What's new

Thanks for a good season, excited about the future

Scorpjazz

I know it isnt cool around here to be positive about anything, because then you are a "blind homer".
However, I had fun watching the Jazz this year, they did better than I thought they would and I see TON of hope moving forward. We have a bunch of players that are in first or second seasons that show lots of potential and the ability to reach that potential.
To be so bitter about getting smoked by the Spurs is sorta silly. The Spurs are so much better than the Jazz it really isnt close. You can make all the crap complaints you want with your elitist NBA knowledge about how Al or Corbin lost it for us, but that is what it is, CRAP. The Jazz gained alot, IMO, from this run at the end and yes, this sweep. Young players acknowledged as much in their thoughts afterwards.
Anyway, as stated, Im excited about the next year and moving forward and I dont place a "THEY BETTER DO THIS OR THEY FAIL CUZ IM SOO SMART" tag on that feeling. Good job Jazz and let's see what a real offseason can do.

I am glad you decided to share your random thoughts with us. A less important person could have posted this under one of the many relevant threads, but not you.

Thank you.

I am glad you decided to share your random thoughts with us. A less important person could have posted this under one of the many relevant threads, but not you.

Thank you.

Will rep when possible.

Thank you.

What relevant threads would the original post not be off topic in?

Thank you.

That is Scorps signature move. He goes against the grain and tries to look and mindless as possible. He is more important than the rest of us and he will always continue to prove that.

Thanks Scorp, keep up the good work.

Signed- An Al Jefferson hater.

What relevant threads would the original post not be off topic in?

Are you serious? He's saying that he's excited for the future and sad the Jazz lost. You really don't see how this fits elsewhere. Really? REALLY?

After going through the apathy that was last season, this season was great. It hurts how it ended, but the ride was fun.

Can't wait for next year already. It's gonna seem like forever waiting, but they need a good summer league and camp. It's been a fun season!

Damn, I didn't know Burks isn't 21 'til July either. Next year is a huge year for him imo. Hell, for all our young guys I guess.

I know it isnt cool around here to be positive about anything, because then you are a "blind homer".
However, I had fun watching the Jazz this year, they did better than I thought they would and I see TON of hope moving forward. We have a bunch of players that are in first or second seasons that show lots of potential and the ability to reach that potential.
To be so bitter about getting smoked by the Spurs is sorta silly. The Spurs are so much better than the Jazz it really isnt close. You can make all the crap complaints you want with your elitist NBA knowledge about how Al or Corbin lost it for us, but that is what it is, CRAP. The Jazz gained alot, IMO, from this run at the end and yes, this sweep. Young players acknowledged as much in their thoughts afterwards.
Anyway, as stated, Im excited about the next year and moving forward and I dont place a "THEY BETTER DO THIS OR THEY FAIL CUZ IM SOO SMART" tag on that feeling. Good job Jazz and let's see what a real offseason can do.

Disregard the board bitch. Thanks for the thoughts.

Disregard the board bitch. Thanks for the thoughts.

You instigate a fight, I own you readily, you throw some sad attempt at a come back, once that fails, you neg rep me. Such a strange man.

Seconded.

Seconded.
thirded.

I too enjoyed the season. Lots of imperfections, but Jazz made a good step this year: playoffs. Then 4-5 next year. Then 1-2 seed after that. Then championship. I"m always wearing the colors and drinking the Jazz kool-aid.

The Spurs are so much better than the Jazz it really isnt close.

This used to be true, but I think by the 3rd game, we were finally on their level. Once we played the 4th game, I think the Jazz surpassed them, and are now actually a better team than the spurs.

thirded.

I too enjoyed the season. Lots of imperfections, but Jazz made a good step this year: playoffs. Then 4-5 next year. Then 1-2 seed after that. Then championship. I"m always wearing the colors and drinking the Jazz kool-aid.

4thed this was a much better "rebuild" season than most of expected to have. The young players are very exciting to watch and all of them improved IMO, I see nothing but uphill for a few years and hopefully more. A lot of people thought Favors was a bust early in the year but I think we all see that he is a solid player minimum, probably more.

I had fun this season. Does not mean I'll stop complaining about things I think they are doing wrong though.

I have high hopes for the future and it was a great start by listening to Bell bitch his way out of town (hopefully).

I love the young players on this team. I hope Corbin will get better and grow a set. I love the potential and am excited for this off season to see the moves they make.

Good post Scorp... Although I really had no enjoyment watching the Jazz get beaten to a pulp by the Spurs, it was more exciting watching the Jazz fight tooth & nail at the end of the season to get into the playoffs. That was much more entertaining to watch than the actual playoffs itself.