What's new

The evolution of Ty Corbin

Good move - Tinsley/Watson we're getting broken down by Collision on every other possession.

Burks played the point great for a youngster - didn't try to do too much, nothing flashy

Bad move- Kanter subs for Jefferson. Jefferson post ups.
Other than that, I honestly saw positives from Corbin today. The biggest is his gamble on Foye/Burks.
He experimented with it in garbage time and brought it out. Strong coaching IMO.

He's sticking to the script that a first time head coach would use. Which is try the Vets first, out of respect for them, and because if you don't, ownership might think you don't know what you are doing. Give it a fair amount of time so it doesn't look disingenuous. Then when it proves to be the wrong moves, start looking down your bench at the young guys for someone to step up and take the job. Then management can't blame you if things go wrong because you tried the over paid scrubs that you were given to work with.

CaseClosed

Burks missed a free throw. His punishment of three DNP's begins now.

I was watching Ty closely throughout the night (having attended the game, and being about 4 rows away) and he actually was extremely focused on alec. every other play ty woud be motioning to alec, giving him advice, etc. Every time out he was rubbing his head and slappin him up (in a good way), i think (speculation) whatever alec has been doing lately has gotten him on ty's good side.

Don't expect it to last more than one game. Or will it?

:eek:

I hope it does.

The thing is I want Ty to be successful. He's a pretty likeable person. But I just don't see it happening, and I really wonder about him being in over his head for the job. However I'm hardly any expert and would love to see him prove me wrong, if for nothing else it would mean the Jazz are being successful and playing their future.

He gots a bad foot, braugh. No need to push him right now.

Did he have a bad foot last year, and the first part of this year too?