What's new

The Good....the Bad....and the Ugly!

carolinajazz

Well, I saw most of the 2nd half on free NBA preview TV and here's what I saw! First, the good. Donavan Mitchell had probably the best game I've seen him play EVER! Was totally under control, shot a high percentage, actually looked like a 10 year veteran out there, and hit every big shot we needed to win this game! Our defense man to man seemed quite good in the 2nd half as well. The bad? I didn't recognize this Jazz team compared to last year in both style on offense and ball movement! There just didn't seem to be any and the 15 assists we were credited with seemed to be very generous! It was obvious even to the most casual observer that we missed Rubio big time! The last 20 games last year we averaged between 25-30 assists and our offense was a joy to watch! I suspect we will play better next game and our offense should flow smoother. The Ugly? Our 3 point shooting and Connelly were horrendous! Lets hope Connelly never shoots 1-16 again, even if given a blindfold to start the game! But were 1-0 and off to the races!

We definitely did not miss Rubio in that game.

Even with Conley shooting poorly he was more effective at spacing our team than Rubio ever has been. The other team didn't just ignore him like the smart teams do to Rubio. Plus he played decent defense unlike Rubio last season.

The main issue we had was poor shooting from 3. That was expected especially from the new guys but used to Snyder's practices. They'll get their legs under them and get back to their normal good shooting.

Who is Connelly. You would think a guy who hates and 1 ballers and tats would have good spelling. Somehow I have a feeling CJ hs more tats than anyone here and it probably isn’t close. I mean CONNELLY, really?!

Well, I saw most of the 2nd half on free NBA preview TV and here's what I saw! First, the good. Donavan Mitchell had probably the best game I've seen him play EVER! Was totally under control, shot a high percentage, actually looked like a 10 year veteran out there, and hit every big shot we needed to win this game! Our defense man to man seemed quite good in the 2nd half as well. The bad? I didn't recognize this Jazz team compared to last year in both style on offense and ball movement! There just didn't seem to be any and the 15 assists we were credited with seemed to be very generous! It was obvious even to the most casual observer that we missed Rubio big time! The last 20 games last year we averaged between 25-30 assists and our offense was a joy to watch! I suspect we will play better next game and our offense should flow smoother. The Ugly? Our 3 point shooting and Connelly were horrendous! Lets hope Connelly never shoots 1-16 again, even if given a blindfold to start the game! But were 1-0 and off to the races!

1 ****ing game. Good lord people.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Who is Connelly. You would think a guy who hates and 1 ballers and tats would have good spelling. Somehow I have a feeling CJ hs more tats than anyone here and it probably isn’t close. I mean CONNELLY, really?!

It was late at night, I was tired and just wanted to give my expert observation on what we saw last night! Lighten up, will ya?

[QUOTE You can’t take what he says seriously[/QUOTE]

My observations of NBA games are dead on nails! Not tainted by fanatical support to any team, just the facts!

Donovan learned a few things from Coach Pop. His hard work in the offseason and with Team USA has made him look so much more composed and comfortable. He didn't try and rush things - that was the big thing - and because of that he finished well. Some people accused him of Hero Ball last season and at times that was true but last night it seemed he worked off of what the defense gave him; he reacted and was patient and didn't just take foolish shots the second he knew he could get the shot off.

Donovan learned a few things from Coach Pop. His hard work in the offseason and with Team USA has made him look so much more composed and comfortable. He didn't try and rush things - that was the big thing - and because of that he finished well. Some people accused him of Hero Ball last season and at times that was true but last night it seemed he worked off of what the defense gave him; he reacted and was patient and didn't just take foolish shots the second he knew he could get the shot off.

I like this take! Very good points.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

[QUOTE You can’t take what he says seriously

My observations of NBA box scores games will make you want to be dead with a nail in your head! They are not tainted by any facts other than what the players look like, just wish I had facts![/QUOTE]

I fixed your typos.

My favorite part is that Carolina admits to only watching the second half on a free preview. This is like a hobo giving political advice to Hillary Clinton because he took a polysci course in Levan, Utah 43 years ago.

Move on. "Needing to Gel" and poor shooting (Not Rubio) were the reasons for fewer assists. The first quarter (which you didnt see apparently) was full of wide open shots that just wouldnt go down.