What's new

The “I’m a Mike Conley hating bitch” list

Once Conley finds his spot, the Jazz will have lost theirs.

He better make up for it in the playoffs cause we're on the way to losing our preferred seeding in the process.
Lol he single handedly lost us the game?

Did he allow a scrub to put up 50?
Did he shoot 1-7 from 3?
Shoot 1-5 total and get 50 put on him?

Spyda was the only player who played even decent yet you guys blame one guy. Nevermind the fact they absolutely punched our entire team in the mouth the entire game, but just Conley.

Lol he single handedly lost us the game?

Did he allow a scrub to put up 50?
Did he shoot 1-7 from 3?
Shoot 1-5 total and get 50 put on him?

Spyda was the only player who played even decent yet you guys blame one guy. Nevermind the fact they absolutely punched our entire team in the mouth the entire game, but just Conley.
Conley is sucking the swagger out of the team that was found after the Clarkson trade when Mike was out. He's affecting the whole team, thus the lack of chemistry argument.

Conley is sucking the swagger out of the team that was found after the Clarkson trade when Mike was out. He's affecting the whole team, thus the lack of chemistry argument.
Of course there's going to be lack of chemistry. It took these guys 3 months(Conley missed a full month)and and they're still getting chemistry down. This isn't going to happen overnight on limited minutes. Conley and JC have played what? 3 games? Conley and the bench unit the same?

Of course there's going to be lack of chemistry. It took these guys 3 months(Conley missed a full month)and and they're still getting chemistry down. This isn't going to happen overnight on limited minutes. Conley and JC have played what? 3 games? Conley and the bench unit the same?
Conley will never be the bigger bodied bully that Mudiay is. Mudiay and Clarkson were physically having their way with second team backcourts. That is what suddenly brought an identity to the Jazz after the JC trade.

MC can't bring that side out of Clarkson or the rest of the team like Mudiay can.

Conley will never be the bigger bodied bully that Mudiay is. Mudiay and Clarkson were physically having their way with second team backcourts. That is what suddenly brought an identity to the Jazz after the JC trade.

MC can't bring that side out of Clarkson or the rest of the team like Mudiay can.
Meh Conley is a better player in almost every aspect. As I've said I'm one of the biggest Mudiay homers here but I understand there's a reason why he's not highly sought after. He's a good solid role player, nothing more.

Meh Conley is a better player in almost every aspect. As I've said I'm one of the biggest Mudiay homers here but I understand there's a reason why he's not highly sought after. He's a good solid role player, nothing more.
His role was being a bigger bodied driving bully with some range. He was hungry and played like he was trying to get better. He paired great with JC's assassin attitude. Much better than MC's smooth cruising small ball style.

His role was being a bigger bodied driving bully with some range. He was hungry and played like he was trying to get better. He paired great with JC's assassin attitude. Much better than MC's smooth cruising small ball style.

There’s just no argument, Mudiay gave us a different flavor, a different identity with the 2nd unit. How he goes from being a key component of this to warming the bench has been surprising to say the least.

Conley can't drive? Did I miss something watching him consistently drive the last 10 years? Y'all are way too obsessed with body type and height. It hasn't stopped Conley before.

His size is not an issue at all. Him not being able to integrate and find his role is the issue. The guy didn't just lose his ability to play overnight.

Conley can't drive? Did I miss something watching him consistently drive the last 10 years? Y'all are way too obsessed with body type and height. It hasn't stopped Conley before.

His size is not an issue at all. Him not being able to integrate and find his role is the issue. The guy didn't just lose his ability to play overnight.

I'm not sure who was watching the game last night... Conley got to the basket... had several nice drives. His issue was turnovers and missing 3s.

So here's the deal... the thought that Mike would be this amazing addition that leads us to become more than the sum of our parts is somewhat dead. Does not mean he can't be better and will not help us more than a guy like Mudiay (he ain't perfect and his shooting was likely going to regress).

I had hoped our system would help Mike be better than he was last year just not at the same volume... and that he'd raise everyone else. It hasn't been the case and I've seen enough to think that won't be the case. I do think he can get back to being really good and provide something fantastic off the bench... 25-30 highly productive bench minutes to stagger with our really great starting lineup.

