What's new

The Debates

PearlWatson

All debates will take place from 9:00-10:30 p.m. EDT on the following dates:

Wednesday, October 3 - First Presidential Debate

Thursday, October 11 - Vice Presidential Debate

Tuesday, October 16 - Second Presidential Debate (Town Hall)

Monday, October 22 - Third Presidential Debate

The "moderators:"

First presidential debate:

Jim Lehrer, Executive Editor of the PBS NewsHour
Wednesday, October 3, University of Denver, Denver, CO

Vice presidential debate:

Martha Raddatz, Senior Foreign Affairs Correspondent, ABC News
Thursday, October 11, Centre College, Danville, KY

Second presidential debate (town meeting):

Candy Crowley, Chief Political Correspondent, CNN and Anchor, CNN's State of the Union
Tuesday, October 16, Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY

Third presidential debate:

Bob Schieffer, Chief Washington Correspondent, CBS News and Moderator, Face the Nation
Monday, October 22, Lynn University, Boca Raton, FL

https://www.debates.org/

Last edited:
I must say, I was surprised to see pearlWatson post a photo critical of Romney. Anyone seen any aeronautical porcines around?

I'm rather leery of his debate skills. Will he be able to turn around strawmen to his advantage as Newt did in the South Carolina debate.

Well the election is pretty much in the bag already, but I have enjoyed the campaigns flopping all over each other to lower expectations the last week or so.

Can we mix candidates? Can I take some of Obamas stances (you can say flopping) on social issues and combine them with some of Romneys (you can say flopping) economic policies?

Only thing I truly like about either of them is that the seem to be family men. Good husbands and fathers.

So far the "debate" is just alot of fluff. Nothing that specific.

Romney did miss a zinger though. When he was talking about the middle class having been "buried" the last 4 years he should have thrown in "If you don't believe me just ask the Vice President".

I admit I'm pre-disposed, but Romney has come off as being more specific to me .. but it's way early.

Listen to this buffoon going back to talking points Saint Romney just put in its grave. Talking points are all this **** hole of a party have left going for it, just ask your posterboy Salty.

Romney is killing this idiot. I'm literally laughing while Obama is speaking, he sucks without the prompter.

Romney is literally the first Republican nominee since Reagan who can speak normally, and he's killing Obama at presentation.

BTW I'm no Romney fan, just anti-Obama.

So far the "debate" is just alot of fluff. Nothing that specific.

Romney did miss a zinger though. When he was talking about the middle class having been "buried" the last 4 years he should have thrown in "If you don't believe me just ask the Vice President".

Haha.

Romney is killing this idiot. I'm literally laughing while Obama is speaking, he sucks without the prompter.

I LOVE how Romney is talking right at Obama while Obama is trying to pander to the crowd. It's putting Obama right back into his Chicago hole and pushing his crushed venture into the real world right back into his talking points--which Romney has already crushed--which Romney crushes.

Game Theory 101. This is why Romney never proposed specifics, folks.

Ugh, my boss just paused my TV. Talking to her mom. Now I will be behind on the debate the whole night.

Trump's going to be all over Obama tomorrow for calling him a small business. He's a ****ing worldwide operation. I'm sitting here refreshing his twitter account.

Each little 2 min segment, Obama gives a 2 min stump speech, Romney writes notes, Romney refutes each point right then and there. Been happening since the start of the debate.

Holeeey hell this guy is better than I could ever ask for! I was hoping he'd mention how the "big oil subsidies" are for sucking dangerous greenhouse methane gas from old cave shafts--wonder what the earth thinks about taking away that subsidy...---but he killed that with his 90 billion failed solyndra crony subsidy comment. What a stud!

Holeeey hell this guy is better than I could ever ask for! I was hoping he'd mention how the "big oil subsidies" are for sucking dangerous greenhouse methane gas from old cave shafts--wonder what the earth thinks about taking away that subsidy...---but he killed that with his 90 billion failed solyndra crony subsidy comment. What a stud!

He knows his ****. Like, really. Obama has pet one-liners.