What's new

The Jazzfanz Graveyard: The Lost Souls of Jazzfanz

How about saltydawg. One of the most famous threads on all JF. Crazy to think this was 12 years ago now. Wow.

For the record, I own both the most recent iteration of samsung smart phone, and a laptop, and 2 desktops. And I am working on upgrading my gaming desktop as it is a few years out of date. Smartphones will almost assuredly never replace computers, or at the very least it will be a long long time before we see computers actually phased out of our lives. Very long. The smartphone I have right now is fully capable of running almost anything I throw at it, but the makers realized that we didn't really want docking stations and all that **** so they don't do that any more. This is so not a thing. It is kind of cringe-funny to read some of that thread though.

I can't remember the username of the fellow who first brought me here, haven't seen him in real life in a bit either, but I hope it's going well for him.

I can't remember the username of the fellow who first brought me here, haven't seen him in real life in a bit either, but I hope it's going well for him.
Honz?

Doesn't ring any bells. All I remember on here is he invited me to a personal forum once (Trouts?), but I never bothered.

Hope I'd still recognize him in real life at least, ran into his brother a couple of months ago, congrats on being an uncle poster whose name I don't recall!

IIRC, I first learned of JazzFanz from alt.sports.basketball.nba.utah-jazz, maybe from Guitar-O?

Doesn't ring any bells. All I remember on here is he invited me to a personal forum once (Trouts?), but I never bothered.

Hope I'd still recognize him in real life at least, ran into his brother a couple of months ago, congrats on being an uncle poster whose name I don't recall!
By far the most popular forum here was the UGLI Baby forum. UGLI stands for "U gotta love it" He'd probably be mid 30s about now.

By far the most popular forum here was the UGLI Baby forum. UGLI stands for "U gotta love it" He'd probably be mid 30s about now.
I actually went to middle school with him. He was a year younger than me. I didn’t know him, though, and wasn’t sure I recognized him when I looked at my trusty yearbook.

I actually went to middle school with him. He was a year younger than me. I didn’t know him, though, and wasn’t sure I recognized him when I looked at my trusty yearbook.
You know UGLI Baby wasn't his real name. Maybe you were looking at the wrong guy.

Sadly, I can't remember the Jazzfanz names of those I knew back in 2005. I'm more likely to remember their real life names.

When I first started posting here, the names I remember are Red and Black Attack, which was a kid who was a Blazers fan. I'm pretty sure he was also Saxon on RealGM. He may even be numerous alts over the years. Similar to someone like MTJK. There was a guy named JD who was a Lakers fan. I think he lived in Utah Valley. Some guy named Daedalus. Another person named Hipster Doofus. It's a name that you'd assume it was Keefe but it wasn't Keefe. I think it was this guy that told a story of how he was on the freeway and they had their wiperfluid shooters pointed sideways, and there was a limo carrying Madonna and she rolled her window down and they shot washer fluid on her. Really, really far-fetched non-sense and wish that person could come back and talk about that again. Back around this time, you had here and you had JazzHoops (or maybe it was a different name, but think it was JazzHoops) and this was kinda like the WWF/WCW. Bordelais and VinylJunkie (Vinylone) were originally over there and had both been mods, before coming over here. And there was Jazz Fan From Reno (JFFR) who still pops up every few years or so. I left on a mission at the beginning of 2004 and by the time I came back in 2006 it was a whole new crew.

Real estate. He went to St. G before the collapse of '08 and shortly after that collapse started posing here. Once the market rebounded and he didn't need people to come try to sell his lots in a down market he stopped posting here. He got UGLI and Trout to move their entire life to St. G to try to sell units in a trash market and neither of them made any money doing it, but they came away thinking he was just the best thing ever.

I think he may have actually built his high-end resort outside of St. G. or someone else did. He promised to take a bunch of JFers there when it opened. Who knows, maybe he did?

Dr. Jones liked to sniff his own ****.

Dr. Jones liked to sniff his own ****.
I don't know. I mean he kind of rubbed me the wrong way with his self-important way of posting about his money and stuff, and when he basically scolded me for having a loser mentality. The people who have gotten to know him personally seem to think he's just fantastic, though, so who knows? But some people like that kind of attitude, it's sort of the core of the whole "alpha" culture going on right now. Some people find Andrew Tate and Donald Trump appealing.

I liked Dr. Jones/PKM. Until I came back from my hiatus and found myself the target of the eye crew (or whatever symbol they used for that) bullying. I and others pushed back and things seemed to shift in how he and others posted then they kind of just faded out.

I don't know. I mean he kind of rubbed me the wrong way with his self-important way of posting about his money and stuff, and when he basically scolded me for having a loser mentality. The people who have gotten to know him personally seem to think he's just fantastic, though, so who knows? But some people like that kind of attitude, it's sort of the core of the whole "alpha" culture going on right now. Some people find Andrew Tate and Donald Trump appealing.
The dude could be funny but he was a rich-guy douche too. I got a scam-artist vibe from him.

The dude could be funny but he was a rich-guy douche too. I got a scam-artist vibe from him.
Yeah, I did too. I honestly think it's possible he joined a sports message board for a team he didn't give a **** about one way or another so that he could recruit people here, which he did. As mentioned, Trout and UGLI both moved from the Salt Lake Valley to St. G to slang his properties in a very bad housing market. Who's to say he didn't have a presence on other Utah based message boards where he did the same thing a half dozen times.

This is just my own guess, but prior to 2008 St. G was the fastest growing housing market in the U.S.. I think he planned to come in, sell a bunch of properties in a housing development and then move along. He sort of got stuck because the market crashed. Selling was no longer automatic and if he had salespeople that were worth anything they probably moved on, so he came here and farmed some dudes to go down there and sit in the model house all day getting paid on commission. I talked to both Trout and UGLI offline and neither of them made any money doing that and both eventually moved on, but had no ill-will towards Dr. Jones, they basically just said they weren't very good at selling houses.

The housing market went on another run and we basically haven't seen him since.