What's new

The Big Shamrocks Calls It Quits

I will miss him...

Unfortunately, his punkass sister will retire with more rings than he.

And unfortunately, Shaq has been pretty painful to watch the last 5 years.

Going back to the mid 90's and early 2000's, I'm not sure I've seen a more dominate player in all of sports.

I remember when he was a rookie, I predicted that he wouldn't last 5 seasons because I didn't think there was any way his knees would hold up with that big heavy body of his. Boy was I wrong.

I remember when he was a rookie, I predicted that he wouldn't last 5 seasons because I didn't think there was any way his knees would hold up with that big heavy body of his. Boy was I wrong.

Similarly, I remember back in 98 when we swept them during one of the post game shows "The Coach" Tom Nissalke predicted that Shaq didn't have much left and probably wouldn't be effective in another 3-4 years.... LOL... So basically, in the period of time that the coach predicted Shaq's downfall, was actually the prime of his career winning championships.

To me, Shaq was the last great player left over from my favorite basketball era. However, I'm glad to see he's finally calling it quits. I don't think I've ever seen anyone so dominate and feared offensively, become such a struggle to even walk up the court.

Just as a fun sidenote.... Imagine what Boston's roster could have done this year had they been put together 10 years ago? Jermaine, KG, Ray, The Truth, and Shaq. They probably could have gotten away sometimes with playing KG at the 3 and letting Ray and Paul man the PG spot.

Shaq's 2-year playoff stretch in 2000 and 2001 was probably as physically dominant a postseason run as there has been by a center in the past 30 years. Phil Jackson and the triangle offense clearly was the turning point in his career that pushed him from "great player who couldn't win a ring" to "dominant championship player."

As a rookie? He was actually much slimmer back then. If you had said that about him in 99, it would be more reasonable.

Shaq's 2-year playoff stretch in 2000 and 2001 was probably as physically dominant a postseason run as there has been by a center in the past 30 years. Phil Jackson and the triangle offense clearly was the turning point in his career that pushed him from "great player who couldn't win a ring" to "dominant championship player."

Thank you for spelling dominant properly