and perhaps the best case - dude makes guys better:
Cm4n3wjUEAA7xDy.jpg

DDmUlMxUIAA9xsK.jpg

DDmUqOaUAAA9YbT.jpg

Attachments

• Cm4n3wjUEAA7xDy.jpg
    Cm4n3wjUEAA7xDy.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 33
Ricky Rubio opening an academy for kids in Farmington to fund lung cancer research.

https://www.rickyrubioacademy.com/

How awesome is that!

That is great. According to the website his mother died last year of lung cancer. She was only in her early 50's and she wasn't a smoker. At $80/two hour practice($320 per month) the cost seems a little steep though. Still cool that he's putting it on and maybe he'll have other Jazz players help out if they have time in their schedule. The website doesn't say that but I could see him lining that up.

I remember looking this up when the trade happened:

Rodney should be really benefited by the addition of Rubio. To put this in perspective..

Rodney was assisted most by George Hill (27 times)

Rubio assisted Wiggins 168 times.
Rubio assited Lavine 54 times.

All I know is that he makes Gobert look like a monster out there. Seems to have grasped right away that you can't chuck the ball at Gobert's knees and expect miracles. Not sure that Trey Burke or Gordon Hayward ever learned that. . .

All I know is that he makes Gobert look like a monster out there. Seems to have grasped right away that you can't chuck the ball at Gobert's knees and expect miracles. Not sure that Trey Burke or Gordon Hayward ever learned that. . .

Those years were frustrating, but now Rudy can catch the dumb passes and the good ones... so silver lining.

They were still not in perfect sync during the preseason, and that lead to a few TOs and some trips to the line that would have been dunks / made lay-ups if Rudy could have caught the ball more cleanly, but it's gonna get much better over the course of the first few weeks. Ricky will learn everybody's favorite spots and Rudy (and the rest of the team) will have to learn to expect a pass from him at any time and always have their hands ready to get the ball.

I'm not sure how accurate this is but I read a comment that Rubio is the first player to dish 10 assist for us in two full seasons. Again, it could be wrong but I know there's not many if so.

I'm not sure how accurate this is but I read a comment that Rubio is the first player to dish 10 assist for us in two full seasons. Again, it could be wrong but I know there's not many if so.

It's false.
Regular season - Shelvin Mack : 12 assists 2016-03-20
10 assists*2 2016-03-14 and 17

Playoff - Ingles : 11 assists 2017-04-23

It's false.
Regular season - Shelvin Mack : 12 assists 2016-03-20
10 assists*2 2016-03-14 and 17

Playoff - Ingles : 11 assists 2017-04-23

Nice work even though that's still rather unimpressive. I actually remember that Ingles game now that you brought it up.

Always been a Rubio fan, I think its only going to get better. QS will figure out how to hide his shooting like Boston hid IT on D last year.

No No No...

Minnesota Rubio > Utah Rubio

His play was fugly at times...

Rubbish. You Sydney cave dweller! You people know nothing about anything up there, except maybe fake tans and designer garbage. thought he and D Favs had some good chemistry, I liked the way he pushed the pace, lots to build on