What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

My hot take is that R’s would have really cleaned up but that Trump actually held them back with his endorsement of lesser candidates and those that aren’t fit for public office coming out of the woodwork.

If I’m someone like McCarthy or McConnell, I see a ton of strings being pulled to make Desantis the guy in 2024. They’re calculating enough to know that you can only be so polarizing a second time around.

I thought it was a great night. It looks like and I hope congress is split. If the Republicans take the house by a small margin, then hopefully they would realize it would be political suicide to have revenge hearings towards people on the left. It would also create the right to have a small voice and can have a little push back.

If they start on the pointless hearings then they deserve to loose in the next election.

I’m happy Oz and Boebert lost. It shows that people will vote out the fringe. I’m pumped that DeSantis is still my Governor. Just a good overall night.

I thought it was a great night. It looks like and I hope congress is split. If the Republicans take the house by a small margin, then hopefully they would realize it would be political suicide to have revenge hearings towards people on the left. It would also create the right to have a small voice and can have a little push back.

If they start on the pointless hearings then they deserve to loose in the next election.

I’m happy Oz and Boebert lost. It shows that people will vote out the fringe. I’m pumped that DeSantis is still my Governor. Just a good overall night.

Good post

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Then right after making that insanely douchey statement he quickly made sure to play the victim by saying that if repuclicans win he wont get credit he deserves and if they lose he will get the blame he doesnt deserve.
Poor little trump.

Textbook psychopath and narcissist. Amazing to see such a blatant and clear example of these kinds of mental issues in such a public figure. He couldn't exhibit more signs of these things if he had all of the signs written on cue cards and acted them out one by one. Amazing.

Boebert is still predicted to win. Barf.

Boebert's race is too close to call I believe. I know she's behind, but still some outstanding vote so she could still pull it out. Much closer race than anyone thought though.

Oz was a classic example of Trump backing the wrong guy in the primary. Similar to Walker, Trump is too drawn to celebrities in thinking that because they're known, people will vote for them on that alone when the reality is that they also come with baggage. Walker could very well still win the runoff in December, but both seats are ones that might be looked back on as missed opportunities.

I think it's a mistake if the House takes up endless debate the next two years on Biden investigations - much like how D's went after Trump kids, most Americans don't give a **** about Hunter Biden. People care about the price of groceries, gas and an economic recession that greatly affects >90% of Americans. Whichever party can control and deliver the economic narrative will come out on top.

Why are you happy Desantis is your governor?

Then right after making that insanely douchey statement he quickly made sure to play the victim by saying that if repuclicans win he wont get credit he deserves and if they lose he will get the blame he doesnt deserve.
Poor little trump.

Yeah, poor guy…

View: https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1590345139213701120

My hot take is that R’s would have really cleaned up but that Trump actually held them back with his endorsement of lesser candidates and those that aren’t fit for public office coming out of the woodwork.

If I’m someone like McCarthy or McConnell, I see a ton of strings being pulled to make Desantis the guy in 2024. They’re calculating enough to know that you can only be so polarizing a second time around.
None of those boys are courageous enough to take on The Don. They’ll all roll over and concede to Donald as he cucks all of them.

None of those boys are courageous enough to take on The Don. They’ll all roll over and concede to Donald as he cucks all of them.
After this election I'd put a decent sum of money on Ron being the nominee over Don. I don't think MAGA is dead but I think it's going to get a different leader.

The midterm-election results, which appear to have delivered Republicans only modest gains, show that although a sizable minority of Americans will never defect from Trump, an even larger group seems equally determined to stop Trumpism. The existence of this anti-MAGA coalition is essential to understanding not only this election, but also the 2024 race.

“When elections are clearly about Trump and MAGA, MAGA will lose,” Michael Podhorzer, a progressive strategist, told me. “What Trump did was make a really large number of Americans say, ‘There’s now something really at stake in elections, and it matters more if I go out and vote.’”

…..The signs of pro-democracy voting were largely overlooked. Americans consistently tell pollsters that they worry about Trump’s attacks on elections and institutions. A Reuters/Ipsos poll in September, for example, found that 58 percent believe the MAGA movement is a threat to the foundations of democracy. But many observers questioned whether that would be a driving force in votes or simply too abstract to overcome economic worries.

