What's new

"The Jazz are bound to shoot [Milos] Teodosic an offer sheet."

David Stern

[TWEET]864518674622722050[/TWEET]
https://twitter.com/davidjsmith1232/status/864518674622722050

https://www.netsdaily.com/2017/5/16...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

CSKA will soon engage in one the greatest decisions the franchise had in a long time. Milos Teodosic - NBA or Europe? Several NBA GMs and scouts are eye-balling the Serbian wizard floor general. With ex-CSKA assistant Quin Snyder leading Utah into the second round of the playoffs with loads of international flavor, sources tell me the Jazz are bound to shoot Teodosic an offer-sheet. The Brooklyn Nets are also in active pursuit. People close to Teodosic estimate that he'll push for a deal in 3-years $25-30 million range.

Supposedly a 3 year deal on the MLE would be around 26 Million if the Jazz decided to go in this direction. Figured this was probably worth it's own thread during the offseason.

Cool. I really want him on the Jazz. Would be a fun experiment. Would probably be more excited about him than Exum.

Interesting. So this is their move with the past season's cap space. It's a why-not proposition.

Plus, it could lessen Hill's negotiating position a bit.

It's like saying, "Okay George, you don't want our cap space. We'll give it to another PG instead."

Interesting. So this is their move with the past season's cap space. It's a why-not proposition.

Plus, it could lessen Hill's negotiating position a bit.

It's like saying, "Okay George, you don't want our cap space. We'll give it to another PG instead."

16 ppg for CSKA Moscow this year.

If that's the price, I wouldn't mind it... I hope at least the third year is team option.

Get him, and send Exum in a package for a good player. Assuming we re-sign Hill that is.

Only makes sense if you aren't bringing back Hill. Just from his highlights he looks like he has the ability to play on or off the ball offensively. Obviously a great passer. I'm not sure how much I love having this guy and Joe ingles on the team/floor at the same time. Would their relative slowness and craftiness create a vortex that would suck in all players and make them slower also, or would Teodosic struggle to get to his spots playing with NBA athletes?

I think they can do better with their cap space and assets, but if this guy is just signing for the mid level then why not. I would still like to see a better option at 4, and an attempt to get a high-level talent before going this route.

I remember asking who this guy was when it was first posted he was interested in signing with the jazz and getting dumped on for having the gall to ask who he was. My basketball fandom was even called into question. So to risk further scrutiny, how much is it going to take to get him and how good will he be? Do we still need to resign Hill if we get this guy?

Only makes sense if you aren't bringing back Hill. Just from his highlights he looks like he has the ability to play on or off the ball offensively. Obviously a great passer. I'm not sure how much I love having this guy and Joe ingles on the team/floor at the same time. Would their relative slowness and craftiness create a vortex that would suck in all players and make them slower also, or would Teodosic struggle to get to his spots playing with NBA athletes?

I think they can do better with their cap space and assets, but if this guy is just signing for the mid level then why not. I would still like to see a better option at 4, and an attempt to get a high-level talent before going this route.

Why can't we have him and Ingles on the floor together?? Don't get that. Joe is a good defender??

I expect the Jazz to go after him. Snyder loves the guy. Called him the best passer on the planet. I don't think he's an NBA starter. Think he fills the spot that Shelvin Mack vacates and gets some 2 guard minutes off the bench as well. I also think the Jazz are keeping Hill to start. If they sign Teo, I hope it's not for the full MLE, and that they get a team option for the 3rd year. I'm optimistic that he'll work out, but I don't want another Tibor Pleiss situation where the Jazz have to give up assets to get rid of him if it doesn't work out. Hopefully he works as well for the Jazz as Jingles has.

I expect the Jazz to go after him. Snyder loves the guy. Called him the best passer on the planet. I don't think he's an NBA starter. Think he fills the spot that Shelvin Mack vacates and gets some 2 guard minutes off the bench as well. I also think the Jazz are keeping Hill to start. If they sign Teo, I hope it's not for the full MLE, and that they get a team option for the 3rd year. I'm optimistic that he'll work out, but I don't want another Tibor Pleiss situation where the Jazz have to give up assets to get rid of him if it doesn't work out. Hopefully he works as well for the Jazz as Jingles has.

The thing is that Teo would have trade value, there are a bunch of teams in the NBA who love him.

Why can't we have him and Ingles on the floor together?? Don't get that. Joe is a good defender??

It was kind of a joke, but I do worry about a team without footspeed on the perimeter. I mean, Joe is great, but I would prefer to have a bit quicker guy to match up with lead guards. Offensively I also worry a little bit about how Teodosic's game will translate to NBA defenses. His passes look nice and he has awesome flair, but I don't know if he'll be able to break down defenses the same way, or have the same lanes he has in the highlights I saw.

If he was younger I'd say he'll evolve as he plays against that kind of competition, but I'd only take a chance on him at his age as a secondary option if I can't get Hill.

I agree with everything here.

It was kind of a joke, but I do worry about a team without footspeed on the perimeter. I mean, Joe is great, but I would prefer to have a bit quicker guy to match up with lead guards. Offensively I also worry a little bit about how Teodosic's game will translate to NBA defenses. His passes look nice and he has awesome flair, but I don't know if he'll be able to break down defenses the same way, or have the same lanes he has in the highlights I saw.

If he was younger I'd say he'll evolve as he plays against that kind of competition, but I'd only take a chance on him at his age as a secondary option if I can't get Hill.

Never bad to have good players on the court at the same time. I don't care about foot speed.