What's new

The 'BIG SWING' thread

Hill has been okay, he's just a terrible fit there and it is basketball purgatory. I think DM might be PGOTF depending on Dante. He is our creator. I think Hill would have the perfect mix of playmaking and such for him. He's not durable, but Neto can provide spot duty as needed.

I don't think we need to rid ourselves of Rubio, but this little Favs starts and plays with this group for 3 minutes then we sub is kind of dumb and we are punting 6 minutes of the game playing that way. I think we should make a move to correct this either through a Favs trade or a Rubio trade soon... once Gobert shows he is healthy.

I just think Rubio and Gobert don't mesh real well and we lose a year of development/improvement/progress by continuing to try and make it work and really his value won't go much higher or lower... book is out on him.
Mitchell credits Rubio for the development of his PG skills, btw. That puts a serious ding in your "lose a year of development" hypothesis.

This isn't a big swing, but I don't know where else to post this. Locke had a podcast where he talked about the Jazz needs, and mentioned Jordan Clarkson as someone who fit the role. Then he tweets this.

Conspiracy Zyzz thinks the Jazz are going to get Clarkson for whatever reason. Locke always leaks **** like this on the low. He's done it with all of our draft picks the last 5 or so years too.

Good find... if Rubio was in the deal in some sort of three team action I think I could be okay... but I’m not a big fan. Not sure he’s all about winning.

You are right though Locke foreshadows this stuff

Mitchell credits Rubio for the development of his PG skills, btw. That puts a serious ding in your "lose a year of development" hypothesis.

I think he’s good for DM... what I meant is we lose time in developing how we will play long term with DM driving, spread offense, rudy diving to the rim. It hurts rudy more than DM.

I think I am probably too eager to move on from Rubio. We kind of need him and he seems like a good soldier... hasn’t bitched about not finishing games and such.

This isn't a big swing, but I don't know where else to post this. Locke had a podcast where he talked about the Jazz needs, and mentioned Jordan Clarkson as someone who fit the role. Then he tweets this.

Conspiracy Zyzz thinks the Jazz are going to get Clarkson for whatever reason. Locke always leaks **** like this on the low. He's done it with all of our draft picks the last 5 or so years too.

Locke does leak this stuff sometimes. Clarkson seems like a tough fit if we still have Rubio. Not sure he’d be about that Utah life.

Good find doe.

Why would LAL want to trade Clarkson?

(I want absolutely nothing to do with Deng's contract........ unless it comes with some serious spoils... and LAL ain't givin those).

Why would LAL want to trade Clarkson?

(I want absolutely nothing to do with Deng's contract........ unless it comes with some serious spoils... and LAL ain't givin those).

His salary needs to come off the books to sign two max guys. Likely could get him for Favs or Joe Johnson straight up. I bet if you wanted Randle and Clarkson you could get them both just for expirings. Randle not separately but in a package deal with Clarkson.

I’m just not sure if Clarkson is a good stats on bad team guy.

His salary needs to come off the books to sign two max guys. Likely could get him for Favs or Joe Johnson straight up. I bet if you wanted Randle and Clarkson you could get them both just for expirings. Randle not separately but in a package deal with Clarkson.

I’m just not sure if Clarkson is a good stats on bad team guy.
I think Clarkson is a real asset. I think Q could maximize him. I'm not sure how/where he fits on this team, though. I'd probably feel different if we flipped Hood for a 1st.

I think Clarkson is a real asset. I think Q could maximize him. I'm not sure how/where he fits on this team, though. I'd probably feel different if we flipped Hood for a 1st.

I would think if Clarkson was in that Burks or Rubio would be out... Clarkson is kinda Burksy to me. Quin and the quiet SLC nightlife may have him more focused and maybe he takes it up a notch.

Clarkson is a top notch 6th man type guy. We could really use his offense. LA is pretty confident about the off-season. They think they'll get everybody and they got to dump Clarkson to sign two big fish.

I would do the following trades:

Rubio for Monroe and some 2nds (Phoenix has 4 this year i think)

Then

Favors and 2 2nds for Clarkson and Randle. http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y95wxcfu

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Clarkson is a top notch 6th man type guy. We could really use his offense. LA is pretty confident about the off-season. They think they'll get everybody and they got to dump Clarkson to sign two big fish.

I would do the following trades:

Rubio for Monroe and some 2nds (Phoenix has 4 this year i think)

Then

Favors and 2 2nds for Clarkson and Randle. http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y95wxcfu

Here’s my idea:

Rubio for Monroe and two seconds.

Monroe, two seconds and Croatian Jesus (Tomic) for Boogie.

Favors and JJ for Love and salary.

Boogie and Exum for Porzingis and salary.

Hood, Love and a pick for Kawhi (he’s been a big disappointment for them this year).

Mitchell / Neto
Ingles / Burks
Kawhi / Thabo
Porzingis / Jerebko
Gobert / Udoh

Here’s my idea:

Rubio for Monroe and two seconds.

Monroe, two seconds and Croatian Jesus (Tomic) for Boogie.

Favors and JJ for Love and salary.

Boogie and Exum for Porzingis and salary.

Hood, Love and a pick for Kawhi (he’s been a big disappointment for them this year).

Mitchell / Neto
Ingles / Burks
Kawhi / Thabo
Porzingis / Jerebko
Gobert / Udoh
Dude, you're so awesome. Funniest guy here. So original. Love it.

Back to ideas.

Would anybody consider:

Favors and Hood
for
Parker, DJ Wilson and Vaughn

If Favors is gone and we have lost a little faith in Hood, wouldn't this be worth a shot? Parker, Hood and Favors are all guys who have to be re-signed. The Bucks add 2 really good players and we add an injury plagued potential star and a project.

Back to ideas.

Would anybody consider:

Favors and Hood
for
Parker, DJ Wilson and Vaughn

If Favors is gone and we have lost a little faith in Hood, wouldn't this be worth a shot? Parker, Hood and Favors are all guys who have to be re-signed. The Bucks add 2 really good players and we add an injury plagued potential star and a project.

Maybe. That’s really risky, though. Then again, so is Hood. How about this?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybvqetae