What's new

The “I’m a Mike Conley hating bitch” list

I saw all four games with Houston, and unlike you....I had my eyes opened when watching! It was Donovan and his poor shot selection and forced shots that lost that series, not Rubio! Say what you want but it was Rubio and his ball movement and slick passing that was responsible for that 18-6 record during the end of last season and the same with the close games and win against Houston in that 1st round. On the other hand, Donovan and his atrocious shooting that made us look pathetically flawed! One game he was 3-22 and another 5-27!
The Jazz lost homecourt in the first round during those last few games of the regular season. They were absolutely on track to have homecourt in the first round. So keep talking about that last stretch like it's a bragging point for the team... It wasn't. We had the easiest end to the season and we dropped the ball. Jazz absolutely should have gone to the second round last year. Some of it was other teams and tiebreakers and ****, but a lot of it was the Jazz. It started with not getting homecourt against any team other than Houston (who we matched up with worse than pretty much any other WC team). But it ended with Houston not guarding Rubio AT ALL! If you don't see the advantage of being able to completely not guard 1 of the 5 players on the other team then you don't understand anything about basketball. Look up the youtube videos that break it down. Houston wasn't guarding Rubio. So now that Donovan Mitchell has to score when double teamed, and when the switches become 50% easier for Houston because they know they aren't switching onto Rubio, ask yourself how valuable all around nice guy Rubio was for the Jazz?

Other teams are still guarding Conley. I'm going to laugh my *** off the first game a team thinks they don't need to. I hope the Clippers look at the first four games and say "We don't need to guard Conley." Because that will be the game Conley shuts a lot of gaping mouth holes.

There was poor shooting all around. But you obviously didnt watch those games. Rubio was literally not guarded in the playoffs. They dared him to shoot and we were forced to play 4v5 on offense. Our team won that many games in spite of Rubio, not because of him. Its obvious how much better we are without him already. Wait until our team gets used to playing together.

Career numbers arent close for the two. Conley will come back to shooting his normal percentages when he stops having to overthink the offense and gets his legs back under him.

Not sure why I am discussing the Jazz with someone that just read box scores though.
Last playoffs:

FG/FA Donovan 36/112 32,14% Ricky: 28/66 42,42%
AS Donovan 16 3,2 p/g Ricky: 43 8,6 p/g
stl/tov Donovan 8/21 Ricky : 12/15
+/- Donovan -38 Ricky : -13

Of course, we all know Donovan is a star and a future superstar, and faaarrr better than Rubio, but, to say that Rubio was the reason ( and i watched the games) that Utah lost , sorry but it´s not true for me. And not only Mitchell didn´t play at his level, Gobert and Ingles more of the same.Good luck this season. Bye

Last playoffs:

Of course, we all know Donovan is a star and a future superstar, and faaarrr better than Rubio, but, to say that Rubio was the reason ( and i watched the games) that Utah lost , sorry but it´s not true for me. And not only Mitchell didn´t play at his level, Gobert and Ingles more of the same.Good luck this season. Bye
Lots of people played bad and shot bad. Rubio was the only of those people that played terrible defense and also was not guarded by the opposing team. But I know you're a big Rubio fan so I'm sure your saw it different. It's a big difference to be left open and miss then to be the only offensive weapon that's double and triple teamed and miss shots. Mitchell was off and was forcing things but he was literally our only option at creating. Pretty much everyone was off from 3 as well.

Last playoffs:

Now how many shots did mitchell have to try and create because he was guarded

While rubio is allowed to shoot most his shoots wide open?

Just wondering

I saw all four games with Houston, and unlike you....I had my eyes opened when watching! It was Donovan and his poor shot selection and forced shots that lost that series, not Rubio! Say what you want but it was Rubio and his ball movement and slick passing that was responsible for that 18-6 record during the end of last season and the same with the close games and win against Houston in that 1st round. On the other hand, Donovan and his atrocious shooting that made us look pathetically flawed! One game he was 3-22 and another 5-27!
Yep, it's hard to be the only offensive weapon and have Rubio's man defending you as well.

Mitchell and Gobert were the main reason we won games at the end of last year.

Lots of people played bad and shot bad. Rubio was the only of those people that played terrible defense and also was not guarded by the opposing team. But I know you're a big Rubio fan so I'm sure your saw it different. It's a big difference to be left open and miss then to be the only offensive weapon that's double and triple teamed and miss shots. Mitchell was off and was forcing things but he was literally our only option at creating. Pretty much everyone was off from 3 as well.
Yes, I´m a Rubio fan but not a fanboy. I know perfectly what he does well and bad. To be a Rubio fan sometimes is not easy, he makes you " suffer". Is not like to be a star or superstar fan. Sometimes he takes bad decisions, too many risks, shots bad, etc. But usually he gives more than he takes away. And he´s not a superdefender but is above average, and please, tell who (in the league) can defend Harden. " terrible defense"...i think is too much.
On the other hand ( apart of Rubio), i´ve always said that i don´t like the Mitchell heroball time every last quarter. I think that that´s on Quinn. If you are double, triple , quadruple or quintuple teamed as Mitchell maybe there is a teammate free, and i´m sure that is not only Ricky. Let´s see how will finish the games this year.

last playoffs:

Ingles 12/37 32,43%
Crowder 17/46 36,95 %
Royce 21/45 46,66 % good

Yes, I´m a Rubio fan but not a fanboy. I know perfectly what he does well and bad. To be a Rubio fan sometimes is not easy, he makes you " suffer". Is not like to be a star or superstar fan. Sometimes he takes bad decisions, too many risks, shots bad, etc. But usually he gives more than he takes away. And he´s not a superdefender but is above average, and please, tell who (in the league) can defend Harden. " terrible defense"...i think is too much.
On the other hand ( apart of Rubio), i´ve always said that i don´t like the Mitchell heroball time every last quarter. I think that that´s on Quinn. If you are double, triple , quadruple or quintuple teamed as Mitchell maybe there is a teammate free, and i´m sure that is not only Ricky. Let´s see how will finish the games this year.

last playoffs:

Ingles 12/37 32,43%
Crowder 17/46 36,95 %
Royce 21/45 46,66 % good
Rubio used to be a possible above average defender. That was not the case last year and wasn't the case in the one have I watched this year of him against the Jazz. No one can guard harden but players can put up some resistance.

