What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

This is what I think. The plan was to use this issue AGAINST Biden in the election but most intelligent voters as well as most independent voters are going to realize that the GOP, at the insistence of Trump, decided they didn't want to actually solve the problem but wanted it to be a problem so they could fool their fool *** base. It will trick Trumpers and no one else imho.

This will be an issue Biden can campaign on now. Had MAGA by the balls by giving them exactly what they asked for only for MAGA to turn it down. Now Biden he has a cudgel to beat MAGA with using their own issue.

hopefully. I think it will soften the damage to biden with moderates, but it is his achilles heel. People across the political spectrum are fed up with the problem. It is just a matter of spreading the blame. And both parties deserve a lot of the blame. When Trump had both houses, that was the opportunity to truly pass meaningful legislation. But is was all about the wall, the wall, the wall, and nothing else that could have improved the situation was moved foward. Biden has botched this issue from day 1.

One guy who didn't seek out any other Rs for their opinion/support during negotiations? Doubtful.

I also put this on McConnell. As leader he should have been aligning the troops. They let this dude on the vanguard and then threw him under the bus.

hopefully. I think it will soften the damage to biden with moderates, but it is his achilles heel. People across the political spectrum are fed up with the problem. It is just a matter of spreading the blame. And both parties deserve a lot of the blame. When Trump had both houses, that was the opportunity to truly pass meaningful legislation. But is was all about the wall, the wall, the wall, and nothing else that could have improved the situation was moved foward. Biden has botched this issue from day 1.
I agree that Biden trying to separate himself from Trump's inhumane handling of the boarder with no actual plan to improve the situation otherwise has been a massive blunder.

I also realize that people will not associate the cause and effect of illegal immigration to the reason why things are happening the way they are right now. The relative economic imbalance between the U.S. and economies south of the U.S. is the primary driver of immigration. The U.S. has handled post-COVID recovery better than almost any other nation on the planet and especially in comparison to South America. The U.S. has handled the worldwide inflation crisis better than almost any other nation on the planet, and especially in comparison to South American nations.

The result of our exceptional economy and economic opportunity is record breaking attempts to immigrate here.

I'd vote for a box of cornflakes before I'd vote for Trump.

Biden is toast, but the Biden administration has been the best administration of my lifetime. I don't think the figurehead matters as much as the team they establish.

That's legit copium on my part, but I think it is true. This has been an incredibly effective administration while the actual President is suffering and should be retired.

I'm all for 4 more years of this administration. Biden is sort of irrelevant in that equation.

Biden is toast, but the Biden administration has been the best administration of my lifetime.

This has been an incredibly effective administration
In what ways? (Best administration) I’m being sincere when asking this. Just curious about your opinion.

This is what I think. The plan was to use this issue AGAINST Biden in the election but most intelligent voters as well as most independent voters are going to realize that the GOP, at the insistence of Trump, decided they didn't want to actually solve the problem but wanted it to be a problem so they could fool their fool *** base. It will trick Trumpers and no one else imho.

This will be an issue Biden can campaign on now. Had MAGA by the balls by giving them exactly what they asked for only for MAGA to turn it down. Now Biden he has a cudgel to beat MAGA with using their own issue.
Don't worry, there are enough voter who blindly vote for the R (or the D) and barely even see the name to more than carry the vote.

I'd vote for a box of cornflakes before I'd vote for Trump.

Biden is toast, but the Biden administration has been the best administration of my lifetime. I don't think the figurehead matters as much as the team they establish.

That's legit copium on my part, but I think it is true. This has been an incredibly effective administration while the actual President is suffering and should be retired.

I'm all for 4 more years of this administration. Biden is sort of irrelevant in that equation.
Great, now I'm hungry for breakfast.

In what ways? (Best administration) I’m being sincere when asking this. Just curious about your opinion.
Im guessing it has to do with being handed a mess (hella line supply issues stemming from covid, extremely high inflation that to be fair Biden had some contribution to but it inflation was going to be an issue regardles, everyone predicting horrible stock market crashes and recessions) and having low gas pricing, making huge gains on inflation vs wages, great unemployment numbers, 401k's and stock markets kicking ***, no recession on the horizon. Relative to other nations post covid, the US is kicking *** right now. Hasn't started any wars. Caps on prescription drug prices. Got a bunch of bills passes that are helping the country right now.

Last edited:
Some more stuff:

What We’ve Learned About Biden, Part 1​

As a candidate, Biden embraced a sweeping, potentially historic agenda on domestic policy, a plan that included once-in-a-generation infrastructure efforts, a wholesale reimagining of child and elder care and transformational investments in clean energy. But Democratic candidates for president almost always talk big.

As a senator and then as vice president, Biden had focused much more on the judiciary and foreign policy. It was easy to assume he wasn’t fully committed to his campaign agenda, or that he wouldn’t actually try to pursue it.

Boy, was that assumption wrong.

Biden pushed forward with the big ideas, initially attempting to wrap them into one giant legislative package he called “Build Back Better.” He deferred heavily to Democratic leaders in Congress and was not afraid to pass legislation on party-line votes, though he simultaneously pursued bipartisan legislation where he saw an opportunity.

Not every decision worked out. There’s a strong case that narrowing the agenda even a little bit might have achieved more, or at least moved the process along more quickly.

But while Biden had to jettison some parts of the agenda and scale back others, he ended up achieving more than any reasonable analyst could have expected, affixing his signature to major initiatives that are now pouring hundreds of billions of dollars into infrastructure, semiconductor development and cleanenergy ― and bringing down prescriptiondrugprices, too.

What We’ve Learned About Biden, Part 2​

On foreign policy, the most revealing episodes of Biden’s presidency have arguably been the withdrawal of American forces from Afghanistan and his position on the wars in Ukraine and Gaza. They represent very different challenges, though it’s possible to see some patterns in Biden’s approach.

One constant has been his attention to and management of international alliances. With Ukraine, he has managed to lead a policy response that’s been relatively free of dissent from America’s top international allies. In Gaza, he has maintained a united diplomatic front with Saudi Arabia and other regional players that, he hopes, will be the foundation of a post-war reconstruction and peace arrangement (as reported weeks ago by HuffPost’s Akbar Shahid Ahmed).

The other constant is a firm conviction about right and wrong and what needs to be done, regardless of what Biden is hearing from critics, even in his own administration. It was obvious with the withdrawal from Afghanistan, which so many members of his military and diplomatic establishment resisted or tried to slow down. It is even more obvious now with his support for Israel, despite a growing outcry over what Israel’s response to the Oct. 7 attack by Hamas has meant for the people of Gaza.

In both cases, it seems clear Biden is following his own inner compass. In Afghanistan, that compass points him toward getting American soldiers out of what he believed was a hopeless endeavor ― a perspective likely informed by having a son who served in the military.

In the Middle East, the compass points him toward supporting an Israel he views primarily as an embattled refuge for the Jewish people. That view is a lot more common among older officials who formed their opinions in the era of Golda Meir and the Yom Kippur War, while the Holocaust was a fresher memory and Israel was repeatedlybattling Arab military forces.

Since Joe Biden took office, the country has added jobs every month. His first year was obviously boosted by the faster-than-normal addition of jobs in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. That said, there have been seven months since the start of 2022 in which the country added more jobs than were added in the best month of Donald Trump’s first three years in office. In 2023 alone, the country added almost half the total number of jobs that were added from 2017 to 2019.

One of Donald Trump’s leading economic advisers now admits he was wrong about the predictions he made for the economy under President Joe Biden.

“Mea culpa,” Fox Business host Larry Kudlow said on the air Thursday. “I was wrong about the slowdown and the recession, so was the entire forecasting fraternity.”

Fox News host Sandra Smith, however, tried to get him to back out of it.

“I don’t think you were wrong,” she said.

But Kudlow, who was director of the National Economic Council under Trump for nearly three years, stuck with it.

“The Fed, everyone was wrong,” he said, referring to widespread predictions of a recession in 2022 and 2023 that never came to fruition.

