What's new

The Coaching Carousel Keeps on Going

nightmare3983

First BF League CHAMP
Contributor
Byron Scott was fired as the Cavs' head coach:

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-...cleveland-cavaliers-coach-165058882--nba.html

The Pistons fired Lawrence Frank (he asked to either be let go or have his 2014-15 option picked up). Not a tough decision there imo.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/pistons-fire-frank-2-seasons-182553684--nba.html

Not really news, but Doug Collins is out as the coach of the 76ers. He'll remain with the team as a special adviser.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/collins-76ers-coach-remain-team-140934341--nba.html

Will be interesting to see who these teams hire. There doesn't really seem to be that many proven coaches on the market right now. Wonder if they will go young and unproven.

It was noted in the Jazz forum already, but Mike Dunlap was fired by the Bobcats, who are looking for their 3rd head coach in 3 years.

How Colangelo is keeping his job in Toronto is just incredible.

Yeah, after the Harden story leaked he seems even more awful. He has acquired talent though, and the Jonas pick was a good selection. When you look at their team on paper they seem like they should be making the playoffs.

It was noted in the Jazz forum already, but Mike Dunlap was fired by the Bobcats, who are looking for their 3rd head coach in 3 years.

Talk about worst job in the NBA, even though if I were looking to become a head coach, this would be the year I would want to take on the Bobcats job.

Just make a marginal improvement (shouldn't be that hard) and be a pretty bad team. Get a top talent in the 2014 draft, maybe even the #1 overall pick if you are lucky, then the team should start turning around and you will get praised.

I like Jeff Van Gundy. He's such a personality, I have to think that would help with the refs during the game, as well as the perception of the franchise, and he's a decent coach.

I like Jeff Van Gundy. He's such a personality, I have to think that would help with the refs during the game, as well as the perception of the franchise, and he's a decent coach.

If we're getting a Van Gundy, it better be Stan.

And Phil Jackson just revealed he had a deal in place to take over the Seattle franchise, had the move been approved. Jackson has said he no longer wishes to coach. I have a feeling he doesn't want to tarnish his reputation by just making the playoffs with a team that isn't favored to win a championship. Could the Clippers change his mind if CP3 returns? That team is pretty close. They'd probably be able to attract some good ring-chasers with Paul, Griffin AND Phil Jackson leading the team.

Plus, you have to think Jackson wants to stick it to Little Buss. The man dissed him by hiring D'Antoni when Kobe and Howard and most of the others wanted Jackson. Phil taking over the Clippers would be SWEET. I might even cheer for them...as long as the Jazz go with a youth movement and have no chance.

Really interested in seeing who the Clippers get to coach next year. Sterling is known for being extremely cheap with coaches, so I suspect to see him go with an up and comer, maybe Hornacek or Shaw?

Really interested in seeing who the Clippers get to coach next year. Sterling is known for being extremely cheap with coaches, so I suspect to see him go with an up and comer, maybe Hornacek or Shaw?

I think CP3 will have a lot of input in who coaches the Clippers next year.

I think CP3 will have a lot of input in who coaches the Clippers next year.
He was the one who got VDN fired, so yeah, I think they approach CP3 and say, if you re-sign, we'll run our choice by you. Hate that it has come to that, but you're investing $100M+ in a star and only a few million in severance pay to get rid of a coach (or none if his contract is simply up like VDN's).

If we're getting a Van Gundy, it better be Stan.

...you got that right! Whats the current status of Stan, anyway? Last I heard he was considering the Hawks? I think the Jazz should give him complete control and give him a few extra bucks to come here! I guarantee we'd be in the playoffs next year no matter who we sign or don't sign!