Rubio used to be a possible above average defender. That was not the case last year and wasn't the case in the one have I watched this year of him against the Jazz. No one can guard harden but players can put up some resistance.

Last playoffs:

Harden : FA/FG 43/115 37,39 %
PPG:27,8
AS: 8 APG
STL:2,2 SPG (11)
TOV:5,6 TPG (28)
8 points less and worse % than regular season, and without resistance. Will be better to let Harden alone on the court, maybe his % fall. Anyway , i don´t want to fight. My only intent is that, you all see that there were other important matters aside from Rubio. Nothing more. If you don´t believe it, that´s life, no problem.

last playoffs:

Ingles 12/37 32,43%
Crowder 17/46 36,95 %
Royce 21/45 46,66 % good

I don't know where you got you numbers from, but I checked here real quick and they don't seem to match.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/UTA/2019.html

4 players in the playoffs last year shot 30% or better from 3.
Royce 34.8% - 8-23
Korver 33.0% - 2-6
Niang 30.8% - 4-13
Crowder 30.0% - 9-30

Neto, Allen, and Favors were a combined 0-7 for 0%

Ingles 27.6% - 8-29
DM 25.6% - 11-43
Rubio 20.0% - 4-20
Thabo 12.5% - 1-8

Keep in mind DM was guarded like a hawk, Rubio's guy was 5-10 feet away, Ingles confidence was gone and he was passing up wide open 3's, and nobody could hit the broad side of a barn. DM had to work hard for every inch, every shot, every step but he was our only creator. A good amount of those 3's were open for the team as a whole.

It was ugly. How ugly it was I think was a big driving force behind the off season we had with so many changes.

Rubio not being guarded was a big deal, but I think the 2 biggest reasons for the series loss had to do with the huge defensive change that the team didn't get good at until later in the series, and the team inability to hit an open 3. Rubio's liability on offense was probably the 3rd factor, imo.

What do I know, I only watch the game. I'm no GM, player, coach, or fanboy even if I lean towards the positive side of things.

I don't know where you got you numbers from, but I checked here real quick and they don't seem to match.

Royce 34.8% - 8-23
Korver 33.0% - 2-6
Niang 30.8% - 4-13
Crowder 30.0% - 9-30

Ingles 27.6% - 8-29
DM 25.6% - 11-43
Rubio 20.0% - 4-20
Thabo 12.5% - 1-8

Keep in mind DM was guarded like a hawk, Rubio's guy was 5-10 feet away, Ingles confidence was gone and he was passing up wide open 3's, and nobody could hit the broad side of a barn. DM had to work hard for every inch, every shot, every step but he was our only creator. A good amount of those 3's were open for the team as a whole.

It was ugly. How ugly it was I think was a big driving force behind the off season we had with so many changes.

Rubio not being guarded was a big deal, but I think the 2 biggest reasons for the series loss had to do with the huge defensive change that the team didn't get good at until later in the series, and the team inability to hit an open 3. Rubio's liability on offense was probably the 3rd factor, imo.

What do I know, I only watch the game. I'm no GM, player, coach, or fanboy even if I lean towards the positive side of things.
my numbers are totals, not only from 3. But ok, DM ok, Ingles lost his confidence but ok, the rest lost their aiming, Rudy perfect for what he does, defend, rebound and loops. The key was Ricky, let´s see this season how it runs. Hope you the best.

Royce 34.8% - 8-23
Korver 33.0% - 2-6
Niang 30.8% - 4-13
Crowder 30.0% - 9-30

Ingles 27.6% - 8-29
DM 25.6% - 11-43
Rubio 20.0% - 4-20
Thabo 12.5% - 1-8

Then there are these gems from the playoffs last year.
Screenshot_20190421-143522__01.jpegScreenshot_20190421-143205__01.jpeg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

What is encouraging to me is Conley shots are straight. By that I mean he is either short or long with his shot. Due to this I expect him to get going in a big way.

Last playoffs:

Harden : FA/FG 43/115 37,39 %
PPG:27,8
AS: 8 APG
STL:2,2 SPG (11)
TOV:5,6 TPG (28)
8 points less and worse % than regular season, and without resistance. Will be better to let Harden alone on the court, maybe his % fall. Anyway , i don´t want to fight. My only intent is that, you all see that there were other important matters aside from Rubio. Nothing more. If you don´t believe it, that´s life, no problem.
Yes, Gobert is an incredible force and Snyder had a good system. Putting other players in harden had a much bigger impact as well. We also have a larger sample size to watch Rubio throughout the season to see his defense had fallen off.

Yes, missing our open shots hurt the team the most. But the biggest factor in our starting lineup that hurt us was Rubio. You can't have a PG the defense doesn't guard. It kills everything with your offense.