What's new

The Jazz Got A Much-Needed Overhaul

Terrible assessment of the Houston series. The Harden defensive scheme largely worked. And our offense failed.

(Is that really even an appropriate statement, though, that it failed? Or did it just do what it was built to do — stagnant?)

Terrible assessment of the Houston series. The Harden defensive scheme largely worked. And our offense failed.

(Is that really even an appropriate statement, though, that it failed? Or did it just do what it was built to do — stagnant?)
.Screenshot_20190421-143522__01.jpegScreenshot_20190421-143205__01.jpeg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Nah, it failed. Jazz had repeated wide open looks as designed and shot significantly under their season averages. Jazz O failed because we missed open shots and a staggering rate. Locke has broken all this down.

Did you read my post?
But Houston really stepped up their defense in the series, so these stats are misleading. Sure there were the wide open shots that were missed, but you have to remember that their intense defense had disrupted the Jazz rhythm so that when they did get open, they were rushing their shots.

But Houston really stepped up their defense in the series, so these stats are misleading. Sure there were the wide open shots that were missed, but you have to remember that their intense defense had disrupted the Jazz rhythm so that when they did get open, they were rushing their shots.
I disagree with that. Their defense looked better because they were packing it in against us daring us to beat them by our outside shot and we couldnt make that shot to save our lives. We had the most wide open shots of any team in the NBA with no defender around. They werent rushed shots. Every game in the regular season we got cold it looked the same. Usually we only had 1 or 2 games like that in a row. But we got cold at the wrong time and didnt break out of it, even when we won.

Even with that, this series was close. The series changed quite a bit when our defensive strategy started to work. We just came up short with shots we normally make.

I disagree with that. Their defense looked better because they were packing it in against us daring us to beat them by our outside shot and we couldnt make that shot to save our lives. We had the most wide open shots of any team in the NBA with no defender around. They werent rushed shots. Every game in the regular season we got cold it looked the same. Usually we only had 1 or 2 games like that in a row. But we got cold at the wrong time and didnt break out of it, even when we won.

Even with that, this series was close. The series changed quite a bit when our defensive strategy started to work. We just came up short with shots we normally make.
I won't disagree that we went cold, but I recall that they were playing very tight defense, contesting everything in the early stages of the game, and when they tired a bit, we couldn't hit the open shots. At least that's how I recall it. Maybe I'm wrong. But you know we had Bricky Ricky then and shooting gets contagious. Hard to remember, but they could've been laying off him and he was missing, which wasn't unusual.

Yeah, it's what the market demanded to wrap the deal. Pretty sure the Pacers took a step backwards. I can only thank Mirotic for being so sentimental.:D
I'm not sure the Pacers are any worse, they are probably even better in the wash. The East got a little worse (Raptors took a dive, Celtics are arguably worse), and they added Brogdon, Lamb, and TJ Warren with the cap that they would've spent on Bojan.

I'm not sure the Pacers are any worse, they are probably even better in the wash. The East got a little worse (Raptors took a dive, Celtics are arguably worse), and they added Brogdon, Lamb, and TJ Warren with the cap that they would've spent on Bojan.
And, to use an oft-played joke here, their best FA acquisition may be getting an injured player back. Pacers are going to be very strong. I could see them competing for 3rd best record in the EC.

It didn’t execute.

Remember though that they're out Young, Evans, Mathews, Collison, Joseph as well as Bogey. I don't believe that Warren or Brogdon can hit the three ball like Bogey let alone as efficient slashing to the rim.

Remember though that they're out Young, Evans, Mathews, Collison, Joseph as well as Bogey. I don't believe that Warren or Brogdon can hit the three ball like Bogey let alone as efficient slashing to the rim.
Brogdon can hit the three ball much better than bogey.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app