What's new

The Jazz Have to Make a Hard Push for Rondo

Rondo's better than I have given him credit for, but it remains to be seen what he does without players to take significant pressure off of him. That, and I don't think Boston's looking to down-grade, and this idea is rill tired.

So you rather him play for a ****ty team and put up the same numbers?

IMO Harris would be a pretty good fit on that team. All they do is run, which as it happens is all Harris does. Obviously GS would rather have Curry though.

Jefferson sucks. Jefferson can't play on a winning team. Jefferson can't defend. Jefferson doesn't make his teammates better. Jefferson is a black hole. Jefferson sucks against the Lakers. Why does Hayward suck? Why can't Hayward make a layup? Why can't Hayward rebound. What has happened to Hayward's 3pt shot? Why can't Hayward be Paul George. But oh yeah! Boston would totally love to give up their best trade asset to get both of these guys!

1. Boston believes Rondo's worth alot more than Big Al and Hayward. He's their only token to rebuilding quickly once the window officially closes on the Big-3. It should be apparent by now that Big Al isn't a piece you build around if you have championship aspirations like the Celtics do - he's a piece you get if your team wants to tread water.

2. Rondo also is not the missing piece this Utah Jazz team needs - unless we plan on simultaneously surrounding Rondo with above-average talent at the 2, 3 and 4.

Meh. What the Celtics lack most is depth. I think they would pull the trigger on a trade if it meant they could make one more run at a title. A combo of Al/Harris/Hayward could possibly get it done. I hate to include Hayward, but I would pull the trigger on this if they include a shooter.

Rondo is a fantastic defender and gets to the rim. But most of all he is a winner. The only question for me is whether he would stick around long term.

I'm not sure anybody here would be the guy to push the red button on a Rondo trade when they saw what Boston would want for him. Why would they take less than we took for DWill?

simple --> Whether he is that good or not is besides the point; they think he is that good. I don't want to pay their asking price. <-- simple

Bean, I know you better than to throw out a trade idea and not know the contracts need to (within a percentage) match, so I know you were just throwing out the highlights of the trade you'd want to see happen. However, there are people out there who just say, let's do Al for Curry, and that's it - it's those people that get under my skin.

I know I'm just messing I hate it too. I just want Curry for free.

And Golden State would want to pair Harris and Ellis together because: __________________.

"David Lee has one of the worst contract in the league whereas Millsap has one of the best and it's 3 years shorter"
"Millsap is a huge upgrade over Lee and they would have sufficient cap space after amnestying Biedrins"
"they are a broken team that can't win and need to do something to improve"
"the draft is loaded next year"