What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

One thing that definitely wont help fix the border is to not pay the border patrol. Which is what happens if there is a government shutdown. Which the republican led House seems to want.
Of course we all know that the republican party politicians dont actually care about the border. They just care about complaining about the democrats and causing chaos. They dont actually want the problems at the border to be fixed. If the border were to be fixed then there would be one less thing to complain about and to blame the democrats for. Republicans dont want that.

The US labor market surged in September, blowing expectations out of the water by adding 336,000 jobs, according to Bureau of Labor Statistics data released Friday.

I found this interesting

Vancouver, British Columbia, recently gave about $5,600 to a group of more than a hundred people experiencing poverty.

"Housing improved, it reduced homelessness, it increased spending and savings over time, and was a net savings for government and taxpayers," Jiaying Zhao, an associate professor of psychology at the University of British Columbia, told The Guardian.

Ouch! That isn't good news.

Jamie Dimon's prediction of the Fed continuing to raise rates until they hit 7% is looking prescient.
Ah, you think people having jobs is a bad thing. Just gonna have to agree to disagree. Me personally, I would rather have income and higher interest rates on things (I havent taken a loan in a long time anyway) than no income and really low interest rates. Which im not even certain that higher unemployement would automatically equate to low interest rates anywho. Again, even if that were the case I prefer income and high rates to no income an low rates. You seem to think that people getting jobs equals high interest rates and therefore people getting jobs is bad. You would rather people not get jobs and interest rates go down apparently.

Of course if the article was saying that unemployment was going up and interest rates would be coming down then you would just say that is bad as well.

I know you have to put a negative spin on anything and everything though so I get it.

As confusing as this is to folks who believe the President is above the law, Biden is just following the law:
And the best part? Mexico is paying for the wall!

Ah, you think people having jobs is a bad thing. Just gonna have to agree to disagree. Me personally, I would rather have income and higher interest rates on things (I havent taken a loan in a long time anyway) than no income and really low interest rates. Which im not even certain that higher unemployement would automatically equate to low interest rates anywho. Again, even if that were the case I prefer income and high rates to no income an low rates. You seem to think that people getting jobs equals high interest rates and therefore people getting jobs is bad. You would rather people not get jobs and interest rates go down apparently.

Of course if the article was saying that unemployment was going up and interest rates would be coming down then you would just say that is bad as well.

I know you have to put a negative spin on anything and everything though so I get it.
I didn't praise biden for the jobs. That would be stupid.
I'm guessing you still believe this right? I'll give Biden credit myself as I disagree that presidents don't have anything to do with jobs, but jobs is one of the very few things I can say Biden has actually succeeded in.

Last edited:

Your mistake is thinking that the economy being good or bad has anything to do with workers and regular people. The economy being good means businesses are making more profits, share holders are getting paid and companies are able to expand. Peasants having jobs and good lives is not part of the equation. There's no spot for that on the quarterly business report.

One of the best solutions I've heard is to give anyone who knowingly hires an illegal immigrant a mandatory minimum 6 month prison sentence.
My solution in lamens terms is to actually contract out jobs to large companies and give a certain amount of illegals opportunities to come work for a year and earn their citizenship. There would be mandatory classes and meetings once or twice a month where they are required to prove that they are following protocols and showing up to work daily. This not only integrated them into America it also gives them a foot in the door. After a year or so they are given full citizenship with a probation period where they must still work and follow certain protocols such as do taxes and not break laws. After say another year they are completely done and can do as they wish with full citizenship with no restrictions. Children are given the same opportunities except schooling is required instead of a job.

There would have to be a number of applicants per year but the number would be sustainable. Max 3-5 year waiting period for each applicant.

I'm guessing you still believe this right? I'll give Biden credit myself as I disagree that presidents don't have anything to do with jobs, but jobs is one of the very few things I can say Biden has actually succeeded in.
Yep I still believe that. I also didn't give anyone any praise for the job increase. Simply posted an article. I didn't even mention Biden. Hell, I don't think the article even mentioned Biden.

This is fantastic news. Now we no longer have to worry about the southern border.
Tell that to states that are drowning in migrants like NYC, Chicago, and DC. The wall is nothing more than a deterrent not and end all. Just as a fence around the house is. People can still hop that fence but that fence still does the purpose of keeping unwanted guest off your lawn.
Yep I still believe that. I also didn't give anyone any praise for the job increase. Simply posted an article. I didn't even mention Biden. Hell, I don't think the article even mentioned Biden.
Gotcha. Just making sure.

Check the front page of CNN.com. They taglined this news with "Why the shocking good jobs report is going to cost you". That dire take is their lead story. No, it isn't spinning things. This is bad.

Check the front page of CNN.com. They taglined this news with "Why the shocking good jobs report is going to cost you". That dire take is their lead story. No, it isn't spinning things. This is bad.
Like I said. If the report said the opposite then that would also be bad. Its all bad lol. I prefer the bad with income and higher inflation rather than the opposite.

I prefer the bad with income and higher inflation rather than the opposite.
As you said, either can be bad depending on which way you look at it. Unemployment is sitting around 3.5%. When a thing is bad for 96.5% but good for 3.5%, the bad outweighs the good. When a thing is bad for 3.5% but good for 96.5%, that is usually a pretty good deal.

Under the previous president, pre-COVID, we had both low unemployment and significant real wage growth. The 96.5% were seeing growth and the 3.5% were seeing growth. Now the tiny sliver of 3.5% are seeing growth and mass majority 96.5% are not. That is not spin. It is a loss from the perspective of what we had. The current situation is not as good as the situation of 4 years ago and even outlets biased to the left are starting to take notice. You can't continuously urinate on everyone's shoes and convince all them it is raining.

As you said, either can be bad depending on which way you look at it. Unemployment is sitting around 3.5%. When a thing is bad for 96.5% but good for 3.5%, the bad outweighs the good. When a thing is bad for 3.5% but good for 96.5%, that is usually a pretty good deal.

Under the previous president, pre-COVID, we had both low unemployment and significant real wage growth. The 96.5% were seeing growth and the 3.5% were seeing growth. Now the tiny sliver of 3.5% are seeing growth and mass majority 96.5% are not. That is not spin. It is a loss from the perspective of what we had. The current situation is not as good as the situation of 4 years ago and even outlets biased to the left are starting to take notice. You can't continuously urinate on everyone's shoes and convince all them it is raining.
Lol. Everyone has acknowledged the worldwide inflation that exists now that didn't back then. Left leaning outlets have acknowledged that from the beginning. Some even acknowledge that the US is doing better than nearly every other country in regard to inflation.

As I said before I would rather there be high interest with high employment than low interest and low employment. So I think more people having jobs is a good thing. Even if more people having jobs increases interest. I have an idea for you though. Go ahead and quit the workforce! Do your part to curb interest since that is your bigger concern.

Last edited: