What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

What island? Go to Maui or Kauai, not Oahu.
Maui. By lahaina.
We wanted to go to Kauai more than maui but the covid restrictions are much more stringent there than maui
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Make sure you do the road to Hana and check out the black sand beaches on the east side, but give yourself a full day.
Thanks for the tip.
I plan to snorkel as much as humanly possible so hopefully I can fit that in.

I’d skip the road to Hana unless you like endless switchbacks. Takes forever.
Defn not if anyone gets motion sick

Plenty of snorkelling right at the beaches of Lahaina.

The sunrise at Haleakala is amazing

If you do skip the road, you can still get a good idea of the rainforest environment by checking out Iao Valley State Park just west of Kahului. Very easy to get to though parking there can be a challenge.

How many days are you going?

If you do skip the road, you can still get a good idea of the rainforest environment by checking out Iao Valley State Park just west of Kahului. Very easy to get to though parking there can be a challenge.

How many days are you going?
7 nights. I would like to do a mountain hike. Are there any cool hiking trails near lahaina?

7 nights. I would like to do a mountain hike. Are there any cool hiking trails near lahaina?

Not by Lahaina itself, but Waihee Ridge Trail is your best bet within a reasonable driving distance of <1 hour. Maybe five miles round trip so not super aggressive but not a cake walk either. Ridiculous views, you’d like it.

Doing Iao Valley and this hike in one go makes sense as they’re fairly close.

Not by Lahaina itself, but Waihee Ridge Trail is your best bet within a reasonable driving distance of
Doing Iao Valley and this hike in one go makes sense as they’re fairly close.
I think I will put this in my notes in my phone and try to do this one.

Last thing I'll say about Maui is that it's expensive to eat, but you probably know that. We probably saved $400 - $500 simply by buying groceries at Walmart/Target/Costco in Kahului when we got off our flight. Hotel room had a fridge and it worked wonders just to have things like yogurt/bananas/muffins for breakfast (we're pretty light morning eaters) and lunches would be sandwiches, snacks, stuff like that as were usually exploring or on the beach. Usually ended up eating dinners at restaurants in Lahaina/Kaanapali (resort restaurant prices are overinflated and better restaurants can be found). Single best meals we had were a place called Down the Hatch as they had tons of cheap drink specials and the food prices are pretty reasonable.

Another Excellent move by Biden. Strongly support this. And if I were Gym Jordan, I’d be a little nervous.

“Elections have consequences!”

I’d skip the road to Hana unless you like endless switchbacks. Takes forever.
Defn not if anyone gets motion sick

Plenty of snorkelling right at the beaches of Lahaina.

The sunrise at Haleakala is amazing

Nah, Hana is cool to do especially if you have 7 days. The 7 ponds or whatever the hell it is called is cool out there. Fun little cliff jumping spot. Super pretty for at least 1/2 of it. You can only snorkel and sit on the beach for so long.

Maui is my favorite vacation spot ever. The bamboo forest hike is awesome. Have to swim through a few ponds/streams etc ... to get to the next side. Ends at a really pretty pond you can swim in. It's really fun.

Nah, Hana is cool to do especially if you have 7 days. The 7 ponds or whatever the hell it is called is cool out there. Fun little cliff jumping spot. Super pretty for at least 1/2 of it. You can only snorkel and sit on the beach for so long.

Maui is my favorite vacation spot ever. The bamboo forest hike is awesome. Have to swim through a few ponds/streams etc ... to get to the next side. Ends at a really pretty pond you can swim in. It's really fun.

oh for sure. I was thinking more if you were trying to do it in one day. With a toddler. The scenery is beautiful.

Next time i go back i'd love to take 2 days to do it and stay one night around Hana somewhere

Last thing I'll say about Maui is that it's expensive to eat, but you probably know that. We probably saved $400 - $500 simply by buying groceries at Walmart/Target/Costco in Kahului when we got off our flight. Hotel room had a fridge and it worked wonders just to have things like yogurt/bananas/muffins for breakfast (we're pretty light morning eaters) and lunches would be sandwiches, snacks, stuff like that as were usually exploring or on the beach. Usually ended up eating dinners at restaurants in Lahaina/Kaanapali (resort restaurant prices are overinflated and better restaurants can be found). Single best meals we had were a place called Down the Hatch as they had tons of cheap drink specials and the food prices are pretty reasonable.
Our condo has a full kitchen with pots and pans etc so we do plan on doing a lot of cooking. Plus there are bbq grills

Damn that sounds awesome and cliff jumping is right up my alley

mate how old is the daughter now ? if you're up for taking her for a horse ride there's a cool trail riding place up into the mountain just a little north of Kaanapali
She is only 4 right now. She will turn 5 in hawaii!!!
We are a bit limited by her youth but my parents will be with us, my sister, brother in law and 3 nieces will be with us, so we will have plenty of babysitters for my wife and I to do some more adventurous and dangerous stuff while leaving our daughter with family.
Horse riding will go into the discussion now as well. Also want to do a helicopter ride and want to swim with dolphins.

Last edited:
We are a bit limited by her youth but my parents will be with us, my sister, brother in law and 3 nieces will be with us, so we will have plenty of babysitters for my wife and I to do some more adventurous and dangerous stuff while leaving our father with family.
Horse riding will do into the discussion now as well. Also want to do a helicopter ride and want to swim with dolphins.

Dolphins are perverted rapists, FYI. Maybe punch one just before you're finished just to teach them a lesson.

Last edited:
We are a bit limited by her youth but my parents will be with us, my sister, brother in law and 3 nieces will be with us, so we will have plenty of babysitters for my wife and I to do some more adventurous and dangerous stuff while leaving our father with family.
Horse riding will do into the discussion now as well. Also want to do a helicopter ride and want to swim with dolphins.

Nice man. The helicopter rides are a great experience. Bloody expensive but very worth it