What's new

The “I’m a Mike Conley hating bitch” list

The guy I’m worried about is Ingles. I’m not sure I like this coming off the bench stuff. He’s deferring a lot. Even though he wouldn’t get as much usage, I’d like to see us start him in place of Royce and run the offense where the ball is pinballing and ping ponging all over the floor to someone for an open three, and open cut, or a Rudy lob. Wear the other team’s starters down through ball movement.
I agree with this. It seems like he's lost his mojo after getting completely shut out in the playoffs this summer. He needs to be way more aggressive and focused. His laid back approach is creeping into laissez faire territory and it's not good.

I hope your right because right now Conley is UNWATCHABLE and his game is pathetically flawed! I can't think of a single thing he's doing well or even average. For 30 million bucks we've got to get something more, don't ya think?
On a positive note, if he continues like this he won't opt out this summer! :/

I agree with this. It seems like he's lost his mojo after getting completely shut out in the playoffs this summer. He needs to be way more aggressive and focused. His laid back approach is creeping into laissez faire territory and it's not good.

You pig person. How dare you?

Joe will be fine, needs to shoot the rock more and he seems out of sync in the PnR which is very un joe like. I think he should stop using Mr Ed in the PnR and try running it with Green, got a feeling that might be more successful.

You pig person. How dare you?

Joe will be fine, needs to shoot the rock more and he seems out of sync in the PnR which is very un joe like. I think he should stop using Mr Ed in the PnR and try running it with Green, got a feeling that might be more successful.
I’ve wondered why he and Conley keep feeding Ed the ball on PNR. Come on, guys.

It would be nice to have a pick and pop option at the 5. That's what he's played with most his career and I think it would open things up for when the offensive toilet bowl is clogged.

those types don't grow on trees, but around the deadline some options could become available.

Horses like carrots, carrots are orange, so is a basketball. Its pretty simple. I saw some footage from the post game interviews after the Kings game, there is a salt lick in his locker and i believe Joe keeps some sugar cubes for him.

Lest anyone forget, getting Conley helped us get Bojan. I believe Conley will be good for us this year but if helping us get Bojan is his only contribution it still could be worth it.

Bogdanovic, who is coming off a career-best season in Indiana, could have signed with any number of teams as a free agent. But he picked the Jazz because all the talent they’ve accumulated.

“It’s been a great free agency for all of us,” Bogdanovic said. “I’m so excited to be a part of this organization, culture and one of the deepest rosters in the league.”

Us being able to make the trade for Mike first was a little bit of an accelerant for Bojan and his ability to see what it is going to be like to play for the Jazz, for Quin and with Mike, Donovan, Joe and Rudy in particular,” said Jazz Vice President of Basketball Operations Dennis Lindsey.

https://www.abc4.com/news/mike-conley-and-bojan-bogdanovic-embrace-high-expectations/

Seeing Mike, Donovan and Rudy over there, and seeing the Jazz are contenders every single year makes my decision so easy and so quick,” Bogdanovic said. “

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2019/07/08/heres-what-mike-conley/

So suck it up and at least give it a little time, haters.

:)

Lest anyone forget, getting Conley helped us get Bojan. I believe Conley will be good for us this year but if helping us get Bojan is his only contribution it still could be worth it.

https://www.abc4.com/news/mike-conley-and-bojan-bogdanovic-embrace-high-expectations/

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2019/07/08/heres-what-mike-conley/

So suck it up and at least give it a little time, haters.

:)
With a guy who has a contract like he has, that's way too low of an expectation.

So Mike has never played with other talented wing players. Usually spot up shooters or non-offensive guys like Tony allen. I wonder if he is struggling between being too passive and just putting something up.

He does not look slow... he looks predictable though... like he's making his decision early to either shoot or pass. Couple times last night I could see the move he was going to do before he did it. I'm hoping with more reps with his new teammates he gets comfortable toggling between being the scoring and facilitating.

Was at last night's game and came away with the impression that Emmanuel Mudiay will be starting in the playoffs.

Can we just get Ricky back?

Conley is 9/45 FG (.200) and 3/30 3P (.150) with a 17/11 A/TO ratio (1.5) and 12 PF. So he has committed more fouls than made baskets. His PER is -0.6 (for comparison's sake, Palacio was 9.9, McLeod was 9.6), his ORtg is 67 (league average is 108-ish) and his DRtg is 95, for a NetRtg of -28 (that has to be the worst in the league by far), his WS/48 is - .130, and his plus/minus is -7.7. This truly has to be one of the worst 4-game stretches in Jazz history, if not league history. Jazz are lucky to be 3-1 with such a huge liability on the floor for 25.5 MPG. He needs to figure things out quickly. Crazy the Jazz gave up three 1st round draft choices (including Grayson) for what currently looks like a major contract liability (instead of Conley, I had hoped the Jazz could go after/acquire one of Holiday, Beverley, or Brogdon). I was worried Conley was grossly overpaid for what he could bring to the table, but I was worried only about a minor decline in productivity, not a complete collapse of skills.

When I suggested earlier he looks like a freshman playing against the varsity, that wasn't hyperbole. He still looks quick with a solid handle, but he dribbles himself into trouble with regularity, his off-balance floaters look like the 20% shots they are, he has made a number of highly-questionable passes, and he seems lost in the offense. WTF, Mike?

I remain hopeful Conley will figure things out, but with each passing game, I am more and more worried that we won’t be able to count on Conley to be a consistent contributor, particularly when we need him most. I'm also becoming increasingly concerned his ceiling may be much lower than we think.

As bad as these 4 games really have been, it’s hard to look at a guy averaging 20 ppg last year, and entire body of work, on a new team for the first time ever, and think that these four games are a better sample than anything the past couple years. If one is an anomaly between the past 4 games and the past 2-3 years, I know where I’d put my money.

Anyone remember concern over Bogdanovic in preseason? How’d that age?