With the votes counted, that seems wrong. Not only did election-denying candidates fare poorly, but voters told the Associated Press that the future of democracy was a top issue for them, trailing only inflation in importance. (Democrats actually won voters who said the economy was not doing well, according to AP)

Podhorzer argues that analysts have failed to recognize the emergence of a big anti-MAGA coalition that started in the 2018 midterm….. “There’s this new group of voters there because of Trump and MAGA,” Podhorzer said. “That’s changed the equation.”

…. The consistency of the anti-MAGA coalition, which has been a decisive factor in the 2018, 2020, and 2022 elections, should shape the 2024 election. Its existence helps prevent large swings in results, feeding into the calcification of American politics.

….. These results are not sufficient reason to be sanguine about the state of American democracy. Kevin McCarthy, the likely next speaker of the House, has shown that he is a Trump sycophant. Election deniers won up and down the ballot across the country, and they could wreak havoc. But the midterm shows that many Americans are not just aware of the threat to democracy, but ready to vote based on it.

Last edited:

The midterm-election results, which appear to have delivered Republicans only modest gains, show that although a sizable minority of Americans will never defect from Trump, an even larger group seems equally determined to stop Trumpism. The existence of this anti-MAGA coalition is essential to understanding not only this election, but also the 2024 race.

“When elections are clearly about Trump and MAGA, MAGA will lose,” Michael Podhorzer, a progressive strategist, told me. “What Trump did was make a really large number of Americans say, ‘There’s now something really at stake in elections, and it matters more if I go out and vote.’”

…..The signs of pro-democracy voting were largely overlooked. Americans consistently tell pollsters that they worry about Trump’s attacks on elections and institutions. A Reuters/Ipsos poll in September, for example, found that 58 percent believe the MAGA movement is a threat to the foundations of democracy. But many observers questioned whether that would be a driving force in votes or simply too abstract to overcome economic worries.

With the votes counted, that seems wrong. Not only did election-denying candidates fare poorly, but voters told the Associated Press that the future of democracy was a top issue for them, trailing only inflation in importance. (Democrats actually won voters who said the economy was not doing well, according to AP)

Podhorzer argues that analysts have failed to recognize the emergence of a big anti-MAGA coalition that started in the 2018 midterm….. “There’s this new group of voters there because of Trump and MAGA,” Podhorzer said. “That’s changed the equation.”

…. The consistency of the anti-MAGA coalition, which has been a decisive factor in the 2018, 2020, and 2022 elections, should shape the 2024 election. Its existence helps prevent large swings in results, feeding into the calcification of American politics.

….. These results are not sufficient reason to be sanguine about the state of American democracy. Kevin McCarthy, the likely next speaker of the House, has shown that he is a Trump sycophant. Election deniers won up and down the ballot across the country, and they could wreak havoc. But the midterm shows that many Americans are not just aware of the threat to democracy, but ready to vote based on it.
Good. **** trump

Agreed. I know I will get flamed for this but i kind of like Ron. I would vote for him over Biden.
Based on like speaking ability and competence?

He'd significantly hurt my family. He's hard core anti-LGBTQ, anti-trans specifically. He's extremely anti-immigrant my wife is Mexican (not an immigrant, but whatever). I served with many people who were in the U.S. military as a path to citizenship, some of whom were brought to the U.S. as children by their parents. I've never considered illegal immigration a particularly big deal, I think the current problem is that we have intentionally created inefficient bureaucracies and policies that exclude law abiding peaceful people coming here to work from any reasonable path to citizenship. He's an authoritarian at heart, embracing much of what is at the heart of MAGA, which is white Christiaan nationalism, and as an outspoken atheist this could in some actually possible dystopian future put my life in danger if these people get what they want.

If someone put a gun to my head and asked if I wanted DeSantis or Trump to be the President and my decision would decide it I would pick DeSantis, but that would only be with the hope that he would be stopped while otherwise running the country competently. I wouldn't pick DeSantis over any other political candidate other than Trump/Boebert/MTG/Jim Jordan etc..