What's new

The better haul

Which deal had the better haul

• Markkanen, Agbaji, Sexton, 3 unprotected firsts, 2 swaps

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Beasley, Beverley, Bolmaro, Kessler, 3 unprotected picks, 1 lightly protected pick, 1 pick swap

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • About the same

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
Sexton, Agbaji and Markkanen are better players than Beverly, Beasley and Bolmaro. They're younger too.

Picks are TBD. Jazz are betting on players wanting to leave Minnesota and Cleveland in free agency.

Donovan got better players. Rudy got better picks (mainly because I think that 2029 pick conveys).

Love that the Cavs picks are further out and it’s basically 5 straight drafts.

Cavs really went all in, but that's really the right thing for them to do. When you're in Cleveland, you've got to swing when you get a chance.

Cavs really went all in, but that's really the right thing for them to do. When you're in Cleveland, you've got to swing when you get a chance.
I agree. And I like how they’ve built their team. They drafted or traded for a core and then added to that so they’d have assets and salary available to chase a star. I think this is a decent move for them on paper. However, it has major potential to go sideways. Anything less than a championship and it’s going to be viewed negatively by fans.

Donovan got the better haul because he was the better trade asset.

If we are going based off of what they were worth vs what we got then the Rudy deal wins by far.

I don't think any of these picks will amou t to anything special if we don't trade them.

Cavs and Twolves are well set up for long term success.

So it comes down to players and Cleveland gave us much better players

I'm not expecting the picks from either trade to be lottery picks but I like the wolves picks better. The players coming back aren't even close though. I can't help but wonder if you switched Mitchell and Sexton for the 20-21 season if the opinion on them would be flipped. The cavs would have still been terrible that year with Mitchell and Sexton would have provided similar numbers for us. I do think Mitchell is the better player but I'm not sure how large the gap is. I think Lauri puts up 18 amd 7 for us next year if we keep him around and I really like the potential of Ochai.

I don't think any of these picks will amou t to anything special if we don't trade them.

You underestimate uncertainty and chaos. Even good teams get injured and miss the playoffs in the span of 5-6 years. Cavs and Wolves have young stars now. What happens when Rudy retires after his contract is up and Donovan leaves CLE? Do any of the young stars eye an exit from those small market teams? 7 years is a hell of a ton of time. We really do not know what can happen over that span of time... especially for teams that don't have great history of success(except for LeBron-Cavs)

I think most would of said just a year or two ago that the Jazz were set up for long term success. **** happens.

You underestimate uncertainty and chaos. Even good teams get injured and miss the playoffs in the span of 5-6 years. Cavs and Wolves have young stars now. What happens when Rudy retires after his contract is up and Donovan leaves CLE? Do any of the young stars eye an exit from those small market teams? 7 years is a hell of a ton of time. We really do not know what can happen over that span of time... especially for teams that don't have great history of success(except for LeBron-Cavs)
Even if Don leaves Cleveland still has Garland and Evan freaking Mobley.

Uncertainty is great, but I'd rather not bet on it and just use these picks as trade pieces.

Even if Don leaves Cleveland still has Garland and Evan freaking Mobley.

Uncertainty is great, but I'd rather not bet on it and just use these picks as trade pieces.
So they are one injury away. I would also be slightly worried that Mobley misses time... it seems like every big that has freakish athletic movements ends up being hurt off and on. Giannis is the exception... AD, JJJ, Isaac, KP, Chet.

They also created the nerdiest of CBA problems with the trade. They technically can't extend Mobley until Donovan opt out... so he can't get the 5 year extension his 3rd year. I think they make a big run for 2 years and then may trade Donovan.

CLE is also going to get stuck as they’ll have Garland on a max deal, likely Mobley on a max deal and committing $20M to Allen alone. There’s not going to be enough dollars to go around for a third max.

Still think it’s worth it for them to go all-in while Mobley is cheap, but the clock starts now.

Donovan got better players. Rudy got better picks (mainly because I think that 2029 pick conveys).

Love that the Cavs picks are further out and it’s basically 5 straight drafts.
Not a minor deal. If things go sideways for them at any point in that period then yikes for them and boioioioing for us.