What's new

The Jazz target in the offseason.

yep. A tiny bit less hyperconservativism would most likely have paid off.

Had to bakk the cakk, doe.

I was getting a little bit upset around the trade deadline and right after, but I am pretty happy with the way this team is shaping up otherwise. I think we would have been at least as good with Exum in place of Mack, though, so I was happy before the injury.

I would like to see a big third wing though.

I was getting a little bit upset around the trade deadline and right after, but I am pretty happy with the way this team is shaping up otherwise. I think we would have been at least as good with Exum in place of Mack, though, so I was happy before the injury.

I would like to see a big third wing though.

We might have had to pay a little bit more for Mack last offseason (after Dante's injury) or in the earlier part of this year, but I'd be shocked if the deal couldn't have gotten done for 2 second-rounders whenever we wanted. We obviously knew exactly what he was the whole time. We've played it all hyperconservatively. Hyper. I'm less easily soothed. Neto is going to be a decent player, but we over-invested in him (specifically in terms of minutes played). Favors's back, Burks's stuff, etc. The list is long.

We might have had to pay a little bit more for Mack last offseason (after Dante's injury) or in the earlier part of this year, but I'd be shocked if the deal couldn't have gotten done for 2 second-rounders whenever we wanted. We obviously knew exactly what he was the whole time. We've played it all hyperconservatively. Hyper. I'm less easily soothed. Neto is going to be a decent player, but we over-invested in him (specifically in terms of minutes played). Favors's back, Burks's stuff, etc. The list is long.

Yeah I can see that. An entire season of Mack would have been awesome. Favors and Burks have missed an inordinate amount of games. Whether the absences were necessary and they just fed us small amounts of information, or they were super conservative in bringing them back, it freaking sucks. I think if Favors doesn't miss so many games, burks doesnt die midseason, and we have Mack for a whole season, we might win over 50 games.

Free agents ideas for Utah
Kevin Durant - A nice dream
Mike Conley - Throw the bank at him. Will he leave Memphis? Exum is still a mystery
Ryan Anderson - The Ultimate stretch 4; Will have lots of bidders
Joakim Noah - no longer starter, but could be a great vet presence and vocal leader
Nicolas Batum - I don't think Charlotte will let him go
Harrison Barnes - Is he a star, a starter or a 6th man?
Evan Turner - Celtics like him and might overpay
Evan Fournier - If price is low Orlando will re-sign him. But at right price great addition.

Mike Conley - Throw the bank at him. Will he leave Memphis? Exum is still a mystery
Joakim Noah - no longer starter, but could be a great vet presence and vocal leader
Evan Fournier - If price is low Orlando will re-sign him. But at right price great addition.

Noah for the interviews

Honestly if we can't get durant or Conley then let that mu****ing cake bake!

Trade Burke, let CJ and Booker go. Add Luol Deng and Teletovic(?) from the Suns. Add the draft pick and we're back at 15 players. Speaking of the Suns, if they are willing to pay to get rid of Chandler (3yr,~39M left), I'd listen.

Good list.

Evan fournier would be a nice get. Who knows what orlando is going to do. Maybe work a s&t.

Trade Burke, let CJ and Booker go. Add Luol Deng and Teletovic(?) from the Suns. Add the draft pick and we're back at 15 players. Speaking of the Suns, if they are willing to pay to get rid of Chandler (3yr,~39M left), I'd listen.

Why would you want deng? I like the guy but his best days are past.

Teletovic is a decent player but ic the jazz are going to sign a 4 then just bring back booker. If he can play the 3 how much better is he then ingles? I would rather keep progressing lyles and give him the minutes at the 4.

Chandler is interesting however as a back up to gobert. He would also pair well with lyles. Trade pleiss in the deal.