What's new

The Celtics

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
Yeah, the Mike Conley trade ruined the chances of that.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

You mean Donovan not playing defense ruined that right? Have you not watched the playoffs this year? The Celtics and Warriors are two of the best defensive teams in the league. Their star players put in effort on both sides of the ball. Donovan would be the worst defender on either team.

Cptgrnlngs22

You mean Donovan not playing defense ruined that right? Have you not watched the playoffs this year? The Celtics and Warriors are two of the best defensive teams in the league. Their star players put in effort on both sides of the ball. Donovan would be the worst defender on either team.

To be fair man the Celtics and warriors players all play superior D not only compared to most of the league but by far better than pretty much any jazz player sans Gobert. Mitchell wasn’t the only one that didn’t play D. Just the most disappointing because everyone knows he probably could if he put in more effort. It’s just frustrating when you know the skill set is there but it doesn’t translate to the court.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Celtics are built really well. Didn’t swap out all their picks for players and kept drafting and developing guys. It’s how you have steady sustained success even if you lose a couple key parts along the way. Helps they had a stockpile of assets and were able to select two two-way wings… really three if you count Smart.

LoPo

Lame response.

Conley sapped all our cap space, cost us 3 good perimeter defenders (Rubio, Allen and Jae), and picks that could have helped us.
L

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
Lame response.

Conley sapped all our cap space, cost us 3 good perimeter defenders (Rubio, Allen and Jae), and picks that could have helped us.
L

And yet despite all of the bs you spew if Donovan decided to play defense we’d be in the Finals right now.

Hekate

2022 Prediction Contest Winner
Lame response.

L

How is Allen even in the conversation here? He was damn near unplayable in the playoffs.

Personally, I don't think Rubio is much better than Conley defensively, at least the same weaknesses that were with Conley are still there (Versatility and being able to hide a weak defender) but there is an argument there. I can imagine being convinced but Allen? How?

LoPo

And yet despite all of the bs you spew if Donovan decided to play defense we’d be in the Finals right now.
Donovan carried us on both ends against Denver in the 2nd half. Only so much one man can do when Missing Mike is so unclutch and nobody else on our team can create offense (except Clarkson but he's not on the floor in the clutch because Missing Mike has to play and not do ****).