What's new

Thanks David.

The only person I'd put ahead of Stockton would be the 2009 2nd round draft pick of Goran Sutton, but he never got a contract

I guess there is some relativity at play here for me. In those dark years the team sucked, so I was marginally excited about anyone because there was so much room for marginal players to potentially become more.

Now it's like the whole team stacked so adding a guy like Stockton is just complete meh because I know he has no chance.

Grant Jerrett. Marcus Cousin. Othyus Jeffers. Although Blake Ahearn was my first thought, closely followed by Pleiss.
People were hyped on Pleiss, so that's a lot of revisionist history.

Jeffers and Jerrett had some NBA potential with their size.

Even Ahearn, while white/balding/goofy looking, had shooting ability and actual NBA PG size.

Stockton was comically small with no standout skill.

Dont remember Marcus Cousin in the slightest, so I have to concede that one.

People were hyped on Pleiss, so that's a lot of revisionist history.
Some were. I know I wasn’t. He’s a guy putting up very unimpressive numbers across the board in Europe and can’t get off the bench behind Tomic. I felt people were trying to rationalize the heap of trash we got for Kanter.

Some were. I know I wasn’t. He’s a guy putting up very unimpressive numbers across the board in Europe and can’t get off the bench behind Tomic. I felt people were trying to rationalize the heap of trash we got for Kanter.
Regardless of how you felt, there were a lot of people who thought he had legit shot of being a rotation player before he stepped foot on the court. The guy had legit size and was a proven player overseas.

Everyone knew Stockton would never make the team this upcoming year.

You have to have the heart of a comic book villain if you didn't feel all tingly inside when David Stockton hit a three at Vivint at the end of that Clippers game. Or someone who isn't old enough to remember any Jazz games between '84 and '03.
Or you are someone who doesnt enjoy nepotism. Just cuz he was half made out of John Stockton's semen doesnt make me care about him playing basketball.