What's new

The devil's finding it hard to laugh......

Forgive me, but... didn't Virginia deal with those same obstacles as well?

Yes they did.
I think he was trying to say that it was a wierd, abnormal game and when that happens it turns things into more of a coin toss type situation where luck plays a larger role

Yes they did.
I think he was trying to say that it was a wierd, abnormal game and when that happens it turns things into more of a coin toss type situation where luck plays a larger role

Luck didn't have much to do with it. BYU's lack of offense had a lot to do with it. So did their (non)punt team.

Luck didn't have much to do with it. BYU's lack of offense had a lot to do with it. So did their (non)punt team.

Luck ALWAYS effects football games

Sure there are much much bigger factors involved and most of the loss can be pointed directly at byu players and coaches.
But if the weather was different, the refs don't make the horrible call on byu's punt, and hoffman plays, then the game would have not been exactly the same.

And maybe byu still loses... but weather, officiating, and not having thier best offensive player definately all had an effect in the game

image.png

427914_10151131521349694_2126857332_n.jpg

Byu's lack of offense had alot to do with it for sure.... but what about virginias lack of offense?
Byu offense 362 yards
Virginia offense 223 yards
So apparently lack of offense didnt hurt virginia

Byu's lack of offense had alot to do with it for sure.... but what about virginias lack of offense?
Byu offense 362 yards
Virginia offense 223 yards
So apparently lack of offense didnt hurt virginia

If BYU would have had short fields on multiple drives, it would have been different. It doesn't matter how bad your offense is if you can score on short fields.

Forgive me, but... didn't Virginia deal with those same obstacles as well?

My comment was more BYU offense oriented, not anything to do with the outcome of the game or Virgina. I said Virgina's defense might actually good....I gave them credit.

Last edited: