What's new

The Jazz are going to make the Playoffs.

Matthew Thomas Castleton

If we win in Portland on Wednesday (which is likely because Aldridge is out and the Trailblazers will have nothing to play for because they were eliminated from Playoffs contention on Monday), Phoenix loses at home to Oklahoma City, and Houston loses at Dallas, we will take over the 8th spot temporarily @ 33-30. From that point forward, we control our own destiny. If we can win our last three home games, we will make the Playoffs as at least the 8th seed.
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

...that sounds like a lot of ifs, ands and buts! But I'd still love to see the Jazz make the playoffs, so we can see a few more televised games on national t.v.

If we win in Portland on Wednesday (which is likely because Aldridge is out and the Trailblazers will have nothing to play for because they were eliminated from Playoffs contention on Monday), Phoenix loses at home to Oklahoma City, and Houston loses at Dallas, we will take over the 8th spot temporarily @ 33-30. From that point forward, we control our own destiny. If we can win our last three home games, we will make the Playoffs as at least the 8th seed.
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Funny how you can go from no chance in hell to a most in the driver seat. The schedule is set up for us to possibly win out no LMA for Portland twice and no D. Howard when we play Orlando, and the suns. Anyone know if the suns go to Utah, or do we go there?

Phoenix has the 8th seed right now. If the Jazz make the playoffs I hope it comes at the expense of Houston, Denver or even Dallas. I'd rather have Phoenix in the playoffs then one of those three teams.

Edit: Orlando, Portland and Phoenix come here. We go to Portland 1 time for the other game.

Funny how you can go from no chance in hell to a most in the driver seat. The schedule is set up for us to possibly win out no LMA for Portland twice and no D. Howard when we play Orlando, and the suns. Anyone know if the suns go to Utah, or do we go there?

No kidding.

A few days ago It looked bleak. Crazy how fast that changed.
I think they just might pull it out.

I have been right by this team's side the whole time. It will be great to watch them in the playoffs.

Phoenix has the 8th seed right now. If the Jazz make the playoffs I hope it comes at the expense of Houston, Denver or even Dallas. I'd rather have Phoenix in the playoffs then one of those three teams.

Edit: Orlando, Portland and Phoenix come here. We go to Portland 1 time for the other game.

I've always liked Phoenix (back to the Paul Westphal days), and root for Nash when he's not playing Jazz. I also like George Karl, and now that Crymelo's gone, there's less reason to hate Denver. Houston fans are a bunch of whiny namby-pamby's, so I'm hoping it's Houston we knock out of the playoffs.

I've gone from on the fence to definitely wanting to make the playoffs, although sadly I don't think I'll be in town for any playoff games.

Jazz go into 3 OT's against a team on a back to back that previously played in OT. I don't know about you guys but I can't wait for the Jazz to make the playoffs and stun the Thunder.

Jazz go into 3 OT's against a team on a back to back that previously played in OT. I don't know about you guys but I can't wait for the Jazz to make the playoffs and stun the Thunder.

So you think the Jazz are going to end up with the 7th seed? Spurs are the #1 West team right now.

So you think the Jazz are going to end up with the 7th seed? Spurs are the #1 West team right now.

Thanks for the correction! Even better if the Jazz stun the Spurs right? Go Jazz! Let's get that trophy!

Thanks for the correction! Even better if the Jazz stun the Spurs right? Go Jazz! Let's get that trophy!

I agree with your point btw. I will not be mad if Utah gets the 8th seed, I like to see Utah win. However the 8th seed is the least advantageous scenario for Utah. In my opinion.

this is what earl watson predicted a few weeks ago. he said it was likely the jazz would slip out but then have a chance late because of sked. when he said it i didn't like that he was essentially announcing a justification for not playing better in games 50-60, but it turns out he might have been prophetic.

I think I would rather play San Antonio. OKC is just too talented. We can wear the Spurs out.

I would rather play OKC.
SAS are wayy too structured.
With OKC, if KD and Westbrook are off on their shots, then it's an easier game to win, IMO.

I would rather play OKC.
SAS are wayy too structured.
With OKC, if KD and Westbrook are off on their shots, then it's an easier game to win, IMO.

Plus SAS just has our number. They have for the last 20 or so years.

we're not winning a round, though. i mean, don't get me wrong, once the playoffs begin i'll root as though i believe our chances. but this is all about taking a step forward in the development of a building team. GETTING to the playoffs means something. WINNING is the next step, and a pretty tall order against two teams as capable as SAS and OKC.