What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

You’re saying the southern states wanted the northern states to comply more thoroughly with the fugitive slave laws so they seceded from the union because secession would make the northern states more likely to comply with fugitive slave laws? That makes absolutely zero sense.
I agree that this train of thought makes no sense. You could have asked yourself what made sense.

Freedom of movement was enshrined in 1823. Being a separate nation ends freedom of movement to the North.

Before you, BabyPeterzz, or anyone else in the comments tells me once again that “Brawndo’s got what plants crave. It’s got electrolytes”, I know I’m not going to change your mind. You’ve surrendered on the Civil War being caused by secession and disagreement over the interpretation of the Tenth Amendment of the US Constitution giving states the power to leave the Union.
Again, this is like saying cancer doesn't kill people.

I can show universal support for what I’m saying in the secession documents from all seceding states,
I would really appreciate seeing them.

, while you can’t find the same level of evidence for your claims
I linked to the secession declarations of four states, and the status of fugitive slave was prominent in all of them, and described as a primary reason for secession. So far, you have linked to 0 documents.

You’re saying the southern states wanted the northern states to comply more thoroughly with the fugitive slave laws so they seceded from the union because secession would make the northern states more likely to comply with fugitive slave laws? That makes absolutely zero sense.

BabyPeterzz’s new line of the southern states wanted slavery to expand westward and seceding from the union would make the union’s western states more likely to allow slavery is just as nonsensical.

Before you, BabyPeterzz, or anyone else in the comments tells me once again that “Brawndo’s got what plants crave. It’s got electrolytes”, I know I’m not going to change your mind. You’ve surrendered on the Civil War being caused by secession and disagreement over the interpretation of the Tenth Amendment of the US Constitution giving states the power to leave the Union.

You’ve taken the fallback position of arguing the cause of secession. I can show universal support for what I’m saying in the secession documents from all seceding states, the clear intentions Abraham Lincoln claimed early in the war in the letter to Horace Greeley, and Lincoln’s endorsement of the Corwin Amendment to enshrine slavery in his inaugural address along with letters to each of the governors in the seceding states to communicate his assurances of his protecting their ability to own slaves, while you can’t find the same level of evidence for your claims because you say the southern states were too chicken to write it down or communicated in dog whistles and Brawndo’s got what plants crave. It’s got electrolytes.

None of this is new information to me. The part I can’t wrap my head around is that you think “the Civil War ended slavery” is a white washing of history but “the Civil War was fought to end slavery” is not. Both statements are white washes. They are the same white wash. The Civil War was fought to keep the Union intact, and the Union won. The Union was kept intact. The ending of chattel slavery in the United States was advanced as a collateral consequence of the war and didn’t just happen on April 9, 1865 when Robert E. Lee surrendered because the war wasn’t about that. It is only the story we tell.

If you want to tell me one more time that Brawndo’s got what plants crave, I’ll let you have the last word.

Thank you. I’ll allow Alexander Stephens, VP of the Confederacy, to provide the last word in his “Cornerstone Speech” in 1861. Guess what the “cornerstone” is….

“But not to be tedious in enumerating the numerous changes for the better, allow me to allude to one other though last, not least. The new constitution has put at rest, forever, all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution African slavery as it exists amongst us the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old constitution, were that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally, and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with, but the general opinion of the men of that day was that, somehow or other in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away. This idea, though not incorporated in the constitution, was the prevailing idea at that time. The constitution, it is true, secured every essential guarantee to the institution while it should last, and hence no argument can be justly urged against the constitutional guarantees thus secured, because of the common sentiment of the day. Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the government built upon it fell when the "storm came and the wind blew."

Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner-stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth. This truth has been slow in the process of its development, like all other truths in the various departments of science. It has been so even amongst us. Many who hear me, perhaps, can recollect well, that this truth was not generally admitted, even within their day. The errors of the past generation still clung to many as late as twenty years ago. Those at the North, who still cling to these errors, with a zeal above knowledge, we justly denominate fanatics. All fanaticism springs from an aberration of the mind from a defect in reasoning. It is a species of insanity. One of the most striking characteristics of insanity, in many instances, is forming correct conclusions from fancied or erroneous premises; so with the anti-slavery fanatics. Their conclusions are right if their premises were. They assume that the negro is equal, and hence conclude that he is entitled to equal privileges and rights with the white man. If their premises were correct, their conclusions would be logical and just but their premise being wrong, their whole argument fails. I recollect once of having heard a gentleman from one of the northern States, of great power and ability, announce in the House of Representatives, with imposing effect, that we of the South would be compelled, ultimately, to yield upon this subject of slavery, that it was as impossible to war successfully against a principle in politics, as it was in physics or mechanics. That the principle would ultimately prevail. That we, in maintaining slavery as it exists with us, were warring against a principle, a principle founded in nature, the principle of the equality of men. The reply I made to him was, that upon his own grounds, we should, ultimately, succeed, and that he and his associates, in this crusade against our institutions, would ultimately fail. The truth announced, that it was as impossible to war successfully against a principle in politics as it was in physics and mechanics, I admitted; but told him that it was he, and those acting with him, who were warring against a principle. They were attempting to make things equal which the Creator had made unequal.

But not to be tedious in enumerating the numerous changes for the better, allow me to allude to one other though last, not least. The new constitution has put at rest, forever, all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution African slavery as it exists amongst us the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution.

Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner-stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition.

This is my last post on the subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just can't believe this clown is loved so much in USA. after all what happened and he had more than enough time to prove how incompetent he is as a president and how terrible he is as human being. You guys are about to elect him again? What is wrong with USA? You have no better choice?

With being the clear and present danger to the United States that Trump appears to be, we as a nation should all think seriously about using the provisions of the 22nd Amendment to permanently strike Trump's name from any future US Presidential ballot. It is the only way to be sure.

I just can't believe this clown is loved so much in USA.

You and me both brother.

Good news is he is also the most hated president of all time. Which is why I don't understand why anyone would be surprised that he lost in 2020. Sure he has lots of fans (brainwashes dummies) but he has way more people who absolutely hate him. I feel pretty confident that he will lose again despite what any polls or whatever say.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I just can't believe this clown is loved so much in USA. after all what happened and he had more than enough time to prove how incompetent he is as a president and how terrible he is as human being. You guys are about to elect him again? What is wrong with USA? You have no better choice?

Have you seen the current President ?? If the Dems don’t trot out weekend at Bernie’s in November they’d prob win easily

Have you seen the current President ?? If the Dems don’t trot out weekend at Bernie’s in November they’d prob win easily
Yes most people agree that Biden is way too old and sucks.

What mvp was questioning is how can Americans vote for such a scumbag douchebag piece of trash human being like trump. He is one of the worst human being alive. Narcissistic sociopath who lacks empathy. Incompetent. Inexperienced. Big time criminal. Plus trump is also old and could play Bernie in the movies as well

Huge difference between the two.

Last edited:
Dude you really need to chill with this dictator fascist thing. You’re sounding like an unhinged conspiracy theorist.
Dude you need to tell the people who want trump to be a dictator to chill, not Red. Also should tell trump to chill since he is the one who said he would be a dictator.

Trump voters do in fact want trump to be a dictator. They think he knows more about everything than everyone and thing he should make all decisions. Trump thinks this as well. It's not a conspiracy. It's right out there in the open

Yes most people agree that Biden is way too old and sucks.

What mvp was questioning is how can Americans vote for such a scumbag douchebag piece of trash human being like trump. He is one of the worst human being alive. Narcissistic sociopath who lacks empathy. Incompetent. Inexperienced. Big time criminal. Plus trump is also old and could play Bernie in the movies as well

Huge difference between the two.

mate i wasn't pimping one over the other. But it seems a big reason he might win is just Biden is so abysmal that people vote for the guy who doesn't look like his brain freezes over every 5 minutes even if he is a piece of garbage Dunno.

The dictator thing i really think is a little hysterical, he just can't do all that dictatorial stuff. The US system is such that one person can't do all that whether they want to or not. Going the whole "he's hitler, he's mussolini" thing just sounds ridiculous and if anything encourages his nutter followers to double down with him more. anyway unfortunately thanks to Biden's ineptitude and the fact he can't just step aside for Kamala Harris who is even worse there's a good chance radioactive man is gonna make it again. Sad days

mate i wasn't pimping one over the other. But it seems a big reason he might win is just Biden is so abysmal that people vote for the guy who doesn't look like his brain freezes over every 5 minutes even if he is a piece of garbage Dunno.

The dictator thing i really think is a little hysterical, he just can't do all that dictatorial stuff. The US system is such that one person can't do all that whether they want to or not. Going the whole "he's hitler, he's mussolini" thing just sounds ridiculous and if anything encourages his nutter followers to double down with him more. anyway unfortunately thanks to Biden's ineptitude and the fact he can't just step aside for Kamala Harris who is even worse there's a good chance radioactive man is gonna make it again. Sad days
The dictator thing is legit as long as he has enough magas in Congress who won't stop him/stand up to him. He would have his own lackey Attorney General. His stacked court with his lackey judges.
I think there is a real threat there.

I've been a DeSantis supporter all campaign and still would prefer he won, but I've got to give it up to this Trump fan who showed up to a DeSantis caucus event to award Ron with a participation trophy.

With being the clear and present danger to the United States that Trump appears to be, we as a nation should all think seriously about using the provisions of the 22nd Amendment to permanently strike Trump's name from any future US Presidential ballot. It is the only way to be sure.
I’m sure you’re aware that many citizens prefer authoritarian leaders. As much as I don’t want Trump a second time, if the citizens of the United States prefer authoritarianism, I’m fine with whatever happens. I’d like to avoid Project 2025, and it is designed for whoever the next Republican president is, not just Trump. But historical forces are nothing to trifle with, and wherever we find ourselves in January, 2025, I’ll be fine, and it will certainly be interesting if it’s Trump in the Oval Office. Going to be a tumultuous time, however we slice it, no getting around that. And all of us, every last one, Trump devotees, “unhinged” anti-fascists like myself(hats off to you, @Douchbag K, I am unhinged at times, but only because I care, lol), all entitled to our views; all that said, would rather live in interesting times, no complaints there, lol…..

if the citizens of the United States prefer authoritarianism, I’m fine with whatever happens.
This is where you and I fundamentally disagree. I don't care what people prefer. I do not want to live under authoritarian rule. I have no problem denying the people what they want because I think democracy is stupid. I love the safeguards set up to defend the freedoms of the individual against the desires of popular opinion.

I hate Nazi ideology. I hate everything about it, but when the ACLU defended the right of neo-Nazis to parade through a neighborhood of holocaust survivors, I applaud it because that strengthened the safeguards even if it means some will use their freedoms in a manner I abhor. I am at my core a good old fashioned liberal.

Debate season for the 2024 election is officially over. Nikki Haley backed out because Trump isn't there, and Biden won't do any debates. There will be no more Presidential debates before the election this November. There could be VP debate, but even that I think is in doubt as the Dems seem to be hiding Kamala. I've seen more of Jill Biden and Michelle Obama during the campaign than I've seen Kamala Harris.

Dude you really need to chill with this dictator fascist thing. You’re sounding like an unhinged conspiracy theorist.
It’s all part of our current history, though. Besides, it’s Trump’s followers wishing for a dictator, not myself. Why do I have to not point that out? You act like I am the only one concerned with the GOP’s trend toward authoritarianism. I even posted a link discussing the very real fact that many Americans have always preferred authoritarianism. Near as I can tell, you seem to object to me using the word fascism. Big deal, you don’t have to read anything I write, who cares what you think about that one subject? Do me a favor. Don’t tell me what I need to do again. It’s not your place. If you were a friend, I might consider it advice from a good buddy. You’re not. Do not tell me what to say, or how to think, ever again. Mind your own business next time.