What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

I doubt there’s a POC that MAGA media and the cult wouldn’t disparage. Again, I’m old enough to have lived throughout all of the Obama years. I remember the tea party well. The anger towards Democratic POC isn’t based on talent or politics.

lol i take it back. Kamala Harris was chosen because of her popularity with the electorate, her stellar record as a prosecutor and her riveting and captivating skill as an orator. Her ability to articulate her point of view and connect with people across the political spectrum with powerful and persuasive messaging has seen her shine in the role of VP that she was chosen for on her charisma, intellect and political nouse. A ready made Presidential candidate.

With a great cackle lol

Yeah, DEI is so dumb.

I get it man. If a person isn't white then the reason they exist is because of DEI. Anytime a non-white is doing something it's because a white person is trying to be DEI compliant.

Cool
I bet if it weren’t for DEI all of these good folks in Iowa would’ve had better and more informed opinions about Vivek. Darn that DEI for making people so ignorant.

People who are voting for Biden are criticizing Biden for the things you're saying they are afraid to criticize him for.

Are we done? Because I'm done. You don't say things that are insightful, meaningful, or unique. I can get your take 100 times a day form various idiots who are suffering from Dunning Kruger Effect.
I was just making a joke about what the article was “exposing”. I’m sorry you couldn’t appreciate a little humor because of who it came from. My ego will be fine no matter how many times you feel the need to call me dumb and tell me how smart you are.

lol i take it back. Kamala Harris was chosen because of her popularity with the electorate, her stellar record as a prosecutor and her riveting and captivating skill as an orator. Her ability to articulate her point of view and connect with people across the political spectrum with powerful and persuasive messaging has seen her shine in the role of VP that she was chosen for on her charisma, intellect and political nouse. A ready made Presidential candidate.

With a great cackle lol
did you enjoy pushing over that straw man?

Literally no one is making that argument.

There’s a lot of history and nuance just in that 2019-2020 primary campaign to understand why they went with Kamala. From the politics of her attack on Biden, to her unparalleled lobbying efforts to become the VP, to Cuban American politics, to george Floyd. Biden had considered other VP candidates of different levels of progressiveness and different races. But due to the politics of the country, Harris was seen as the best candidate. She doesn’t have to be TR or Harry Truman. If she becomes president she’ll most likely take over split government so you won’t have to worry about much progressive legislation passing. At the end of the day, the VPs won’t matter. this is between Biden, a normal Democrat and Trump, a rapist authoritarian.

We could talk about the 2019-2020 Democratic primary if I felt you’d take it seriously. Frankly, I’m tired of the trolls just trying to waste time on here.

I doubt there’s a POC that MAGA media and the cult wouldn’t disparage. Again, I’m old enough to have lived throughout all of the Obama years. I remember the tea party well. The anger towards Democratic POC isn’t based on talent or politics.
I have a backyard neighbor who has a flagpole and flies the American flag. In 2008 they turned their flag upside down. In 2016 they turned it right side up. In 2020 until today they have kept it right side up.

I wonder, humm, so curious, what was it from 2008 until 2016 that prompted them to turn their flag upside down? Was it because a liberal Democrat became president? No, that can't be it. Biden is a liberal Democrat and they didn't turn their flag upside down when he got elected. Oh well, this one is too much of a headscratcher. I don't think I'll ever be able to figure out what it was in particular from 2008 to 2016 that caused them to feel the need to turn their flag upside down.

really ?? that's where you're going ?? You really think Kamala Harris is a capable person as VP ?? Enough that you're whining racist ?? geez

The Biden campaign was very clear after he won the nomination that they wanted to select a woman of colour. Which is great, all for it. It's just a shame they picked one so dreadfully inept.
Kamala has been a pretty absent and disappointing VP. So was Quayle. So was Pence. We haven't had very many good VPs in the last three decades. Yet there's only one you say was a DEI hire.

Get a ****ing mirror and look at yourself.

The VP is always picked for demographic reasons. A northerner Presidential candidate picks a southern VP. An east coast elite picks a silicon valley upstart. A rapist, 3 times married, 3 times unfaithful, anti-religious, failed businessman picks Mike Pence. In 2020 Biden picks Kamala Harris. Yes her race and gender were a factor. That is no less and no more meaningful than why any other VP was picked, yet this time it is an issue. It's cool to do all the same things for all the same reasons just so long as the coloreds aren't the beneficiaries.

Kamala has been a pretty absent and disappointing VP. So was Quayle. So was Pence. We haven't had very many good VPs in the last three decades. Yet there's only one you say was a DEI hire.

Get a ****ing mirror and look at yourself.

lololol I didn't realise DEI hiring was a thing going back to those previous candidates.

so you're completely incapable of critical thought. cool. Know not to take you seriously.

Biden is East coast, Kamala is West coast. She was a serious candidate in 2020. To say she is simply a DEI plug-in is ignorant and seriously misinformed.
Kamala Harris was literally a DEI plug-in. In March of 2020 Biden vowed his VP would be a woman. By the end of June Biden vowed it would be a woman of color. The race and gender of the VP was announced before they had decided on who the person would be. The final pick was between Susan Rice, Karen Bass, Kamala Harris, and Val Demings for who would be the woman of color plugged-in to the VP office. Everyone who was not the desired gender or ethnicity was excluded.

It certainly wasn't because Kamala was west coast. She polled horribly in California.