Kudlow noted that unemployment numbers will come out Friday after a month of headline-making layoffs.

“My guess is that the Federal Reserve is looking more closely at that than inflation,” Smith said in a clip posted on Mediaite, noting that the agency is hoping to tame inflation, which could lead to job losses.

“If the labor market takes a significant hit, we could see a significant downturn in the American economy,” she predicted.

Kudlow made a similar confession about the strength of the economy last month when the gross domestic product GDP jumped faster than expected.

“He gets his due,” Kudlow said of Biden. “If I were he, I would be out slinging that hash, too. No problem.”

This might be the best one:

Economist Steven Rattner noted that as of the 2nd quarter, “the US economy is over 6% larger than it was before COVID (adjusted for inflation). He also noted that new manufacturing construction is growing fast and is on pace to be close to $190 billion this year. In the entire decade of the 2010s, it was less than $100 billion. This growth comes from the Inflation Reduction Act, the Infrastructure and Jobs Act (also known as the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law), and the CHIPS and Science Act.

Also, government investment and growth in manufacturing are strongest in Republican-dominated states, notwithstanding that not a single Republican voted for the Inflation Reduction Act that funds such investment, and that Republicans continue to try to gut that law. Republican-dominated states stand to get about $337 billion in investment, while Democratic-dominated states look to get about $183 billion.

Biden is busy making all of America great again, while MAGAs vote against their constituent's interests, then bloviate with fake outrage, hate toward fellow Americans, and conspiracy theories.

Even if you look at the biggest flaw from the biden administration, the issue at the southern border, you could say that is actually a back handed compliment.
I mean if the US sucked as bad as trump, faux news and maga thinks it does then you probably wouldn't have as many people coming here. They know that there is likely to be work, safety, and prosperity if they leave their country to come to america. I love america. I love it currently under the biden admin. Im doing great. wouldn't want to live anywhere else. If I lived somewhere else I would probably be trying to come here right now too.

One way to fix the problem at the border is for our economy to suck and our country to be unsafe and for the rule of the law to fail. In that way, Im glad there is an immigration issue.

The vote was 67-32, above the 60-vote bar needed to advance most legislation in the chamber.

Trump probably gonna command the house to kill it though.

Donald Trump is moving to consolidate power over the Republican Party, foreshadowing the loyalty he would demand in a potential second term.

Trump’s campaign is pushing out the head of the Republican National Committee in favor of a new hand-picked ally and signaling to deep-pocketed donors that it’s time to unite behind Trump. Those back-room dealings occurred as Trump pressured congressional Republicans to kill a bipartisan immigration deal, robbing President Joe Biden of a victory and preserving Trump’s ability to capitalize politically on the migrant influx at the US-Mexico border.

Trump’s displays of raw power reflect his commandeering style honed over decades in real estate, reality television and the presidency, in which he pushed the boundaries of American politics to ensure the government reflected his personality and wishes.

Almost expect it at this point, no idea what it would really look like or involve, but with so many red states supporting Abbot’s refusal to listen to Biden, and I think if Trump does win, we may be heading this way, or regardless of who wins we may be…Chances are we are in the midst of one of the most important turning points in the nation’s history. Ah, to live in interesting times, lol..

Almost expect it at this point, no idea what it would really look like or involve, but with so many red states supporting Abbot’s refusal to listen to Biden, and I think if Trump does win, we may be heading this way, or regardless of who wins we may be…Chances are we are in the midst of one of the most important turning points in the nation’s history. Ah, to live in interesting times, lol..

Red, your thought provoking comment has merit but your linked article is inflammatory garbage. As a side note, I think labeling the killing of children as "reproductive care" might be the foremost example of Orwellian Doublespeak in today's vernacular. It would be like labeling the Holocaust of WWII as "Jew care".

While few noticed Gavin Newsom may have become the president-elect yesterday, February 8, 2024. I'm thinking, as of yesterday, that Gavin Newsom is now more likely to be taking the oath of office this coming January than either Biden or Trump.