this board.

View attachment 5307
Look, there's me showered in streams of light like an angel or something.

When I wrote my first post, back in some year - I know it's a cliché', but man, it's the truth: I was just some guy of some age. I agonized over the wording with my dad all night, and used the computer at the library to save money. And I was so nervous about all the other posters. I remember my first real routine - looking for ways to include 'Best Buy' or 'balance' in every post to get a laugh. Using bad grammar in my alt accounts so that others would think I was from another country. Fooled you! Or intentionally misspelling the names of players and GM's to sound disrespectful ... like you're so bad I didn't bother learning to spell your name! Who can forget pillow forts!?

And then I just think about how far I've come. I've truly grown older during this time. I've become an older person. Gone from being younger than I am now ... to now. Having a wife and kids ... still like I did before. But they're older now than they were then. I've gone from having anxiety over losing my job to having slightly less anxiety. I've spent a lot of time here, and I honestly can't think of a part of me that hasn't truly benefited from the rest of you. It's a special board, and the impression I made on it will not outlast the impression it made on you.

View attachment 5308
Here I am with my adoring teammates.

If I could remember the names of all the little people that have benefited me in some way, I'd mention them here.

Needless to say, I'd rather surround myself with the most obnoxious people on the planet than you.

Sincerely,

Greasy84
Hey Heywood, this was a lot better effort than the goodbye blog post that you spent seven years writing and finally posted on the 4th of July. That one sent my respect for you into the toilet.

**** man. You could have let me know a few days ago so I could have tried to add another poster from prosportsdaily, but all the posters looking to leave have joined other boards.

Well, you have been a good poster, but now I hate you.

Who is [MENTION=2840]dytide[/MENTION]? And why is it such a hater?