The VP is always picked for demographic reasons. A northerner Presidential candidate picks a southern VP. An east coast elite picks a silicon valley upstart. A rapist, 3 times married, 3 times unfaithful, anti-religious, failed businessman picks Mike Pence. In 2020 Biden picks Kamala Harris. Yes her race and gender were a factor. That is no less and no more meaningful than why any other VP was picked, yet this time it is an issue. It's cool to do all the same things for all the same reasons just so long as the coloreds aren't the beneficiaries.
Her relative youth was also something in her favor, altho not the only thing or they would have picked Pete.

lololol I didn't realise DEI hiring was a thing going back to those previous candidates.

so you're completely incapable of critical thought. cool. Know not to take you seriously.
If you believe that a person is capable of being both a person of color and completely incompetent at the same time, that makes you a racist, or a conspiracy theorist, or probably both.

I feel like I should also point out that Kamala is a woman so we can throw misogynist in there too. Those are all the tried and true labels from the dems and they all obviously apply here.

She isn’t totally incompetent because of her race and gender, she is totally incompetent in-spite of her race and gender. Even though she’s more diverse, she is still just as useless and incompetent as those white guy VP’s, and she’s even less popular. That is quite the accomplishment.

Acknowledging off the top that some do not like to see this subject broached, or view it as perhaps overdone. I just thought it was a very thoughtful and thought provoking essay, which may be of interest to those both fascinated and somewhat alarmed by the development described. So, posting for anyone interested in this angle. I believe this does represent in large part what I have been seeing in our present moment.

I believe it is likely light years removed from what AI-O-Meter assumes regarding our present moment, and is part of the reason he and I cannot communicate at all. I do believe that if one does not recognize what this essay is describing, one is missing an essential development in our current moment.

At any rate for those interested in historical context, etc., this was one of the more thoughtful essays I’ve come across recently describing America in 2024.

“A dangerous silence now often accompanies a language at war with democratic ideals and the public imagination. This is an enforced silence among the larger public that purposely mutes matters of critical agency, moral responsibility, reason, justice and the demands of keeping alive a substantive democracy. It is a language where moral outrage disappears, is silenced or both, while concealing the danger that this fascist language portends. This is a depoliticizing silence that clouds lies and untruths in mindless theater, spectacles and a flood of evasions. Under such circumstances, community is emptied of any substance, reduced to notions of the social organized around the merging of lies and violence. The loneliness and social atomization produced under neoliberalism provide fodder for the dictatorial energies that offer forms of the false promise of community rooted in hate, bigotry and lies, often resulting in habitual ignorance to justice. Mainstream institutions such as schools, the media and online platforms that should trade in imaginative ideas and provide a critical culture are under siege. One consequence is the breakdown of civic culture, egalitarian values and politics itself. What many Americans fail to realize is that this reactionary mode of silence is a form of complicity that creates a political climate marked by cruelty, violence and lawlessness. How else to explain the lack of public outrage against an extremist Republican Party that rejects free summer lunch programs for food-insecure youth, weakens child labor laws and restricts voting rights?

Just say black guys. You don’t need to say DEI. We all know what you mean when you say DEI. It doesn’t make your posts any less racist. Just be honest.

Whoa!

These are reelection numbers no matter who the VP is!

Wow what a monster month for jobs!

Whoa!

These are reelection numbers no matter who the VP is!

Wow what a monster month for jobs!

piggybacking off that......

One of Donald Trump’s leading economic advisers now admits he was wrong about the predictions he made for the economy under President Joe Biden.

“Mea culpa,” Fox Business host Larry Kudlow said on the air Thursday. “I was wrong about the slowdown and the recession, so was the entire forecasting fraternity.”

Fox News host Sandra Smith, however, tried to get him to back out of it.

“I don’t think you were wrong,” she said.

But Kudlow, who was director of the National Economic Council under Trump for nearly three years, stuck with it.

“The Fed, everyone was wrong,” he said, referring to widespread predictions of a recession in 2022 and 2023 that never came to fruition.

Kudlow noted that unemployment numbers will come out Friday after a month of headline-making layoffs.

“My guess is that the Federal Reserve is looking more closely at that than inflation,” Smith said in a clip posted on Mediaite, noting that the agency is hoping to tame inflation, which could lead to job losses.

“If the labor market takes a significant hit, we could see a significant downturn in the American economy,” she predicted.

Kudlow made a similar confession about the strength of the economy last month when the gross domestic product GDP jumped faster than expected.

“He gets his due,” Kudlow said of Biden. “If I were he, I would be out slinging that hash, too. No problem.”

Economist Steven Rattner noted that as of the 2nd quarter, “the US economy is over 6% larger than it was before COVID (adjusted for inflation). He also noted that new manufacturing construction is growing fast and is on pace to be close to $190 billion this year. In the entire decade of the 2010s, it was less than $100 billion. This growth comes from the Inflation Reduction Act, the Infrastructure and Jobs Act (also known as the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law), and the CHIPS and Science Act.

Also, government investment and growth in manufacturing are strongest in Republican-dominated states, notwithstanding that not a single Republican voted for the Inflation Reduction Act that funds such investment, and that Republicans continue to try to gut that law. Republican-dominated states stand to get about $337 billion in investment, while Democratic-dominated states look to get about $183 billion.

Biden is busy making all of America great again, while MAGAs vote against their constituent's interests, then bloviate with fake outrage, hate toward fellow Americans, and conspiracy theories.