I thought we'd be title contenders... we might be if healthy and we get some injury or shooting luck. The upside of the deal is just not going to materialize like some hoped. We are taking a step forward... just not as big as I hoped. If Mike is healthy he will help us and will still be a good trade asset this summer... FA will be rough for some teams and Mike can become an appealing trade option.

I hope we have seen the formula of what works playerwise and will make some smart additions this summer.

So here's the deal... the thought that Mike would be this amazing addition that leads us to become more than the sum of our parts is somewhat dead. Does not mean he can't be better and will not help us more than a guy like Mudiay (he ain't perfect and his shooting was likely going to regress).

I had hoped our system would help Mike be better than he was last year just not at the same volume... and that he'd raise everyone else. It hasn't been the case and I've seen enough to think that won't be the case. I do think he can get back to being really good and provide something fantastic off the bench... 25-30 highly productive bench minutes to stagger with our really great starting lineup.

I thought we'd be title contenders... we might be if healthy and we get some injury or shooting luck. The upside of the deal is just not going to materialize like some hoped. We are taking a step forward... just not as big as I hoped. If Mike is healthy he will help us and will still be a good trade asset this summer... FA will be rough for some teams and Mike can become an appealing trade option.

I hope we have seen the formula of what works playerwise and will make some smart additions this summer.
This summer??? The Jazz have their hands on the 2nd seed this year, and the old buys club invested in Conley would rather throw that away than make some adjustments.

Last edited:
This summer??? The Jazz have their hands on the 2nd seed this year, and the old buys club invested in Conley would rather throw that away than make some adjustments.
The salary makes it hard to re-configure in season. He also will likely raise his trade value with better play and by being healthy.

I would not be opposed to moving him in the right deal... the right deal is hard to see.

Super unpopular opinion coming... it might be better/easier to address needs by seeing what's available for JC.

The salary makes it hard to re-configure in season. He also will likely raise his trade value with better play and by being healthy.

I would not be opposed to moving him in the right deal... the right deal is hard to see.

Super unpopular opinion coming... it might be better/easier to address needs by seeing what's available for JC.
The benefit each player brings to the Jazz's chemistry is polar opposite with these two. Conley has yet to fit in, while Clarkson sparked the Jazz to become the hottest team in the league when Mike was out with injury.

Why would it be better to trade JC?

I'm not sure who was watching the game last night... Conley got to the basket... had several nice drives. His issue was turnovers and missing 3s.
I see him a lot like Al Jefferson. A ball stopper that still gets his. Sure he gets to the rim and can manage to finish all while turning the rest of the team into observers. At least the mudiay/Clarkson pairing had a good amount of draw and kick. Conley has primarily a draw and force up the floater over the 7-footer. He has pretty solid individual ability so he'll get his tough layups and hit some of those floaters, all while ignoring open players on the perimeter and a chance to start the blender. We didn't blend one time last night and that was far worse with Conley on the floor. You take the other players out of the offense and the offense sputters in general.

unable to get acclimated

Unable to get acclimated? Did you see the unforced Conley TOs last night?? What part of the Quin game plan and transition to the Jazz playbook contributed to the extensive acclimation period that caused those TOs? What part of the Quin game plan contributes to Mike missing open 3s.

I am very defensive of Jazz players and Mike was not the only Jazz player that had issues with 3s last night. But Mike has had opportunities. He is not a rookie or a G leaguer that requires this extensive acclimation period.

Unable to get acclimated? Did you see the unforced Conley TOs last night?? What part of the Quin game plan and transition to the Jazz playbook contributed to the extensive acclimation period that caused those TOs? What part of the Quin game plan contributes to Mike missing open 3s.

I am very defensive of Jazz players and Mike was not the only Jazz player that had issues with 3s last night. But Mike has had opportunities. He is not a rookie or a G leaguer that requires this extensive acclimation period.

Great points. I don't know what the heck has happened, but if THIS guy shows up soon, I think we'll all be super pleased. If THIS Mike Conley shows up in Utah - we are unstoppable. He might never show up. The Jazz have until Feb. 6th to figure it out.