What's new

The elephant in the room (Rudy Gobert)

The interview of Jamal Murray on a game between Denver and Utah a few years ago , he goes on to say scores are close , he throws the ball into Joker , Gobert guarding him , Rudy yells at the help defence , “ i got him, I got him “

Joker turns to Rudy , “Brother , I have 47 “

So now Rudy is the front runner for DPOY on the team with the best record in teh NBA while Quin and Donovan each struggle to be .500 on their teams.

Funny to back and read some of the Rudy hate on here as he turns his career back around to being the dominant force he was in his prime Utah days.

I am a Rudy fan and hope he keeps killing it. His being thrown under the bus last year on this board surprised me. I saw last month that Tony tweeted that Rudy should win the DPOY this year and that this really should be his 5th. IMO Rudy should end up in the HOF.

That ship sailed when we handed them Mike and saved them.
Absolutly. Rudy is back to his level ( special for youngjefe :)) but Mike make a big difference. Yesterday Finch in the after game ITW say that Mike was one of the smartet players he never coach and that he was the team leader there. With young talented like ANT, MAc Daniels who are willing to learn, KAT also accepting his new role very well, this team is clearly good and if Mike don't get hit by ages ( and extend), yes our pick will sucks definitly....the worst decision from DA for me was to move Mike. He was happy in Utah and could help the young here. Benefit go to Minny.

Absolutly. Rudy is back to his level ( special for youngjefe :)) but Mike make a big difference. Yesterday Finch in the after game ITW say that Mike was one of the smartet players he never coach and that he was the team leader there. With young talented like ANT, MAc Daniels who are willing to learn, KAT also accepting his new role very well, this team is clearly good and if Mike don't get hit by ages ( and extend), yes our pick will sucks definitly....the worst decision from DA for me was to move Mike. He was happy in Utah and could help the young here. Benefit go to Minny.
Moving Mike was the correct decision but moving him and NAW to the wolves was stupid. That move made zero sense when the wolves were desperate for some vet leadership to help stabilize things.

Moving Mike was the correct decision but moving him and NAW to the wolves was stupid. That move made zero sense when the wolves were desperate for some vet leadership to help stabilize things.
This. Weird to do Minny a solid when we have their future picks.

There are multiple moves that looking back may seem bad. We bet the farm by trading two all stars and even potential HOF who were still in their prime, one of whom loved being in Utah. Danny got very lucky when he blew up the Celtics because the Nets imploded so his picks looked genius. I doubt lightning strikes twice. I just hope we use the picks to trade for some known talent in the near future. There were so many ways to move on from Rudy and Don without blowing it up.

There are multiple moves that looking back may seem bad. We bet the farm by trading two all stars and even potential HOF who were still in their prime, one of whom loved being in Utah. Danny got very lucky when he blew up the Celtics because the Nets imploded so his picks looked genius. I doubt lightning strikes twice. I just hope we use the picks to trade for some known talent in the near future. There were so many ways to move on from Rudy and Don without blowing it up.
My concern (which I'm sure is much more likely than it is not) is that our path forward at that point, as unlikely as appeared, is still a much higher probability in working out in the end than the path we've taken. The grass always feels greener with unrealized assets because you can mentally deal with the potential and not have to see the glaring weaknesses that manifest in the realization phases. If we ever return to the same heights we were at, we'll be faced with new challenges that lead to significant concern about a pathway forward. I don't think we fully realized or appreciated how unlikely it was we got to where we did and assumed it wouldn't be difficult to replicate that pathway forward but "without" the prior mistakes.