What's new

The Jazz WILL NOT persue any wings per DL

franklin

Austin Horton
‏@austinhorton
"I had a conversation with Rodney Hood yesterday, & we've tactically decided to stay out of the free agent wing market in a BIG way" Lindsey

Apparently from 1280 interview.

Good. We don't need a wing. We need a shooting big.

So no Harris? :..(
With Lindsey saying this, if they do pursue Harris at this point, we know they plan to use him primarily as a big - and that's a good thing. Booker's spot is definitely a place they can upgrade and Harris would do it. But just like we mentioned earlier, I'm not holding my breath.

Ryan McDonald: Dennis Lindsey was as short as I’ve ever heard him be when he was asked about Trevor Booker just now

Ryan McDonald: Dennis Lindsey was as short as I’ve ever heard him be when he was asked about Trevor Booker just now

I thought he was rather forthright. Jazz like Booker and the toughness he brings. The Booker contract has value and is desired around the league. Booker and his agent understand the situation. Jazz face a tough decision because Booker played better than expected and became an emotional leader in the locker room and set a tone of toughness the Jazz like.

I hope they find a way to keep him, but understand if they move him.

Some of you need to swallow your pride and realize that big name FA don't want to play here yet. And the players we currently have are better than the 2nd and 3rd tier trash getting overpaid as we type.

Bargnani?

If he was really willing to come for 4-5 million a year for a couple of years I think he could help. He can really shoot and he is really big. But he is really soft. But as 3rd center we could work around that.

I thought he was rather forthright. Jazz like Booker and the toughness he brings. The Booker contract has value and is desired around the league. Booker and his agent understand the situation. Jazz face a tough decision because Booker played better than expected and became an emotional leader in the locker room and set a tone of toughness the Jazz like.

I hope they find a way to keep him, but understand if they move him.

The tone of his voice was weird though, like DL is expecting to cut/trade him. It was the hopefulness/excitement you hear when he talks about nearly everyone else.

Some of you need to swallow your pride and realize that big name FA don't want to play here yet. And the players we currently have are better than the 2nd and 3rd tier trash getting overpaid as we type.

Agreed. I'd look at Tobias Harris, because it seems like his market isn't as strong as I was expecting it to be and I see him as a quality guy who might be acquired without giving up assets. It could just be that teams are being quiet on him until he can sign the offer sheet and force them to decide to match.

After that, I'd say the Jazz should try to buyout Tomic and Pleiss and bring them both over.

I'd like the Jazz to sign a back up center AND bring over Tibor Pleiss. We are set at all other positions. Also, I'd like to see Booker get some minutes at back up SF to open up minutes for Lyles at back up PF. You then go with this depth chart:

PG: Dante Exum, Trey Burke, Bryce Cotton/Olivier Hanlan (D-League assignment to Idaho)
SG: Alec Burks, Rodney Hood, Elijah Millsap
SF: Gordon Hayward, Trevor Booker, Joe Ingles
PF: Derrick Favors, Trey Lyles, Grant Jerrett
C: Rudy Gobert, Free Agent, Tibor Pleiss

Remember, because we own the Idaho Stampede, we can use them to sign players that we want to develop as well. I'd expect Hanlan and any other players the Jazz are interested in playing big minutes for the Stampede this season. Simply because we own and operate them, it makes the D-League draft sort of interesting. The Jazz can pick players there that they are interested in developing without having to waste NBA draft picks/free agent money on said players.

Remember, because we own the Idaho Stampede, we can use them to sign players that we want to develop as well. I'd expect Hanlan and any other players the Jazz are interested in playing big minutes for the Stampede this season. Simply because we own and operate them, it makes the D-League draft sort of interesting. The Jazz can pick players there that they are interested in developing without having to waste NBA draft picks/free agent money on said players.

A few things:

1. People can make more money in overseas. There's no guarantee anyone opts for the DLeague.
2. Unless the Jazz sign them to a contract and assign them to the Stampede, we don't own them. Anyone can call them up.

A few things:

1. People can make more money in overseas. There's no guarantee anyone opts for the DLeague.
2. Unless the Jazz sign them to a contract and assign them to the Stampede, we don't own them. Anyone can call them up.

If we own their draft rights, other teams can't sign them.

I am still convinced that Hood is going to explode. I think we have a MIP in him, and a potential all-star. Some of his play last season was on a different level. I can see this clicking for him in a big way. I am very excited to see him play next year.