What's new

The Divine Directive to Go All-In

UB

100% certified ****boii
Contributor
Cortona_Guardian_Angel_01.jpg

So I am having a religious experience with this Jazz team. I haven't felt so stirred by the Jazz since I was in middle school. I've started smoking weed and listening to lots of 311 again.

I have bought into the notion that the Utah Jazz can -- with greater probability than ever before -- win the NBA Championship.

I've been on this message board for 16 years. We've talked so much about wishing the Jazz were this good. And that time has finally come. Now is the time. This is our window.
il_570xN.1851632611_hc44.jpg

So if we really want to win a chip, and we have a new owner who may realize this and opts to go all-in, then Utah has to be strategic to plan ahead for playoff matches (e.g., LAL, LAC, Denver). What are the moves that must be made?

Who do we need to add to the team? Who is available? What are our assets? When would these moves be made?

I'm an idiot not a captologist. What's within our range? I saw something about wanting to pick up Mo Bamba for PF back up, and a-Trevor Ariza type dude to body up on Lebron.

The only player you can say really needs upgrading would be Niang.

Maybe like a James Ennis from Orlando?

Really hard to do anything because it has to be a guy you can match salary with and there is no one on Utah that needs to be traded who also has a high salary.

I would love love love to get Larry Nance JR, but he's overpaid for the role the Jazz would put him in and they can't match salary to get him.

Reactions: UB
We don't have any second round picks or fake assets (like a Tomic circa 2012) that we can send in deals, unless we think there's some upside in Udoka or Hughes that you could cash-in on. So you're kind of left with guys who are on the open market or who will be bought out. Best guys on the open market are RHJ and Korver. Combine them into one player and you've got yourself something.

Don't fix what ain't broken. There is no move which makes us significantly better. Just ride with what we have and hope for the best.

We don't have any second round picks or fake assets (like a Tomic circa 2012) that we can send in deals, unless we think there's some upside in Udoka or Hughes that you could cash-in on. So you're kind of left with guys who are on the open market or who will be bought out. Best guys on the open market are RHJ and Korver. Combine them into one player and you've got yourself something.
RHJ would not be a bad pickup for injury insurance. Good perimeter D to throw at the big wings.

Reactions: UB
I’ll get flamed for it, but I’m all for our new owner delving deeper into the luxury tax to snag Kevin Love in the buyout market. I’m not too concerned about his ability to stay healthy as he is going to be a niche player that does niche things for 10-15 minutes per night.

I’m also not concerned about what he gives up Defensively. I think we’re good enough as a whole, to withstand subpar Defense from Mr. Love. The dude still does 2 things really well: Rebound and make it rain from 3. The deeper we go into the playoffs, the more we’re going to face teams that have the ability and personnel to slow down what we do Offensively. Having another top-notch 3 point shooter helps insulate us from that, He’s played on the biggest stage, and the dude.

Some will say it’s a bad idea, but you can bet your *** that teams like the Lakers, Clippers, Bucks, and Nets are going to be trying to bring him in for the exact reasons I’ve listed above.

Like UB’s original post, I’m a Jazz lifer that has waited since the late 90’s to see exactly what we’re seeing this year. Let’s strike while the iron is hot. C’mon Jazzfanz, let’s make us some Love!

I’ll get flamed for it, but I’m all for our new owner delving deeper into the luxury tax to snag Kevin Love in the buyout market. I’m not too concerned about his ability to stay healthy as he is going to be a niche player that does niche things for 10-15 minutes per night.

I’m also not concerned about what he gives up Defensively. I think we’re good enough as a whole, to withstand subpar Defense from Mr. Love. The dude still does 2 things really well: Rebound and make it rain from 3. The deeper we go into the playoffs, the more we’re going to face teams that have the ability and personnel to slow down what we do Offensively. Having another top-notch 3 point shooter helps insulate us from that, He’s played on the biggest stage, and the dude.

Some will say it’s a bad idea, but you can bet your *** that teams like the Lakers, Clippers, Bucks, and Nets are going to be trying to bring him in for the exact reasons I’ve listed above.

Like UB’s original post, I’m a Jazz lifer that has waited since the late 90’s to see exactly what we’re seeing this year. Let’s strike while the iron is hot. C’mon Jazzfanz, let’s make us some Love!
The only thing you’d get flamed for is suggesting such an extreme hypothetical. Picking him up for basically free would be a no-brainer.

He would be great. However, he had two years and $60M left on his deal after this year. That’d be a lot he’d have to give up, plus a lot Cleveland would have to pay, to make that work. I guess crazier things have happened, but I’m just not seeing a realistic avenue on that. But I certainly wouldn’t look the gift horse in the mouth.

Dude I've been in since 82. I remember thinking we had a chance to knock off the Lakers when we took them to 7 games. Then the many many years of the Stockton to Malone era. The frustration when portland, Seattle, Phoenix, houston, knocked us out even we should be been in the big dance. The sheer joy of witnessing "the shot", including telling my nosy neighbor to stick it when she complained about the noise we made celebrating late into the night. The crushing defeat of 2 finals runs. And then 20 years of frustration and getting hopes crushed. Now we have a team to rival the finals years, and I couldn't be more excited or happier. If they think adding love or about anyone else will be the one thing that allows us to keep it going, then I'm on board. Because I think we are about to make some real noise, and I think we have the best shot we've had in maybe forever, any I CAN'T WAIT!!

FEAR THE HYDRA!!

GO JAZZ!!

I don't hate it but it's a big risk too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app